Whether or not you like her, raise a ...

Whether or not you like her, raise a glass of Chilean red wine ...

There are 3588 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 26, 2008, titled Whether or not you like her, raise a glass of Chilean red wine .... In it, Newsday reports that:

The organic red wine, pronounced "pay-LEEN sih-rah," comes from a small winery in northern Chile.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

DHM

“Gotta Love Dave....”

Since: Jan 08

Hampton

#3854 Oct 23, 2008
Gabba Gabba Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course all of us democrats are lazy, communist, welfare-collecting, tree hugging hippies. But - have ya watched any of the videos of the actual McCain rednecks at the rallies and such? They're a scary bunch!
No, I don't linger on youtube much. You should see us when we're camping!! Ha! You'd laugh your ass off!!! No, seriously, there are some on both sides that just don't know when to hold their tongues or their actions (I've been a witness to dems and repubs here in my own city acting like fools). Inlcuding my mother-in-law - now she'd off her rocker. Everyone needs to make a decision as it pertains to their own personal values. That's the bottom line. None of us are the same, if we were there would be 2 Obama's or 2 McCain's running for President, know what I mean?

DHM

“Gotta Love Dave....”

Hampton

#3855 Oct 23, 2008
The *** was "arse"...

DHM

“Gotta Love Dave....”

Hampton

#3856 Oct 23, 2008
Okay...it was "butt". My goodness...
Gabba Gabba Hey

Hampstead, MD

#3857 Oct 23, 2008
DHM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't linger on youtube much. You should see us when we're camping!! Ha! You'd laugh your **** off!!! No, seriously, there are some on both sides that just don't know when to hold their tongues or their actions (I've been a witness to dems and repubs here in my own city acting like fools). Inlcuding my mother-in-law - now she'd off her rocker.
I've honestly searched for vids of dems acting like like the ones I've seen of the repubs and can't find any...In all seriousness if anyone knows of any please post them - for my own amusement as well as to open my eyes to any such behavior because I'm honestly not aware of any.

I know what you mean about the locals acting up. Our local GOP leader threw out the Hussein at the local rally(and got his hand slapped for it!), plus there is video footage of people who are basically in my backyard acting like complete savages. In one point of the vid the Palin rape kit thing came up and the guy taping (obviously an Obama supporter) said "why should my friend have to pay for her own rape kit" and the response from the GOP supporters? "Kill her". Yeah. It was sickening. Sort of reminds me of Lord of the Flies.

and yeah - stay away from youtube. Once you're there it's like a trap - you get sucked into a vortex from one video to the next to the next to the next and you can't escape. Sort of like Topix LOL
DHM wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone needs to make a decision as it pertains to their own personal values. That's the bottom line. None of us are the same, if we were there would be 2 Obama's or 2 McCain's running for President, know what I mean?
Excellent statement.
Gabba Gabba Hey

Hampstead, MD

#3858 Oct 23, 2008
DHM wrote:
LOL - I figured.
For The Dogs

AOL

#3859 Oct 23, 2008
SueJean wrote:
It's really funny to read these posts and instead of talking about the election, the candidates or the issues, you are discussing me.
Thank you so much for finding me more important than any of the three topics I mentioned above.
I'm extremely flattered!!!!
Sue Jean, the reason people continue to "discuss" you is because you keep beating your fists and wailing about no one responding to your idiotic posts; you keep insulting posters who don't agree with you; and you keep harping ad nauseam about how oh, so "correct" you are.

Furthermore, don't even go there regarding "not talking about the election." If I recall, the reason you started spewing on me is because you wouldn't shut up about your daughter's name being posted on the Internet.....Lyric, wasn't it?

As I said before, you're scary...very scary.
Suze

Allentown, PA

#3860 Oct 23, 2008
DHM wrote:
lol gotta love censorship!

It's funny (probably not haha) that you have people on both sides who are so over-the-top stubborn that even having a simple opposing opinion throws them on a rant and raving spree about how they're right and all other opinions and beliefs are wrong.
Suze

Allentown, PA

#3861 Oct 23, 2008
Gabba Gabba Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I've honestly searched for vids of dems acting like like the ones I've seen of the repubs and can't find any...In all seriousness if anyone knows of any please post them - for my own amusement as well as to open my eyes to any such behavior because I'm honestly not aware of any.
I know what you mean about the locals acting up. Our local GOP leader threw out the Hussein at the local rally(and got his hand slapped for it!), plus there is video footage of people who are basically in my backyard acting like complete savages. In one point of the vid the Palin rape kit thing came up and the guy taping (obviously an Obama supporter) said "why should my friend have to pay for her own rape kit" and the response from the GOP supporters? "Kill her". Yeah. It was sickening. Sort of reminds me of Lord of the Flies.
and yeah - stay away from youtube. Once you're there it's like a trap - you get sucked into a vortex from one video to the next to the next to the next and you can't escape. Sort of like Topix LOL
<quoted text>
Excellent statement.
I'm going to utter a text phrase I never like to utter but, OMG are you serious?? Those are the kinds of statements that make my blood boil.
Thankfully, when typing I have a good enough sense to censor myself and calm myself down before replying, but in the real world I have a hard time holding my tongue or my fists, when such blatant disrespect for a human being is spat.
I was addicted to youtube for a while, however I was able to break that habit when my laptop broke down. I do find myself going on youtube to view specific things from time to time though.
Democrat gone republican

United States

#3862 Oct 23, 2008
THINKPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL...you're PARTIALLY correct..Palin looks good and she probably DIDN'T pay a dime for it ...THE REPUBLICANS did ! The REPUBLICAN campaign forked up $150,000 for her outfits (and her family's outfits, probably including Bristol's boyfriend's suit). I guess those 4 inch spike boots did a look for her "middle class" image. They also paid for Palin's cutsey family campaign trips ...where did Bristol's boyfriend sleep, in a seperate room ...just wondering about costs etc ?!! They also paid for Sarah's hairdo and beauty shop visits. How about her tanning booth ? When in Alaska she sucked the same out of the taxpayers up there...with her plane jaunts to see her husband's snowmobile races or whatever ! Oh yeah, this broad knows how to work the system without even paying a dime...you're right in that aspect !!!
lol and all clothes she bought will be given to charity just think at the money that will bring in ,when she is the first women Vice President of the USA!!
BROKEN NEWS

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3863 Oct 23, 2008
Since landing in the lower 48 states 8 weeks ago, Sarah Palin has done a superb job in making an a-ss of herself.
She will continue to do the same when she returns to Alaska on November 5th. The geographical cure didn't work.

“Jan. 20th, God help us all!!”

Since: Sep 08

Clearwater, FL

#3864 Oct 23, 2008
Fine...let's talk about what's going on in America....

Oct 23, 2008 2:35 pm US/Mountain
Pittsburgh Police: McCain Worker Robbed, Mutilated
PITTSBURGH, Pa.(CBS) &#8213; Police are investigating after a local woman working at a campaign call center says she was attacked by a suspect who became enraged after seeing a McCain bumper sticker on her car, reports CBS station KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh.

According to police, the 20-year-old woman said she was mugged at an ATM in the Bloomfield area around 9pm last night after leaving a Republican phone bank.

The woman told police that the suspect, described only as a dark-skinned African-American man about 6'4", stole $60 from her and became enraged after seeing a bumper sticker supporting Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain on her car.

According to a second local TV station, the woman also told police the assailant then punched and kicked her, before using a knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face.
http://cbs4denver.com/campaign08/mccain.volun...

This is pretty crappy treatment from an Obama supporter, but seeing the treatment that people get on here...for instance, the B.S. that Gabba and Suze has posted about me and many others, I'm not surprised. Gabba, Suze and this man are perfect examples of how low Obama supporters will stoop to "attack" whether verbally or physically those that don't agree with them.

Yes, Gabba, you have been guilty of the vicious attacks too and Gael, myself and others have called you out on it many times.
Suze

Allentown, PA

#3865 Oct 23, 2008
SueJean wrote:
PITTSBURGH, Pa.(CBS) &#8213; Police are investigating after a local woman working at a campaign call center says she was attacked by a suspect who became enraged after seeing a McCain bumper sticker on her car, reports CBS station KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh.
According to police, the 20-year-old woman said she was mugged at an ATM in the Bloomfield area around 9pm last night after leaving a Republican phone bank.
The woman told police that the suspect, described only as a dark-skinned African-American man about 6'4", stole $60 from her and became enraged after seeing a bumper sticker supporting Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain on her car.
According to a second local TV station, the woman also told police the assailant then punched and kicked her, before using a knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face.
This is pretty crappy treatment from an Obama supporter, but seeing the treatment that people get on here...for instance, the B.S. that Gabba and Suze has posted about me and many others, I'm not surprised. Gabba, Suze and this man are perfect examples of how low Obama supporters will stoop to "attack" whether verbally or physically those that don't agree with them.
Yes, Gabba, you have been guilty of the vicious attacks too and Gael, myself and others have called you out on it many times.
Whoa... what crap have I said about you other than you putting words in my mouth? I have not personally insulted you in anyway... and I won't start now...
Gabba Gabba Hey

Allentown, PA

#3866 Oct 23, 2008
SueJean wrote:
Ya know what? If this man did this - strictly out of what he'd like to call 'support' for Obama - I find it just as disgusting as the crap the McCain supporters have stooped to - including yourself. But ya know what? He was going to mug her anyway - whether she was a McCain supporter or not. He's a criminal, plain and simple. But there are criminals on both sides of the fence my dear.

Do you remember the bear? While not an illegal act it WAS inhumane but that's ok to you, after all it wasn't a person, in fact you made light of it and joked about it. I even stated that I would not have found it amusing if it were an Obama supporter either.

You never did answer my question about how you would feel if it were your pet that this was done to...did you deliberately ignore my post as you claimed I did to yours? Repeat after me SJ - Hyp-o-crite.

How dare you compare Suze and me to a criminal. Vicious attacks SJ? Where? Go find them and post them. I may have made fun of you here and there and on occasion I have indeed called you out on your ignorance, arrogance, nastiness, and your other wonderful qualities that make you such a sweet human being. And I did call Gaelic a nazi white supremacist, after she went on and on making racist remarks. The only ones who have taken issue with my comments are you, Gaelic and a handful of rightwing religious whackjobs who think jesus is going to point them in the direction of who to vote for. Other than that I've had perfectly civil conversations with every other poster on this forum. And your going to compare THAT to a mugging and physical assault? That is one twisted and warped mind ya have going on in that head of yours.

DHM

“Gotta Love Dave....”

Hampton

#3867 Oct 23, 2008
Suze wrote:
<quoted text>
lol gotta love censorship!
It's funny (probably not haha) that you have people on both sides who are so over-the-top stubborn that even having a simple opposing opinion throws them on a rant and raving spree about how they're right and all other opinions and beliefs are wrong.
True that. Example: there are some economic experts that say Obama's plan is best, and some that say McCain's plan is best, and some that say neither will work. That said, since I am no economist and only rely on deduction and reasoning, I have to go with my core values and unfortunately, my gut. Doesn't make me wrong, doesn't make any one else wrong. And my Dad's opinion because he roughed it through the really hard times, and has come out ahead of the game big time. We don't have to be nuts about this, but kind, fair, and understanding. I truly wish the best of luck to everyone on these forums, because some from both sides have become so "fanatic" about this (and I have my moments too), I don't think it's their true character. This whole election just has everyone wearing their nerves on the outside of their skin.

“Jan. 20th, God help us all!!”

Since: Sep 08

Clearwater, FL

#3868 Oct 23, 2008
Gabba Gabba Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know what? If this man did this - strictly out of what he'd like to call 'support' for Obama - I find it just as disgusting as the crap the McCain supporters have stooped to - including yourself. But ya know what? He was going to mug her anyway - whether she was a McCain supporter or not. He's a criminal, plain and simple. But there are criminals on both sides of the fence my dear.
Do you remember the bear? While not an illegal act it WAS inhumane but that's ok to you, after all it wasn't a person, in fact you made light of it and joked about it. I even stated that I would not have found it amusing if it were an Obama supporter either.
You never did answer my question about how you would feel if it were your pet that this was done to...did you deliberately ignore my post as you claimed I did to yours? Repeat after me SJ - Hyp-o-crite.
How dare you compare Suze and me to a criminal. Vicious attacks SJ? Where? Go find them and post them. I may have made fun of you here and there and on occasion I have indeed called you out on your ignorance, arrogance, nastiness, and your other wonderful qualities that make you such a sweet human being. And I did call Gaelic a nazi white supremacist, after she went on and on making racist remarks. The only ones who have taken issue with my comments are you, Gaelic and a handful of rightwing religious whackjobs who think jesus is going to point them in the direction of who to vote for. Other than that I've had perfectly civil conversations with every other poster on this forum. And your going to compare THAT to a mugging and physical assault? That is one twisted and warped mind ya have going on in that head of yours.
I will answer your question...

I think the cub thing was deplorable and extremely hateful, though to compare it to my pet is ridiculous. This was not someone's pet, but just the same, it's still a horrible stupid thing that someone did.

I have sat here and read your posts today about all the things that I have apparently done to you as if you were a victim and didn't do a thing. Unfortunately, it took me comparing you (and Suze, though she has actually been respectable to a degree so for that I apologize) to a horrible vicious criminal for you to finally post the things that you are guilty of too. To call someone a hypocrite, or an idiot, a moron, unintelligent, etc is one thing but calling Gael a racist and white supremacist was uncalled for. I think she would be the first one to tell you that is she is NOT a racist, as I'm sure she did in a number of posts.
Then you continue in this latest post of yours as you have others before names like "rightwing religious wackjobs". So, right there is proof that if we don't agree with you, then we are wackjobs...and you don't think that is attacking and insulting? You posted earlier pretty much saying that you don't mind when people disagree with you and how respectful them when they do...really? Then why do you call them names like right-wing religious wackjobs and other names?

You are NOT a victim in this, so quit playing to others as if you were.

I voted yesterday and I voted for McCain so you aren't going to change my mind and you sure can't change my vote now...so deal with it.

“Jacob's Sookie”

Since: Nov 07

Hamilton,Va SOBX

#3869 Oct 23, 2008
For The Dogs wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue Jean, the reason people continue to "discuss" you is because you keep beating your fists and wailing about no one responding to your idiotic posts; you keep insulting posters who don't agree with you; and you keep harping ad nauseam about how oh, so "correct" you are.
Furthermore, don't even go there regarding "not talking about the election." If I recall, the reason you started spewing on me is because you wouldn't shut up about your daughter's name being posted on the Internet.....Lyric, wasn't it?
As I said before, you're scary...very scary.
Let it go-you are doing the same thing.

Opinions are legal to post and IF one does NOT care for the post- remember it is Freedom of Speech. As you are exercising your given rights
to SCOLD-

Which is meaner? Opinions or scolding-

“Jacob's Sookie”

Since: Nov 07

Hamilton,Va SOBX

#3870 Oct 23, 2008
Gabba Gabba Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
You rang- Get over yourself- will you-
If you keep beating a dead horse- what action are you going to get? THIS-

Not everyone is going to AGREE with you or myself-
so stop whining and get with the program.

Opinions are legal here-
THINKPEACE

Bethlehem, PA

#3871 Oct 23, 2008
Democrat gone republican wrote:
<quoted text>lol and all clothes she bought will be given to charity just think at the money that will bring in ,when she is the first women Vice President of the USA!!
She'd be appropriately "in charge of VICE" after being pimped out to the public like John has her on exhibit. I betcha she has one of those pull strings comin' outta her back, I betcha !!!

“"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" ”

Since: Jul 07

MN -now- Hampton Roads

#3872 Oct 23, 2008
I wouldn't wish her to be VP...but got to hand it to anyone who is able to become mayor and then govenor of a state. Little bit much for her right now for VP, but I think she has done well getting to where she is now. Think they picked someone out a little too quick for a running mate for McCain. Hope it won't mess her up in running for govenor again.

Since: Oct 08

Santiago, Chile

#3873 Oct 23, 2008
If you´re ever in chile you should go on a wnie tour Casablanca and see Valparaiso of course.

But has Obama or Macian visited Chile and Valparaiso for a wine tour. I think not. Obama should get himself do to the Chilean wine country once he is president. Of course winetours and valparaiso are a great mix like Oboma and Biden.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,534,667
News Stolen computer e-mails picture to owner (Jan '11) 8 hr Martin garey 2
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) Sun Me-n-yo-mama 845
News Portsmouth police attempt to locate suspect in ... (Oct '10) May 18 Katrina 16
best places to live May 18 Todd 3
News Hurricane Irene: Outages, Destruction in Storm'... (Aug '11) May 16 martin garey 2
News 'Wife Swap' brings new reality to King George f... (Apr '09) May 15 Anonymous 157

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages