Thomas Jefferson's Quotes or Predictions?
Posted in the Hampton Forum
Since: Sep 08
#1 Jan 17, 2009
When President Kennedy was entertaining a collection of Nobel Prize winning
scientists at a White House dinner, his opening remarks were.. " The White
House has never witnessed such a collection of brainpower in one place,
except perhaps, when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
Thomas Jefferson - Words of Wisdom
1. When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we
shall become as corrupt as Europe. Thomas Jefferson
2. The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
3. It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A
principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
4. I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of t
aking care of them. Thomas Jefferson
5. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
too much government. Thomas Jefferson
6. No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson
7. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear
arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in
government. Thomas Jefferson
8. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
patriots and tyrants.
9. To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas
which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
And One Very Interesting Quote
In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what
Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to
control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation,
the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive
the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the
continent their fathers conquered.
Since: Jun 08
#3 Jan 17, 2009
This says a lot. thanks
#4 Sep 20, 2012
Who plagiarized who? This is also found at http://conservative-sugar.tressugar.com/Thoma... Given, they're quotes, they should be the same. However, they shouldn't be in the same order and the same transition phrase "In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:" Somebody Copied and pasted. Just saying...
Add your comments below
|Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08)||57 min||UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR...||1,457,903|
|Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08)||6 hr||Moans6157||62,300|
|If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08)||17 hr||Squach||1,168|
|Review: iLoveKickboxing- Newport News||Nov 30||Robyn||21|
|Josie Lena Fitzgerald Atkins||Nov 29||virginfos||1|
|Police: Alligator bites off 11-year-old boy's arm (Jul '08)||Nov 27||LOST IN MISSISSIPPI||344|
|Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12)||Nov 27||Garrote||116|
Find what you want!
Search Hampton Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC