Police probe death of girl found shot...

Police probe death of girl found shot in home

There are 141 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Police probe death of girl found shot in home. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Police on Wednesday night were seeking to establish if the fatal shooting of a girl in a home in Hampton was a homicide, an accident or a suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
gaw

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Oct 23, 2008
Yet another case of a violent gun running around and wreaking havoc. Sad indeed that such a young person has died.
Lori Carlson

United States

#2 Oct 23, 2008
Sympathy and prayers for the family of this young girl. Young people, pay attention to your surroundings. Be careful about who you associate with. This happened on a school night at a friends house. Why would the adults at this home allow a gun to be out when company was there? Where are the adults here????
kelvin diggs

Newport News, VA

#3 Oct 23, 2008
it is ashame how many people keep dying. We need to leave all of the guns and other weapons alone and be able to leave our homes without thinking about getting shot. R.I.P to the young girl that they claim shot herself. I want to tell her family to stay strong and she is in a better place. To the mother, you have done all you can do, put it into God hands now. Stay Strong.
Ashley Lovdahl

Newport News, VA

#5 Oct 23, 2008
I cant believe another young person is dead and she was only 14 years old i just cant believe it :(
sad

Newport News, VA

#6 Oct 23, 2008
This is awful two kids in two weeks. This breaks my heart.
MARA

Newport News, VA

#7 Oct 23, 2008
i MISS U ROBJ3A!

“Bring It”

Since: Aug 08

Hampton Roads

#8 Oct 23, 2008
I hope it wasnt intentional.
Tina

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Oct 23, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
It is a real shame that a 14 year old in America can have access to a gun.
I bet if white kids were being killed by guns our elected officals would close the gun loopholes real fast.
It's not guns - it's people.

Since: Jul 08

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#11 Oct 23, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
I bet if white kids were being killed by guns our elected officals would close the gun loopholes real fast.
The 14 year old was the one that got shot. But then again you've never let facts stand in the way of your racism.
hello

Yorktown, VA

#12 Oct 23, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
Get off your high horse. It happens to white kids too. The law doesn't work if the parents/kids don't follow it.
gaw

Huntsville, AL

#13 Oct 23, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
You mean the one that ensures that only bullets designed to hit black people make it to the market?

If you are convinced that only blacks are affected by violence then please offer us a realistic solution.
Think About It

Pleasanton, CA

#14 Oct 23, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
Exactly what "loopholes" are you referring to, Mr. Racist? Are you calling the second amendment a loophole?

“Plundering the Seas”

Since: Oct 08

Milford, VA

#15 Oct 23, 2008
Prayers to the family. The value of life is just not taught in homes today. Wow, what a tragic end to a short life.
Just My Opinion

Williamsburg, VA

#19 Oct 23, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
I am white, my parents had guns in our home while all of their children were growing up. We were taught the dangers and not to touch the guns! Teach children that guns do permanent damage/death, teach ALL children, not just us white ones.
And for the record, my daughter knew a white boy that had access to his mother's gun, got into a fight with her, took the gun to the room where she was, and shot himself. It does happen to all races!
Sevantish

United States

#20 Oct 23, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
The real travesty are the people addressing the symptoms while ignoring the causes of black-on-black violence.
Jelisa R

Newport News, VA

#22 Oct 23, 2008
Prayers go to her family. She's in a better place now.Seen that face everyday upstairs and now an innocent chid is tooken from her friends and family.

WE ALL <3 Robjea
MAY SHE REST IN PEACE

WARWICK HIGH WILL BE MISSING Ro!!!
Jerlisa C

Newport News, VA

#23 Oct 23, 2008
I didnt know her but, she went to my school... alI see is people crying... this is a very sad day for us... we mourn for her... on behalf of Warwick High we send our condolences to her family and friends...
Mrs top dog -2

Newport News, VA

#25 Oct 23, 2008
My condolances to the Family and Friends . RIP
THE HILL FAMILY

Portsmouth, VA

#26 Oct 23, 2008
WE ARE SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY LIFTED UP IN PRAY AND WE PRAY THAT GOD WILL GIVE YOU PEACE WHICH SUBPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING . AND JUST KNOW THAT SHE IS RESTING IN GODS ARMS.
LOVE

Newport News, VA

#27 Oct 23, 2008
R.I.P.
ROBJEA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Grey Ghost 1,233,716
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min IBdaMann 53,480
News 'Wife Swap' brings new reality to King George f... (Apr '09) Tue Olbert 154
Robert Smith trying to take down warnings Mon WomensRights 13
News Hampton looks for more math teachers (Aug '14) May 25 Tiffany Balendore 54
News Three men sentenced in drug-related robbery -- ... (Aug '07) May 25 rmw 16
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) May 23 AndrewMosher 2,317
More from around the web

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]