Gloucester sets up election-night hot...

Gloucester sets up election-night hotline -- dailypress.com

There are 79 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Oct 25, 2007, titled Gloucester sets up election-night hotline -- dailypress.com. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A telephone hotline has been set up to provide up-to-the-minute election-night returns on Gloucester races.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Still

Hampton, VA

#61 Nov 6, 2007
RealFine389 wrote:
You can beat a dead horse about a single Gentry incident, or open the can of worms the current Sheriff has hidden in his closet. I am not going to even mention the B-word (he is out of the picture).
Nobody has a perfect record-what does your magical mirror flash back at you in the morning?
Ideally-every public official would be a storybook leader-but they are only people too.
Get out there and vote:
Vote for people who have positive qualities, look past the slander and political garbage.
Most importantly-get to the polls and exercise your right to chose.
I agree, no one is perfect! Although some think they are....aka Robin Stanaway!(And yes, you do have me curious about the B-word!)

We all want to know the "true" character of our candidates and I respect others opinions but some take it to an extreme and are counter productive. When I first read "MOM'S" account of the Gentry incident it did make me raise an eyebrow but after hearing her constant ranting and rage it made me question her more than Gentry. She was counter productive to her cause. I feel really bad for her daughter's attack and I don't doubt that Gentry was partially at fault also. After reading her posts get more and more agressive and paranoid I am now finding her less credible. It's really sad. If Gentry wins today she is going to make his life miserable.

Since: Nov 07

Hayes VA

#62 Nov 6, 2007
Bowser (B-word) is not even a voting option. I would be surprised if anyone other than his Mom voted for him.
Still

Hampton, VA

#63 Nov 6, 2007
RealFine389 wrote:
Bowser (B-word) is not even a voting option. I would be surprised if anyone other than his Mom voted for him.
Oh....forgot all about him, what a joke he is.......... but I'm sure there are some out there who vote for him!
Fearful Resident

Gloucester, VA

#64 Nov 7, 2007
Even if Steve did everything you are claiming it could not compare with what Stanaway and his Hitler Youths have done? How did a young man manage to hang himself in a cell FULL of other prisoners? What do many of the deputies complain of drug abuse among themselves being ordered to keep quiet; manufacturing of evidence; for God Sake look at the unsolved murders. Steve will have to weed out the crooks and druggers something Stanaway eventually did not care to do.

Since: Nov 07

Hayes VA

#65 Nov 7, 2007
I heard there is a new Sheriff in town...

Name starts with an "S" and ends with "teve Gentry."
A AND O

Powhatan, VA

#66 Feb 4, 2012
Curious, what are you all thinking of Mr. G now?
Gowery

Gloucester, VA

#67 Feb 4, 2012
Significantly better than the previous administration.
Glad Hes Gone

Chesapeake, VA

#68 Feb 10, 2012
I am so unbelievably happy that he has resigned and I hope that people finally see the nature and character of the man they elected! It will only be a matter of time before the sexual harassment cases hit the street, not to mention him having an affair with his female deputy.
Think about it

Gloucester, VA

#69 Feb 10, 2012
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him.

Since: Feb 12

Gloucester, VA

#70 Feb 23, 2012
Im new to the area and dont know much about whats happened. But i don't think that sexual misconduct is the real reason behind his resigning. I dontt buy it.
Joe

Chesapeake, VA

#71 Feb 24, 2012
Aussiebeer wrote:
Im new to the area and dont know much about whats happened. But i don't think that sexual misconduct is the real reason behind his resigning. I dontt buy it.
Then just sit back and wait , it's all gonna come out...all of it.
Dr D

Yorktown, VA

#72 Feb 24, 2012
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Then just sit back and wait , it's all gonna come out...all of it.
Given that it's gloucester, we're probably going to hear more gossip than truth, and more from the people that want to hurt him rather than those after the truth.
Pete

United States

#73 Feb 24, 2012
Aussiebeer wrote:
You would be wrong. Just wait. Those of us that work in the county "system" know what's going on. Give it time to work its way through the courts.
Dr D

Yorktown, VA

#74 Feb 24, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wrong. Just wait. Those of us that work in the county "system" know what's going on. Give it time to work its way through the courts.
Good reply Pete. Let's deal with facts, not gossip.
and

Chesapeake, VA

#75 Feb 24, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, good to hear from you again! How're ya doing?

“The REAL banana”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#76 Feb 24, 2012
and wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, good to hear from you again! How're ya doing?
Truly is Pete and I suspect that any "facts" will soon surface. I am saddened by all our "current events". Any insight as to what's to come would be most appreciated. For once, can we make an enlightened decision?

Since: Feb 12

Gloucester, VA

#77 Mar 5, 2012
Glad Hes Gone wrote:
I am so unbelievably happy that he has resigned and I hope that people finally see the nature and character of the man they elected! It will only be a matter of time before the sexual harassment cases hit the street, not to mention him having an affair with his female deputy.
Sexual harassment is the least of his worries. He's been doing much more than that. Its not harassment when the ladies consent to it. He's got alot more projects going on than just swapping around his female deputies. Come on, do people realy believe that Robin Stanaway actually committed suicide? Count up all the prominent "suicides" Gloucester's had in the past few years. I don't believe they were suicides at all. I think those people were killed by someone who didn't want them talking about something. Just what, I dont know. But I think it's going to start coming out soon.
Dr D

Virginia Beach, VA

#78 Mar 6, 2012
Aussiebeer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual harassment is the least of his worries. He's been doing much more than that. Its not harassment when the ladies consent to it. He's got alot more projects going on than just swapping around his female deputies. Come on, do people realy believe that Robin Stanaway actually committed suicide? Count up all the prominent "suicides" Gloucester's had in the past few years. I don't believe they were suicides at all. I think those people were killed by someone who didn't want them talking about something. Just what, I dont know. But I think it's going to start coming out soon.
This is where
Banana, Pete, and I should all admonish you strongly for speculating without facts. What you are doing is nothing more than defamatory gossip. It is wrong. Publish the facts, not your paranoia.
Joe

Chesapeake, VA

#79 Mar 6, 2012
Dr D wrote:
<quoted text>This is where
Banana, Pete, and I should all admonish you strongly for speculating without facts. What you are doing is nothing more than defamatory gossip. It is wrong. Publish the facts, not your paranoia.
You have yet to publish any real "facts" doc, only your paranoia, and do you really want to talk about defamatory gossip, yea you probley do since it is something you majored in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,276,513
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,525
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) 6 hr Martin garey 10
Nasty girls (Feb '13) 6 hr Martin garey 16
willie cullpepper 9 hr merle 1
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) Sun Martin garey 10
Listen Up Sat Bobby Boucher 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages