Obama Best President EVER
Anti Koolaid

Glen Allen, VA

#408 Jul 26, 2011
Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of the charge cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans. Blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want Steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test Recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and Piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get Tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your
"home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your
Own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of Trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
And speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before
You say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," Consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for
doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system
rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

“Click - Click - BOOM!!!”

Since: Jun 08

SmithVegas

#409 Jul 26, 2011
Happy Camper wrote:
Mr Obama wants to take politics out of this debate. That's why he asked the debt limit be raised til 2013 he want's a clean debt limit bill say 2.4 trillion and he will sign it would pass the Senate by a wide margin. Once you take the politics out of the debate we can get back to the business of creating jobs.
The GOP should be glad Mr Obama wants to more the debate till after the election because they are losing and it gives them cover from this debate. Republicans have the worst record on spending and they think the American people forget how they ran up the bill when they have control of congress. Well Mr Obama says the buck and crazy spending stops with him.
Mr Obama will stop the spending with a balanced approach. The Republicans really don't want to cut spending every time they are close to a deal they back out saying they need more cuts than propose less cuts than Mr Obama asked for. Mr Obama wants the games to stop he wants 4 trillion in cuts bottom line he wants this done in a fair and balanced way the American way.
The Republicans want to try everything they can to make Mr Obama fail but it wont work Mr Obama has the American people and right on his side. He will win this you could see the fear in the Speakers eyes as he had to follow Mr Obama's great speech with the weak words he had. He knows he is losing this debate and Mr Obama is winning big.
OK, NOW I'm seeing things more clearly. I just started picking up on your sarcasm. Nice job of getting us all gandered up. I could help but LMFAO at this post. You're a pretty good comedian. You have a sick sense of humor but I get it now.

SmithVegas

#410 Jul 26, 2011
that should read * I couldn't help but LMFAO *
Happy Camper

Houma, LA

#411 Jul 26, 2011
Ok SmithVegas you got me. I was trying to make a point about just how bad Obama is as President by acting as a supporter. I agree Obama is all wrong for America.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

San Diego, CA

#412 Jul 26, 2011
Happy Camper wrote:
If Mr Obama's cuts are followed we will have the smallest government since Eisenhower the first Republican big spender. Mr Obama knows that we must stop the big spending plans the Republicans set in motion during the Bush years.
The American people have seen much progress under Mr Obama they don't want to turn back now. If you take out the Bush spending from the Obama years the Obama deficit is 1.4 trillion while Bush has close to 8 trillion in debt and that's with a 5 trillion surplus he got from Clinton.
You Luuccy want to go back to that wow are are lost.
Son, put the crack pipe down and seek help immediatly.
What progress?? Hahahahahahahahaha. Change we can believe in. Oh yeah! Ask yourself, are you better now than four years ago? I think not.

SmithVegas

#413 Jul 26, 2011
Happy Camper wrote:
Ok SmithVegas you got me. I was trying to make a point about just how bad Obama is as President by acting as a supporter. I agree Obama is all wrong for America.
OK H.C., now you have confused me, I was expecting "some" resistance, you gave in too easily. What are your real motives? LOL!

Bottom line, whatever side of the fence you pee on, I think we agree that some things are broken and that something has to be fixed. It's just a damn shame that both sides are so steadfast in their beliefs that they were willing to take to the airways to point fingers at each other like some elementary school yard kids. They all need to STFU and get it done. The special interest groups are killing America and there are NUMEROUS Special Interest Groups...if you are a constant welfare recipient - you're in a Special Interest Group, if you run GE, yep - you too. GREED - that's the problem and NOT just Corporate Greed, it runs through our society, from top to bottom. Utopia DOES NOT exist, it never will and Robin Hood was a fictional character. My MONEY and SWEAT are REAL and TANGIBLE and I take great pride in both, it'd my "Special Interest". There has to be a middle ground SOMEWHERE!

14 Trillion and counting, I've already ordered me a fancy set of chopsticks...check Amazon.com , they have a good deal right now. FREE SHIPPING!

SmithVegas

#414 Jul 26, 2011
Anti Koolaid wrote:
Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of the charge cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans. Blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want Steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.
Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test Recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and Piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get Tats and piercings, then get a job.
Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your
"home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your
Own place.
In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of Trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
And speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”
Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before
You say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," Consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for
doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.
If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system
rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.
That's pretty radical, are you Chinese?

“I HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News VA

#416 Jul 26, 2011
The house and senate were held by the libs, during the vast majority of the Bush years.

Yea, Obama will cut spending in places it least needs to be cut. At the risk to our security he is more than willing to cut defense budget. How many jobs will be lost over that cut? How many of our troops will lose their lives, because of sub-standard equipment? How about the moral of our men and women serving in the military, near and far? Yes, that will be cut as well. How about our seniors, that have worked hard all their lives, and he cuts medicare, which will create a larger 'doughnut' hole, for them to have to pay out of pocket for medical care, and prescription drugs, when they are living on fixed incomes? What's going ot happen to them. He cuts spending BUT, wait for it, BUT he with the help of Pelosi, and that bone head Reid have spent more money in 2.5 years than ANY, I mean ANY other United States President in history.
I have a plan, cut Michele's staff. What does she do that she needs 22 people at her beck and call with a cost of almost 2 MILLION dollars a year! WHY does she get to take Air Force One, she just aint that damn inportant. With security at the airports like it is, that chimp and her off spring needs to spend $500 and fly like everyone else, ok, I'll even let her upgrade to first class, for a mere $500.00. That would save a TON of money. THEN, I completly understand she needs to look good for public appearences, but does she need $300.00 sneakers to do that? Does she need to buy designer clothers, what's wrong with Macy's, Nordstroms,Saks, or Talbots. UM.... NOTHING. Another huge chunk of money saved. How about, Obama says,'Oh never mind, I don't want my entire salary, after I leave office. As a matter of fact, I'm willing NOT to take my salary the rest of my term.' OR the memebers of the house and senate, they receive NO pay raises for the next 5 years, and when they leave they don't continue to draw their ENTIRE salary. Yep another huge chunk saved.
You want me to continue? I have another boat load of cuts that would help balance the budget.

Newport News VA

#417 Jul 26, 2011
Happy Camper wrote:
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

Newport News VA

#418 Jul 26, 2011
SmithVegas wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty radical, are you Chinese?
Come on, it sounds like a pretty good plan to me. Nothing worth having is ever free. ;-)

Newport News VA

#419 Jul 26, 2011
H.C. WOW, you got me all fired up a time or two. Your good. ROFLMBO!

NOW if you 'waffle' on us........ you may well be in stew with all of us 'Right Wing Nut Jobs'
Professor

Phoenix, AZ

#420 Jul 26, 2011
How things will settle out:

1. The new US president will expose the connection between the thieves at goldman sachs and the federal reserve system that they run with their own employees. Since all federal reserve notes were printed by goldman sachs, then they are responsble for paying off our national debt by forfeiture of all their businesses and properties.

2. The new US president will cite Article 1, section 8 of the US Constitution, which requires the government to print and issue currency. These new dollars will be backed by all assets in the USA, from lands and cities to patents and technologies to gold mines and oil wells and all other properties owned or controlled by US citizens.

3. With the national debt erased, the new US president will sign into law a new amendment requiring a budget SURPLUS every year, just as the nation of Chile wrote into their constitution 30 years ago.

4. Manufacturing firms with millions of jobs will return to America as a result of these new actions by the new president and there will be a new prosperity. Employment will reach 98 percent or better.

It's all coming in the future, sooner or later.
common sense

Houston, TX

#421 Jul 26, 2011
I've been looking over the conversations between Happy Camper and the folks that has that rare thing called common sense... and there's something you have to know.

Happy Camper's a dumb country backwoods hick and no matter WHAT you say, or HOW MUCH sense you make, no matter WHAT THE FACTS ARE, you will NEVER....GET....THROUGH to that thick skull pea brain!

There is no use. People that think like this do not have the ability to change their thought process, no matter how much reality may contradict it.

They will never ponder the point of view of the other side's argument. They will NEVER reach a compromise of understanding, because they lack the intelligence to do so.

THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE.

The only thing we can do folks....now look and listen carefully...is to seek out the people that have enough sense in their head to be able figure out just simply what works....AND WHAT DOESN'T. And spend our energy with them.

The ones that LISTEN and have the ability to think for THEMSELVES. These are the people that can and WILL help us change the course of this country come 2012. Those are the people that will help us come together and bring this country back to what it once was.

A free and prosperous nation. The fight is not over yet. So leave the hicks and the commies in their clouds, and focus on the ones you sense may, indeed, have a little common sense.

And if you're curious, I'm a 29 year old black chick, without a dime to her name, who had a liberal mind set but woke the heck up when freakn Obama came into office, who I happened to support at first.

Ok I spent
common sense

Houston, TX

#422 Jul 26, 2011
Ok if happy camper was just posing as a supporter (cuz I didn't read all the comments, plus I've got a couple glasses of wine in my system) then hats off to happy camper because he (she?) brought out the flaming conservative in me.

And yes I should have read all before shooting off but I don't care it still felt good.

I know there are folks that think like the character 'happy camper' because I've seen them and heard them and it drives me CRAZY.

Some people get it and some people don't and I thank God for the ones that do.

Sorry Happy Camper (if you're in fact posing, I'll read on to find out)

Going to have another glass =)
Happy Camper

Morgan City, LA

#423 Jul 27, 2011
Ok now for truth Obama says the Bush tax cuts are the reason the deficit is so high. The truth is Bush could have cut taxes to zero and Obama would run a larger deficit than Bush.
The truth Obama has spent more than double what Bush would spend in a year. Where is all this spending gone. Do any of you feel like you are getting more now then two years ago. Where's the benefit of all this spending.
The cost of the wars hasn't increased. Social Security hasn't double in cost. Medicare hasn't doubled in cost. Where's all the roads and bridges we should see under construction. When FDR was president we were in a depression and he didn't double the size of government. But people could look down the road and see things were getting done. It give them hope that the government was doing something.
Where's the benefit now I don't see anything getting done where's all this spending going. Do we really need it we didn't have two and a half years ago but everyone said we spent too much. In two years Obama has doubled government spending.
Now to top it off he wants to raise the debt limit by 2.4 trillion which means by election time the the debt will be 17 trillion and he will say its Bush's fault its congresses fault it america's fault because we don't pay our fair share.
We can no longer enable this president If congress wants to do what's right by the American people we should go back to the 2008 base with adjustments for cost of living.
We can no longer afford Obama if he vetos this they all need to put party aside and over ride veto this is bigger than party this bigger than an election
they should do for America the greatest country in the world and we are all blessed because this is our country.
Lincoln was and will always be our greatest president because of him we are all americans.
Happy Camper

Houma, LA

#424 Jul 31, 2011
The Obama Plan vs the Reagan Plan
Taxes were a big part of the Reagan plan for recovery He lowered tax rates time after time. Obama has not raise taxes but he wants to. Cutting taxes helped the Reagan economic plan. Obama didn't benefit from lowering taxes but he didn't get hurt by them. Obama missed an opportune time to reform taxes when the Bush tax cuts were expiring when he failed to show leadership keep the parts of the Bush tax cut but get rid of the bad parts. This would have added more tax payers to the rolls without increasing rates.
When Reagan became president he tighten the money supply and the value of the dollar went up. Obama loosen the money supply and the value of the dollar went down making everything import cost more. This policy helped Reagan fight inflation and bring it down when most people thought it was here to stay. Obama's problem is deflation so he has loose money but by doing this jobs continue to leave this country. So what should Obama do.
Obama needs to get the lease off of the american economy. With oil prices so high he needs to let oil company's drill this would create thousands of jobs almost overnight much like Reagan did. The price of oil would drop more money would stay in our own economy and would drive GDP thought out the country.
Just some thoughts about Reagan's way and Obama's way.
Happy Camper

Houma, LA

#425 Aug 1, 2011
Folks this is Washington living within their means. Raise the debt ceiling 2.4 trillion that will last 18 months. But to make it o.k. we cut 2.4 trillion in spending over 10 years. Hows that for cutting back. By election time we will be nearly 17 trillion in debt.
Where's the plan to get us back on track. We don't need to spend like this in 2012. We need to work hard and make some real cuts so we never reach 17 trillion in debt. In 2016 would it be nice if the fight in Washington was how mush they were cutting the debt ceiling not how much it needs to be raised.
Think about where interest are right how. They are
very low but what would a 3 to 4 percent raise in those rates do to the budget. How about if rates go up even to 8% on 17 trillion what would that do to the budget.
We need Washington to make changes every year so the budget is smaller and our economic future is brighter so we can grow out of this hole we are in. It's going to take more than one president to do it but they have to do it. The president is our leader and he needs to run the country and keep congress in check.
This country always works better when the president runs the not congress Over the last 4 1/2 years our presidents have allowed congress to run the country and look at the result. Research our history and will see time after time when the president was strong the country was strong when the president was weak the country was weak. We need a strong leader in the White House that people will trust to do the right thing and not play politics but do what is best for all Americans. Not just there base or their party.
Its time for great leadership Washington let's hope we get some soon.
Educated Black Man

United States

#426 Oct 4, 2011
Let's give the man another chance. He has not had nearly enough time to straighten out the mess the bushes left us in. He works very hard and has to send his family on vacations that he has to catch up with them later on. E has not had nearly enough time. We have not received one gallon of free gas yet. My grandmother just got her phone. This all takes time. I am having to pay for some of my books and I don't complain. Let's be big people about this. No whining here and I'm black.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Hampton, VA

#427 Oct 4, 2011
Educated Black Man wrote:
Let's give the man another chance. He has not had nearly enough time to straighten out the mess the bushes left us in. He works very hard and has to send his family on vacations that he has to catch up with them later on. E has not had nearly enough time. We have not received one gallon of free gas yet. My grandmother just got her phone. This all takes time. I am having to pay for some of my books and I don't complain. Let's be big people about this. No whining here and I'm black.
My guess is that you would not like what this guys has to say:

BET founder Robert Johnson: "Well, I think the president has to recalibrate his message. You don't get people to like you by attacking them or demeaning their success. You know, I grew up in a family of 10 kids, first one to go to college, and I've earned my success. I've earned my right to fly private if I choose to do so.
And by attacking me it is not going to convince me that I should take a bigger hit because I happen to be wealthy. You know, it is the old -- I think Ted and Fred and I we both sort of take the old Ethel Merman approach to life. I've tried poor and I tried rich and I like rich better. It doesn't mean that I am a bad guy.
I didn't go in to business to create a public policy success for either party, Republican or Democrat. I went in business to create jobs and opportunity, create opportunity, create value for myself and my investors. And that's what the president should be praising, not demagoguing us simply because Warren Buffet says he pays more than his secretary. He should pay the secretary more and she will pay more."

Newport News VA

#428 Oct 6, 2011
HUMPH. You're a funny guy. There are too many holes in your post to hold any water. Try again.
Educated Black Man wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,496,971
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Julia 63,296
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) 20 hr inmate from a lv5 39
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) Mon Kim Mann-Douglas 836
News Libraries are about more than just books (Nov '08) Feb 18 Martin garey 7
News Facebook Feedback for Saturday, Oct. 22 from Da... (Oct '11) Feb 11 Martin garey 21
My 1998 story for today Feb 9 Martin garey 2

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages