'Pillar of community' suspect in kill...

'Pillar of community' suspect in killing plot

There are 39 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Aug 4, 2008, titled 'Pillar of community' suspect in killing plot. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Until a few years ago, Caren Taylor Pressley Brown was a pillar of the community in Warrenton, a town an hour's drive from Washington, D.C. She owned a successful insurance agency, served on the Fauquier County ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mother of Brigitte

Annapolis, MD

#21 Aug 7, 2008
VA Conservative wrote:
I'd say in most cases the courts generally give custody to the mother. So to break from that practice, I believe the court recognized a serious flaw in her character....and it would appear she just demonstrated how flawed her character really is. She is obviously *not* emotionally stable!
Dear "Clueless" ~ Some reading for you highly recommended by Brigitte's mother: the MOMMY GO BYE-BYE blog. Address is http://mommygobyebye-virginia.blogspot.com .
Full Story

Marietta, GA

#22 Aug 10, 2008
I think a lot of people knew this lady. No one is that surprised by her actions. Anyone claiming they know all the facts likely does not. Sad all the way around especially when children are involved.

But custody changes usually come with very good reasons and do not happen overnight. The courts likely made the very best decision they could given a difficult situation.

Pray for the children.
Yea right

Marietta, GA

#23 Aug 10, 2008
Mommy go bye bye is a well known joke. JUst read the web page. Any reasonable person can read through it.
In the Know

Mason, OH

#25 Aug 11, 2008
Full Story wrote:
I think a lot of people knew this lady. No one is that surprised by her actions. Anyone claiming they know all the facts likely does not. Sad all the way around especially when children are involved.
But custody changes usually come with very good reasons and do not happen overnight. The courts likely made the very best decision they could given a difficult situation.
Pray for the children.
You're dead wrong. Her "actions" shocked the heck out of some of us -- those who have known Caren for many years. And there are some of us who DO know the full story, and there is a lot more to it. More to it than the town gossip or what the newspapers report. A LOT more to it.

A lot of people knew her, because Warrenton is a blip of a town, and she was very involved in it. She was a pillar of the community -- just like the news has said. And very few people know what truly happened to get her to this point. What has REALLY happened over the years.

Custody does not always come with good reasons. My husband and I fight our own battle -- and I see how unfair the system can be. I see how unfair lawyers and judges and everyone else can be. It happens every day, all the time, all over. It has happened to friends, to family members and to me, so don't tell me that custody changes "usually" come with very good reasons, because often, they don't.

Unless you've been there, then you have no clue what you are even talking about -- and hopefully, you never find out, because it isn't fun, and it's sometimes hard to be sane and rational through all of it. Because it sometimes feels like war, and somebody is always trying to make you out to be the enemy.
Full Story

Hoffman Forest, NC

#26 Aug 12, 2008
In the Know wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dead wrong. Her "actions" shocked the heck out of some of us -- those who have known Caren for many years. And there are some of us who DO know the full story, and there is a lot more to it. More to it than the town gossip or what the newspapers report. A LOT more to it.
A lot of people knew her, because Warrenton is a blip of a town, and she was very involved in it. She was a pillar of the community -- just like the news has said. And very few people know what truly happened to get her to this point. What has REALLY happened over the years.
Custody does not always come with good reasons. My husband and I fight our own battle -- and I see how unfair the system can be. I see how unfair lawyers and judges and everyone else can be. It happens every day, all the time, all over. It has happened to friends, to family members and to me, so don't tell me that custody changes "usually" come with very good reasons, because often, they don't.
Unless you've been there, then you have no clue what you are even talking about -- and hopefully, you never find out, because it isn't fun, and it's sometimes hard to be sane and rational through all of it. Because it sometimes feels like war, and somebody is always trying to make you out to be the enemy.
You are correct. I typed "No one was that surprised" but that's just way too broad. Certainly there are some people that were completely not informed and were deceive by this lady, those far away from her may have seen her as a Pillar. But the Town of Warrenton's own paper where she was a "pillar" buried this story on page 7 with no picture. The Richmond News Paper gave the story complete enlarged front page coverage with picture and so did the T.V. news from Richmond upto Washington D.C. I do not think Warrenton wanted ownership of this lady as one of their Town's pillar.

To try to buy your angle that there is this great conspiracy involving judges, clinicians, social worksers, evaluators,police, social workers, etc. all working hard to perpetrated your proposed conspiracy onto healthy loving parents nationwide is ridiculous. And if you fail to see how ridiculous your own angle is then it is very likely that you are the problem and not the solution to the best interest of your children. Reflect inward and try to find peace within yourself. Work towards the best interest of your children, if you do not know what that is then hire a very neutral child therapist to help you better understand. God Bless!
omh

AOL

#27 Aug 20, 2008
put her in jail you psycho
omh

AOL

#28 Aug 20, 2008
I know the full story

That is her sister
In the Know

Mason, OH

#29 Aug 27, 2008
Sorry, Full Story, but you have obviously not fought a custody battle, and in my opinion, have no clue. ZERO CLUE. Your words are actually laughable. I've seen way too much with family and friends (and my own situation) to give your words any value whatsoever. Lucky you to live in such a perfect world.

To say I am the problem is pathetic. Go take your "find peace within yourself" and "reflect inward" advice (aka crap) and shove it, because it doesn't go very far in the real world.

It doesn't go far when you are talking to a hysterical 11-year-old stepdaughter who has called you and your husband at 10:00 p.m. on a Sunday night after her mother tried to drive her home while intoxicated and almost hit another car...it doesn't mean much when you find out your former sister-in-law hit your nephew hard enough to bruise the bone in his arm. It's worthless when you hear of how another sister-in-law's ex is trying to think of ways to reduce his $250 a month child support payment -- which is already pathetically low!

Hello, THAT is the real world.

There are two sides to every story. I'm not sure which side you think you know, but keep your dime store advice to yourself (especially when it comes to me and my life), b/c it's really ridiculous. I frankly don't think which page the Warrenton po-dunk press printed a story on means much. And work on your grammar, because it sucks. I'm not going to end my negative words with "God Bless!" either. To me, that's like saying "no offense" and then saying whatever you want.

Bottom line -- I don't know everything, YOU certainly don't know everything (or much, from what I can tell), but there's always more than meets the eye. Neither one of us is going to decide this case with our comments here. Guess we'll just have to see what happens with this one -- for anyone who is following it. I certainly will....

As for omh...they already put her in jail, you moron.
watching

Washington, DC

#30 Aug 28, 2008
Dear In the Know,
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I can only tell you what I know about this one. I am happy to report the the son in this case is with loving, caring, resonsible parents and is flourishing among them and his siblings. Those who know him thank God every day that he is in a safe and happy home and has a chance for a normal life, away from his tragically unstable mother. The only blessing in this case is that her tragedy has not become her son's or his family's.
Todays comment

Hoffman Forest, NC

#31 Aug 29, 2008
Dear "In the know",
You really sound like you have many personal issues. I hope you are in counseling or some sort of aggressive therapy to prevent from damaging your kids. I can only guess that you are well on your way to losing any children that are in your custody or care.

“Bring It”

Since: Aug 08

Hampton Roads

#32 Aug 29, 2008
"In the know" You should go ahead and get ready for your straight-jacket. Hope you look good in white.
richmond 223

Richmond, VA

#33 Oct 6, 2008
The one I really feel sorry for is Caren's husband. It is obvious she married him to show stability to the judge and court system. I do not think he had any idea what he was getting into and is now stuck with all her legal bills. At least Caren's son is in a happy home and is safe.
Patsy

Virginia Beach, VA

#34 Dec 13, 2008
me_not_u wrote:
Crazy wimmin!
You don't know anything about the whole story.
The courts... what do you know about the courts.
Patsy

Virginia Beach, VA

#35 Dec 13, 2008
the courts.... judgment, you don't know the story.
months have past..... read the rest of the story, remove the speck from your eye.
Full Story

Charlottesville, VA

#36 Jun 24, 2009
Mother was a very frightening individual. Sociopath.(a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.) Very frightful.

Though she was active in Warrenton and knew lots of folks, behind the big false role of "Pillar", were drugs, alcohol, and other perverse behaviors.

The Judge did what judges hate to do, they changed custody. And now this child is in a safe and happy home. The child is growing and is loved, safe from the abuses of his mother.
The facts

Jonesborough, TN

#37 Feb 15, 2012
Mother of Brigitte wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "Clueless" ~ Some reading for you highly recommended by Brigitte's mother: the MOMMY GO BYE-BYE blog. Address is http://mommygobyebye-virginia.blogspot.com .
The Courts favor the mothers consistently. If a mother loses custody 99/100 it is for legitimate reason to protect the child. What many parents fail to understand is that its all about the child's best interest. Too many parents are unable to separate their needs from their children needs.
Karen Stickney

United States

#38 Apr 29, 2013
Why didn't the credits of Snapped say how old Caren is going to be when she's released from prison like they do when the criminals get parole after they serve their prison sentences? Why didn't they also say that she is also going to be on probation for 32 years like was mentioned on Snapped?
Mickey D

Fort Worth, TX

#39 Jun 29, 2014
VA Conservative wrote:
I'd say in most cases the courts generally give custody to the mother. So to break from that practice, I believe the court recognized a serious flaw in her character....and it would appear she just demonstrated how flawed her character really is. She is obviously *not* emotionally stable!
Actually, statistics show that when it goes to court, men are more likely to receive custody.
Mickey D

Fort Worth, TX

#40 Jun 29, 2014
The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The Courts favor the mothers consistently. If a mother loses custody 99/100 it is for legitimate reason to protect the child. What many parents fail to understand is that its all about the child's best interest. Too many parents are unable to separate their needs from their children needs.
I'm sorry but that's not based on fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,658,848
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) 22 hr tordon 2,397
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) Dec 12 Jaja 27
Review: DRS Fantom Works (Jul '13) Dec 11 TooMuchLube 126
News Facebook Feedback for Saturday, Oct. 22 from Da... (Oct '11) Dec 10 martin garey 28
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) Dec 9 BPT 59

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages