Dawn Barber charged with 2 counts, RD & DUI

Posted in the Hampton Forum

Mr Right

AOL

#1 Aug 19, 2008
She is a danger to the community. Driving drunk is serious. I am waiting for M.A.D.D. to appear at her hearing . Those are both misdomeanors each punishable by a large fine and 12 months each.
This is the RD...
Virginia Courts Case Information

Case Number: GT08034139-00 File Date: 08/18/2008 Complainant: BOWERS, R. VSP Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant: BARBER, DAWN DELORES Defense Attorney: NNPD should get Perry Mason
Address: NEWPORT NEWS VA 23608
Sex: Female Race: Black(Non-Hispanic) DOB: 08/13/****
Charge: RD-GENERALLY-MISD Code Section: A.46.2-852 Case Type: Misdemeanor Class: 1
Amended Charge: Amended Code: Amended Case Type:
Offense Date: 08/16/2008 Arrest Date: 08/16/2008
Hearings
Number Date Time Result Hearing Type Courtroom Plea Min Continuance Code
01 08/20/2008 08:30 AM B1 000
----------
The DUI is serious and she should be immediately fired after conviction and revocation of license. I will appear in Court on behalf of all the children who have been killed in VA by drunk drivers.

LINDA TURPIN

Stafford, VA

#2 Aug 20, 2008
I HAVE KNOWN DAWN BARBER FOR THREE YEARS AND HAVE SPEND MANY WEEK END WITH HER AND MANY OF OUR FRIENDS, THERE HAS BEEN DRINKS THERE BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER HAVE MORE THEN ONE GLASS OF WINE IN ALL THE TIMES WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER. MY FEELING GO OUT TO DAWN FOR WE ALL HAVE MAKE MIATAKES THANK GOD WE DIDN'T GET CAUSE AND THERE WAS NO ACDENT. I THINK THIS IS A SETUP TO GET DAWN OUT OF THE WAY. YOU DON'T SEE ALL THIS IN THE NEWS ,TV, AND NEWPAPER ABOUT ANYONE ELSE.

Since: Jun 07

Newport News

#3 Aug 20, 2008
Mr Right wrote:
She is a danger to the community. Driving drunk is serious. I am waiting for M.A.D.D. to appear at her hearing . Those are both misdomeanors each punishable by a large fine and 12 months each.
This is the RD...
Case Number: GT08034139-00 File Date: 08/18/2008 Complainant: BOWERS, R. VSP Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Charge: RD-GENERALLY-MISD Code Section: A.46.2-852 Case Type: Misdemeanor Class: 1
Hearings
----------
The DUI is serious and she should be immediately fired after conviction and revocation of license. I will appear in Court on behalf of all the children who have been killed in VA by drunk drivers.
Then come to NN GDC and listen to the 50 or 60 DUI Cases heard every Monday and Tuesday.
Eastern Shore

Yorktown, VA

#4 Aug 20, 2008
LINDA TURPIN wrote:
I HAVE KNOWN DAWN BARBER FOR THREE YEARS AND HAVE SPEND MANY WEEK END WITH HER AND MANY OF OUR FRIENDS, THERE HAS BEEN DRINKS THERE BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER HAVE MORE THEN ONE GLASS OF WINE IN ALL THE TIMES WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER. MY FEELING GO OUT TO DAWN FOR WE ALL HAVE MAKE MIATAKES THANK GOD WE DIDN'T GET CAUSE AND THERE WAS NO ACDENT. I THINK THIS IS A SETUP TO GET DAWN OUT OF THE WAY. YOU DON'T SEE ALL THIS IN THE NEWS ,TV, AND NEWPAPER ABOUT ANYONE ELSE.
I'm sure she will just love seeing her friend type this about her!
China

AOL

#5 Aug 20, 2008
She's nothing more than a criminal. She is a drunk. The brethalizer, in NNPD own words and Judges on Washington st, does --not-- lie. She will be found guilty in the City of Hampton. It will be on her record for life. Chances are she just happened to get caught and has drank while driving before, maybe even let go by another cop. She should get what --everyone-- else gets. License suspended, DUI school, fined, court costs, etc.
How can she uphold the Law and break one of the most serious Laws, DUI, that causes thousands of deaths a year. She is a danger to society. My other concern is she carries a loaded weapon while intoxicated?
Truth Hurts

Newport News, VA

#6 Aug 20, 2008
LINDA TURPIN wrote:
No setup, just bad judgment and overdue karma is all.
Tellin_it_all

Poquoson, VA

#7 Aug 20, 2008
This was posted in the comment section for the article "HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH TO DRINK" Here is another example of scum in the leadership ranks of NNPD. Sergeant Paddleford who is quoted as an "authority" in this article is nothing more than a drunk driver himself. Not to mention that he is a former Hampton Police Officer who left the department under a cloud of suspicion that he had inappropriate contact with underage female students that he taught at New Horizons. I'm tired of cops thinking that they are above the law and can do what they please. Is my tax money really paying this scum bag's salary?
ya ok buddy

Portsmouth, VA

#8 Aug 20, 2008
Mr Right wrote:
This is the RD...
Hearings
----------
Why would MADD be in court? If she is found guilty, she should get what everybody else gets who blows under a .15..... No jail time,$250 fine, ASAP and restricted license.
This is your brain

Yorktown, VA

#9 Aug 20, 2008
ya ok buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would MADD be in court? If she is found guilty, she should get what everybody else gets who blows under a .15..... No jail time,$250 fine, ASAP and restricted license.
MADD shows up in court at DUI hearings quite often.
Kaylene

Knoxville, TN

#10 Nov 24, 2008
What does RD mean?
Norfolk

Yorktown, VA

#11 Nov 24, 2008
Kaylene wrote:
What does RD mean?
Reckless Driving
Chill Haters

Williamsburg, VA

#12 Apr 13, 2009
She blew 0.12, which was the legal limit until the late 1980s, when it went to 0.10 then 0.08. No one can oppose grieving mad moms, but across the board damnation (or firing people) based on these limits is ridiculous when a Yankees pitcher threw a perfect game while keeping up a high BAC. Depends who you are. Old ladies and teenagers should be 0.00, but a 40 year old police officer? Maybe more like 0.12 or 0.15 - who is doing the science on this anyway? Don't want people drinking at all? Move to Iran.
NO JUSTICE

Chesapeake, VA

#13 Apr 14, 2009
Chill Haters wrote:
She blew 0.12, which was the legal limit until the late 1980s, when it went to 0.10 then 0.08. No one can oppose grieving mad moms, but across the board damnation (or firing people) based on these limits is ridiculous when a Yankees pitcher threw a perfect game while keeping up a high BAC. Depends who you are. Old ladies and teenagers should be 0.00, but a 40 year old police officer? Maybe more like 0.12 or 0.15 - who is doing the science on this anyway? Don't want people drinking at all? Move to Iran.
Whoever said there was any science in politics. Only knee jerk response by inept self serving politicians. Like speed limits and drug laws. Ineffective, unfounded, and STUPID.
J Man

Newport News, VA

#14 Jan 5, 2010
Chill Haters wrote:
It's not a question of science but a question of laws. THE LAW says that you cannot drink and drive with a BAC of 0.08 or higher. She blew a 0.12. Since 0.12 is greater than or equal to 0.08 she broke the law. To set a legal limit for every single different person would be a waste of time and tax payer dollars. The legal limit is set to the point that most people under the legal limit is set are still able to make judgment calls quick enough like you need to do when you are driving. Besides, It's not like this is a new law. The limit wasn't just set a few days ago. Aside from that the only reason I could think that they would change the Legal Limit to a lower number is that they saw an increase in DUI related accidents involving people with those limits. You can't talk your way around this one, the law is the law. Obey it. As for the Yankees Pitcher, he wasn't driving putting my life or anyone else's life at risk.
J Man

Newport News, VA

#15 Jan 5, 2010
NO JUSTICE wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever said there was any science in politics. Only knee jerk response by inept self serving politicians. Like speed limits and drug laws. Ineffective, unfounded, and STUPID.
Two things:
1. This isn't about politics. A person broke the law. The question is should that person be treated any differently because they are a Police Officer. The answer to that is no. We should all be treated the same in court. I would expect the same sentence as a private citizen on my first DUI if I blew that.

2. Speed Limit laws are Drug laws are not "Ineffective, unfounded, and stupid." Speed limit laws are not set to cause you to be later in getting home. They are there to protect the general public, because, let's face facts here, most people aren't that great of drivers. With no traffic laws, which speed limits are included under, there would be chaos and countless, pointless deaths. Do we really want something like that? Same goes for drug laws. Yes, there are illegal drugs in America. The consequences of using these drugs outweigh any possible positives that could come from it. See, if we didn't have drug laws in America, we would have the same problems as if we didn't have any traffic laws. Countless, pointless deaths and chaos.

I think that everybody seems to be forgetting the fact that Law are created to protect everyone. Not to prevent one person from doing something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,205,525
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 52,233
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) 22 hr Seaford 97
Penn. Pilots staying @ War Memorial Stadium, Gr... 23 hr Seaford 2
News Test Drive: 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Review (Jan '09) 23 hr BK Flozell 4
News New fishing pier opens in Newport News (Jul '08) Mar 21 nope not me 45
Fed. Income tax was refund; Virginia I owed. Ti... Mar 21 Hamptonian 1
Hampton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]