A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Friday, when they g...

Full story: Newsday 38
A sample Friday menu for prisoners in Georgia , who are now getting only two meals that day as the state tries to save money: Breakfast: Scrambled eggs Grits Corn Muffins Bran cereal Pineapple beverage Margarine Coffee Milk Dinner: Chicken and biscuits Turnip greens Tossed salad Vinegar and oil dressing Mashed potatoes Spice cake Iced tea ___ ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
starving student

Pittsburg, CA

#21 Aug 31, 2009
OHHHhhh- I confess- I "was" married to a Ca inmate once upon a time... I continued with my college courses and, I visited him EVERY WEEKEND for ten months (until I ended up in a car accident). I ate MAYBE two meals a day?? Meanwhile HE ate pizza, ice cream nevelties and KFC that the warden purchased with state funeds for "good behavior"?! WHAT?! GOOD BEHAVIOR?!! These sorry characters ALL suffer from "poor me syndrojme" -they have enough of it to share so, please, dont give them anymore than they already have!
PWT

New York, NY

#22 Sep 1, 2009
Prisoners get meat and dessert? Why? I though prison was supposed to be an unpleasant experience so as to deter the inmates from ever wanting to return.
javieralfonzo

San Antonio, TX

#23 Sep 1, 2009
WOW I am beginning to think that the crime rate is high is ATL because people want to live off of Prison food!

Its almost a win-win for homeless/useless people...

If I commit a crime (mugging/stealing) and get away with it I get a bid wad of cash/stuff I can sell! If I get caught I get eggs and grits for breakfast. Yeah there is a downside to the Prison life... but hey it only hurts the first time (or so I have been told)

hmmm
audioofbeing

Augusta, GA

#24 Sep 11, 2009
Prisoners deal frequently with threats of violent beatings, rape, and the simple lack of freedom that dehumanizes in and of itself. Many are frequently found innocent post conviction (not including those that scape out on technicalities), and the justice system itself tends towards harsher sentences for people of color and the poor.

I find it hard to begrudge people two meals a day under those circumstances.

By the same logic, if you don't like that they seem to beat eating better than you, and it is entirely due to their choices, I submit you have not made the correct choices in life or you would obviously be better off. This system is entirely based on individual merit.
hard time

Corona, CA

#25 Sep 13, 2009
The tossed salad isn't actually served at dinner time, but some of the inmates have it during shower time.
Georgia Peach

Atlanta, GA

#26 Sep 13, 2009
Actually many of us here in Georgia are wondering just HOW ol Sonny Perdue has p*i*s* sed away all the money he says he's short of.
javieralfonzo

San Antonio, TX

#27 Sep 14, 2009
Georgia Peach wrote:
Actually many of us here in Georgia are wondering just HOW ol Sonny Perdue has p*i*s* sed away all the money he says he's short of.
Noooo you cannot talk bad about a GOP darling! No matter how things are screwed up... water... traffic.. spending... all that matters is who is in power. It doesnt matter if we are spending into oblivion and blame the Federal govt... it doesnt matter if the schools are ranked at the bottom of the country... what really matter is... gays shouldnt get married and Christ should be plugged into everything! That is all Georgia wants.
Double Standard

Warren, NJ

#28 Sep 14, 2009
Why should one politician be any different from all the rest?
anonymous

Atlanta, GA

#29 Oct 9, 2009
all of u sound like f***ing idiots
Double serving

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Oct 9, 2009
Dingleberry pie a la mode for the whole bunch of them.
Yolanda

Virginia Beach, VA

#31 Oct 10, 2009
Hard Times wrote:
Just goes to show you that prison is not a nice place. You can avoid going to prison by not committing crimes.
2 my babys was icacerated for crims they dint comit. they was frame by the police like oj an michel vicks
special ed

Kings Park, NY

#32 Oct 10, 2009
Yolanda wrote:
<quoted text>2 my babys was icacerated for crims they dint comit. they was frame by the police like oj an michel vicks
There crime was a mama that could'nt speak english.
special ed

Kings Park, NY

#33 Oct 10, 2009
troll intheass wrote:
<quoted text>They can have sam and eggs in the morning and for lunch Beef a Ronnie.
CanniBALLism a great idea .
Barbie

AOL

#34 Oct 16, 2009
I got online today to get a story. My MIL called and said that my SIL who is in a georgia prison for robbing a 7-11, holding children hostage and stooting off a gun was upset because she only gets two meals a day and one roll of toilet paper. She wanted me to see if we could sign her up for Medicaid and food stamps. I am shocked. Like her daughter needs to be treated any better because she is in prison? The nerve. While my husband needs Medicaid and can't get it for colon cancer, she wants me to help her with my idiot SIL. WTF?
OFC J

Bronwood, GA

#36 Dec 11, 2010
they still grow and raise their own food it cost $1.17 -1.23 to feed an inmate for a day...
OFC J

Bronwood, GA

#37 Dec 11, 2010
Yolanda wrote:
<quoted text>2 my babys was icacerated for crims they dint comit. they was frame by the police like oj an michel vicks
Maybe they learned from you you know most of the prison population is illiterate...I get so sick of hearing oh my baby got beat and my baby this...your baby is a monster and a OFFICER not guard would not risk their career by using unnecessary force..and im sure you babies were important enough to frame b/c the police just want your kids in prison ..maybe if you had done your job your not 1 but 2 kids would have been successful in life instead of inmates..
bless

Kingston, Jamaica

#38 Oct 20, 2012
thery're living better in prison that they do outside.folishnish.

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

#39 Oct 20, 2012
Georgia Peach wrote:
You are absolutely correct, which is the same way he did with his own finances. Every one knew it and he was still voted in. I guess like Romney, he's all they got.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,109,355
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min truth-facts 46,595
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) 4 hr Teresa Setser 2,306
Isle of Wight schools to post 'In God We Trust'... Sun Idiots 6
Hampton looks for more math teachers Sat Thompson 6
james Arthur Segura Sat J Davis 49
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••