Newport News Police Officer Arrested

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

A Newport News police detective was arrested Wednesday afternoon and charged with embezzlement in Norfolk.
Comments
21 - 40 of 185 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2011
check id

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Second wrote:
It would have been the second NNPD officer arrested in 5 days if they didnt cover up the DUID on Saturday night where the off duty Sgt crashed her marked take home.
this story is more interesting than the fat dude. any names to tell??????
Jonesy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

I'm emberassed to be in the NNPD.
And please get rid of bernadett
shebealoser

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

don't forget dawn barber wasn't she also arrested...
DeputyChief

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

burnning issues wrote:
this is crazy - so many people who are sworn to up hold the law and instead they are breaking the law. Just last week a NNPD officer arrested for abuse and numerous others within the last couple months. Me thinks there needs to be a big, huge internal shakeup of the NNPD. Each and everyone of them should have their files pulled and gone over with a fine toothed comb by an outside authority.
The one arrested last week was a sheriff's deputy. Not the same as police officer.
DeputyChief

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

RUsure wrote:
<quoted text>The way I heard it, she wrecked her husbands unmarked car.
No, she did not wreck her husband's unmarked car. That part is not true.
Blogger

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Does her last name start with a letter near the end of the alphabet?
Harry Morant

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Are we beginning to see a pattern here? And we are supposed to trust these guys to carry guns and order people around?

Officer Thomas Crouch arrested for embezzlement.

Officer Christopher Miner arrested TWICE for rape, forcible sodomy, and abduction.

Lieutenant Ronald Hendrickson arrested for animate object penetration, abduction, and abduction with intent to defile.

Sergeant Randolph Smith was arrested for five counts of indecent liberties and five counts of aggravated sexual battery.

Sheriff Gary Waters was convicted TWICE for driving under the influence.

Sheriff Gary Waters still has three pending misdemeanor offenses and a civil suit related to his sexual advances on a Deputy.

Officer Kevin Chapman was arrested for trying to solicit sex with a 13-year- old girl.

Sheriffs Deputy Wayne Smith was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute and obstruction of justice.

Detective Thomas Downing was arrested for driving under the influence.

Officer Joshua Swindells was arrested for driving under the influence.

Sergeant Bruce Trader was arrested for carnal knowledge of an inmate.

Officer Jason Armentrout was arrested for attempting to purchase illegal drugs.

Officer Jae Whidbee was arrested for distributing and possessing cocaine and Ecstasy.

Officer Daniel Wrede was arrested for rape, sodomy, abduction, and inanimate object penetration.

Officer Daniel Wrede was arrested for assaulting a 15-year-old boy.

Detective Clyde Robinson was arrested for FIVE counts of embezzlement of public funds.

Lieutenant Matthew Williams was arrested for committing an obscene act with a teenage girl.

Sergeant Barry Wilson was arrested for taking indecent liberties with a juvenile, sodomy and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Officers John Walker and Ronald Ehlers were charged with false imprisonment, false arrest, malicious prosecution, defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, gross negligence, assault and battery, and religious harassment.

Officer Kevin VanVleet was arrested for forcible sodomy, aggravated sexual battery and taking indecent liberties with a child.

BTW - these are all local and took place recently. I am sure I missed twice as many as reported above.
Blogger

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Sorry wrong thread -- this question is about the wrecked car over the weekend.
because

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Harry Morant wrote:
Are we beginning to see a pattern here? And we are supposed to trust these guys to carry guns and order people around?
Officer Christopher Miner arrested TWICE for rape, forcible sodomy, and abduction.
Lieutenant Ronald Hendrickson arrested for animate object penetration, abduction, and abduction with intent to defile.
Sergeant Randolph Smith was arrested for five counts of indecent liberties and five counts of aggravated sexual battery.
Sheriff Gary Waters still has three pending misdemeanor offenses and a civil suit related to his sexual advances on a Deputy.
Officer Kevin Chapman was arrested for trying to solicit sex with a 13-year- old girl.
Sheriffs Deputy Wayne Smith was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute and obstruction of justice.
Officer Jae Whidbee was arrested for distributing and possessing cocaine and Ecstasy.
Officer Daniel Wrede was arrested for rape, sodomy, abduction, and inanimate object penetration.
Detective Clyde Robinson was arrested for FIVE counts of embezzlement of public funds.
Lieutenant Matthew Williams was arrested for committing an obscene act with a teenage girl.
Sergeant Barry Wilson was arrested for taking indecent liberties with a juvenile, sodomy and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Officers John Walker and Ronald Ehlers were charged with false imprisonment, false arrest, malicious prosecution, defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, gross negligence, assault and battery, and religious harassment.
Officer Kevin VanVleet was arrested for forcible sodomy, aggravated sexual battery and taking indecent liberties with a child.
BTW - these are all local and took place recently. I am sure I missed twice as many as reported above.
All it takes is for somebody to go to the police station and tell the police that an officer did something wrong and they quickly get arrested. Officers do not get the same investigation as Joe, the gas station clerk. If Joe, the gas station clerk, is not arrested after somebody clams he did something, nobody gives a f***. But if an officer is not arrested qiuckly after somebody says he or she did something, people flip out and want answers. They scream that its a cover up.
Cheers to you

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Blogger wrote:
Sorry wrong thread -- this question is about the wrecked car over the weekend.
Perhaps the Daily Press can request a F.O.I.,(that's FREEDOM OF INFORMATION request for those of you that might think it means "Fraternal Order of Incidents") specifically regarding city employee involved public property damage over the weekend. I'm sure that there will be no information given about the alleged incident regarding the alleged city employee, citing that it is a "Personnel Issue"; but it should provide enlightenment as to the dollar amount of damage to public property even if it might be as little as a fire hydrant and vehicle damage, ascertain whether a police report was filed, who was on duty and off duty at the time of the incident and if the tapes from emergency communications can be released. Also the City Manager needs to INSIST that Chief Fox order a department wide stand down and right this drifting ship and it's crew before it gets any worse. Not only do the many good and dedicated officer's and staff on the department deserve better, but the taxpayer's do as well!
Cheers to you

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Harry Morant wrote:
This post is so unfair to the good and dedicated officer's that put their life on the line every day not only just in Newport News, but in surrounding jurisdictions. A mere list of alleged crimes from numerous cities and counties is grossly unfair. Yes, you lumped a few of those in there that have plead guilty or were found guilty, but you have at the same time smeared, tarred and feathered alot of people that wear uniform and are dedicated to serve and protect.
ReportWriter

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

I did not see an IBR on the accident.
Concerned Citizen

Williamsburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

New Assistant Chief Trent Sturgis is going to straignten out all theses integrity issues of the N.N.P.D.
Harry Morant

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Cheers to you wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is so unfair to the good and dedicated officer's that put their life on the line every day...people that wear uniform and are dedicated to serve and protect.
Stop with the lies already!

Officers DO NOT put their lives on the line every day. The local clerk at the 7/11 of the taxi driver face far a far higher rate of homicide compared to officers - and officers get to carry a gun to boot!

Let's set the record straight about the often misused "protect and serve" garbage. The only thing the officers protect are the other "boys in blue." They do this while "serving" their own greedy self-interests.

You are living in the past if you think most officers are there for you. In their eyes there are three types of people in the world: officers, criminals, and potential criminals.

In most officers eyes YOU are either a criminal or potential criminal.
hey newbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

ReportWriter wrote:
I did not see an IBR on the accident.
She was not charged with leaving the scene of an accident so why would there be an IBR.
Concerned Citizen

Williamsburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

I thought MPD Crouch was the President of the Newport News Police Pipes and Drums which is suppose to be a not for profit organization. I hope he is not using money from this organization. I hope someone has checked. I also thought he was the past President of the N.N. FOP Lodge. Were than any problem with the monet there?
Cop gossip

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Too bad Crouch didn't learn his lesson after he got away with playing grab-ass at the FOP!
hey newbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Cheers to you wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the Daily Press can request a F.O.I.,(that's FREEDOM OF INFORMATION request for those of you that might think it means "Fraternal Order of Incidents") specifically regarding city employee involved public property damage over the weekend. I'm sure that there will be no information given about the alleged incident regarding the alleged city employee, citing that it is a "Personnel Issue"; but it should provide enlightenment as to the dollar amount of damage to public property even if it might be as little as a fire hydrant and vehicle damage, ascertain whether a police report was filed, who was on duty and off duty at the time of the incident and if the tapes from emergency communications can be released. Also the City Manager needs to INSIST that Chief Fox order a department wide stand down and right this drifting ship and it's crew before it gets any worse. Not only do the many good and dedicated officer's and staff on the department deserve better, but the taxpayer's do as well!
Just trying to help out the DP- It took place on Saturday Feb 28th between 9pm-9:45pm on the North side of the city.
Duncan

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Bad cop! No donut!

But in your case, no more donuts is a good thing!
Lard Heinnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Maybe he embezzled a Dunkin Donuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hampton Forum right now

Search the Hampton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,085,008
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 7 hr Time Flys 2,549
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,913
Review: Two Girls & A Mop 12 hr In Shock 3
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) Thu Childress 250
Obama care wont cover eye exam, colonoscopies, ... Thu Gardner 11
Man facing Hampton murder charge was charged in... Wed Justme 1
•••
•••
•••
Hampton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hampton Jobs