40 people walk out on Funny Bone comedian.

Posted in the Hampton Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
REALLY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

After several racial remarks by comedian Paul Mooney including (i'ld kill my mother if she were white)about 40 white costumers left the Funny Bone Comedy Club.As white man i believe white people should boycott the Funny Bone and FM 99 for promoting such a racsit act. Why is white america expected to except anti-white racial remarks from blacks and condemn the oppisite.I for one have removed FM 99 from my radio dail.I also believe legal action should be taken against the Funny Bone for emotional distress.
MOVING OUT

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Come on REALLY don't you know only "white pepole" are racist? Get back in you PC class. FOr the 40 that walked out it's about time they showed some back bone!
Index Animi Sermo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Judged:

It is refreshing to see that white americans have reached the limit of their tolerance for the one sided race debate.
Methos

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Where is HG....He should be here shortly saying how racist is was for the white customers to walk out and not support of the comedian's right to racist free speech. Reverse racism at it's finist. If a white comedian were to say something like that or heaven forbit use the "N" word....law suites would be filed this morning.

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

While I agree that you shouldn't have to listen to the hate the comedian was spewing, sueing for emotional distress is overboard. You paid for the tickets and you have legs and chose to walk out. The least the Funny Bone can do is refund your money. But anything extra, is not right. You walked out so you didn't have to listen to it. You should get your money back and that's it.

Racism is alive and well in America, unfortunately. If everyone sued because of "emotional distress" because of something they heard or didn't want to hear it would be absolutely ridiculous.
Index Animi Sermo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Walking out was a stand up thing to do .....no pun intended!
ABOUT TIME

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Judged:

It's about time for black people to hold their entertainers to the same POLITICAL CORRECTNESS they hold white entertainers to.If a white comic got on stage and used all kinds for racial slur and negative remarks about black there would be outrage by the black community.All of these black orginaztions fight for equality well saying it's ok for one race to use racial slurs and negative stereotyping but not ok for another isn't equality.It's a double standard
ABOUT TIME

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

NIKI in NN wrote:
While I agree that you shouldn't have to listen to the hate the comedian was spewing, sueing for emotional distress is overboard. You paid for the tickets and you have legs and chose to walk out. The least the Funny Bone can do is refund your money. But anything extra, is not right. You walked out so you didn't have to listen to it. You should get your money back and that's it.
Racism is alive and well in America, unfortunately. If everyone sued because of "emotional distress" because of something they heard or didn't want to hear it would be absolutely ridiculous.
They are suing a balck hampton city employee just received amost a million dollars from the city because of racist remarks being made .
Methos

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

NIKI in NN wrote:
Nicely said.....
ABOUT TIME

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

NIKI in NN wrote:
I guess the real question to me is WHY WOULD THE FUNNY BONE AND FM 99 PROMOTE AND GIVE THIS MAN A FORUM INWHICH TO VOICE ALL THIS RACISM! And as consumers should white people voice their oppinion by simple turning the radio dail and frequenting other establishment.As well letting the sponcers of FM 99 KNOW THAT THIS KIND OF SHAMELESS BUSSINESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY WHITE CONSUMERS.
Oh Well

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

ABOUT TIME wrote:
It's about time for black people to hold their entertainers to the same POLITICAL CORRECTNESS they hold white entertainers to.If a white comic got on stage and used all kinds for racial slur and negative remarks about black there would be outrage by the black community.All of these black orginaztions fight for equality well saying it's ok for one race to use racial slurs and negative stereotyping but not ok for another isn't equality.It's a double standard
That's already happened with Imus and that guy that played on Seinfield. Say anything remotely racist against blacks and are white...get ready for the firestorm. But then, what are you going to do about the jokes about Mexicans, Italians etc? Carlos Mencia is one of the funniest people I've ever heard. He bangs on all races. I say, if you don't like the show, leave....get your money back and know if he shows up again...you don't buy tickets. Suing for 'emotional distress' puts you in the same category of the hot coffee McDonalds lady...

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Oh Well wrote:
<quoted text>That's already happened with Imus and that guy that played on Seinfield. Say anything remotely racist against blacks and are white...get ready for the firestorm. But then, what are you going to do about the jokes about Mexicans, Italians etc? Carlos Mencia is one of the funniest people I've ever heard. He bangs on all races. I say, if you don't like the show, leave....get your money back and know if he shows up again...you don't buy tickets. Suing for 'emotional distress' puts you in the same category of the hot coffee McDonalds lady...
You are so right.

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

ABOUT TIME wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the real question to me is WHY WOULD THE FUNNY BONE AND FM 99 PROMOTE AND GIVE THIS MAN A FORUM INWHICH TO VOICE ALL THIS RACISM! And as consumers should white people voice their oppinion by simple turning the radio dail and frequenting other establishment.As well letting the sponcers of FM 99 KNOW THAT THIS KIND OF SHAMELESS BUSSINESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY WHITE CONSUMERS.
I agree, we should all just listen to 100.5 MAXX FM, lol.
here ya go

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

ABOUT TIME wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the real question to me is WHY WOULD THE FUNNY BONE AND FM 99 PROMOTE AND GIVE THIS MAN A FORUM INWHICH TO VOICE ALL THIS RACISM! And as consumers should white people voice their oppinion by simple turning the radio dail and frequenting other establishment.As well letting the sponcers of FM 99 KNOW THAT THIS KIND OF SHAMELESS BUSSINESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY WHITE CONSUMERS.
This racist comedian should not being given in venue inwhich to spread his so-call comedy.And those who enable these types of shows don't deserve business from anyone trying to stamp out and destroy racism.white or black
umw2010

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Judged:

I think that there are certain jokes that bag on races that are funny. It's a fine line to tread and a good comedian knows how to stay on the funny side of that line. It sounds like this comedian went WAY to the offensive side and that's not right. I'm so sick and tired of it being okay for blacks to make fun of whites but if the reverse happens, it's racism.

Suing for emotional distress is kinda crazy. I'm pretty sure a judge would throw out the suit.

Any thoughts, HG? Wanna defend the double standard and offensive behavior of this comedian? Wanna say that he was just expressing the pain he feels from the slavery that he NEVER endured? Go ahead. You know you want to.

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

umw2010 wrote:
I think that there are certain jokes that bag on races that are funny. It's a fine line to tread and a good comedian knows how to stay on the funny side of that line. It sounds like this comedian went WAY to the offensive side and that's not right. I'm so sick and tired of it being okay for blacks to make fun of whites but if the reverse happens, it's racism.
Suing for emotional distress is kinda crazy. I'm pretty sure a judge would throw out the suit.
Any thoughts, HG? Wanna defend the double standard and offensive behavior of this comedian? Wanna say that he was just expressing the pain he feels from the slavery that he NEVER endured? Go ahead. You know you want to.
LOL, I am sure he'll be on this thread as soon as he can.
But you are very right about the thin line. For instance, Katt Williams. I love him. He bags on all races but knows where to draw the line. He is hilarious.

“Stop the Violence! End Racism!”

Since: Apr 08

Close the Loopholes!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Judged:

umw2010 wrote:
Hey college girl - you out on summer break already? I bet you sitting up and relaxing out by the pool at Kingsmill? You keeping my people employeed by bringing you towels and sweet tea?

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Judged:

HG Robinson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey college girl - you out on summer break already? I bet you sitting up and relaxing out by the pool at Kingsmill? You keeping my people employeed by bringing you towels and sweet tea?
You are downright nasty today...Did you not have a good weekend?

“Stop the Violence! End Racism!”

Since: Apr 08

Close the Loopholes!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Judged:

NIKI in NN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are downright nasty today...Did you not have a good weekend?
Now don't go trying to make me feel bad NIKI. There is a lot of racists on-line to today. I am in my "Ali" fighting mode - HG is floating like a butterfly, and stinging like a bee!
Vince

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Judged:

It all went to hell after 1865

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance