Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
942,161 - 942,180 of 1,078,904 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

List of Shame

SEN. JON TESTER (D-Mont.):“‘If you like your coverage, you'll be able to keep it,’ Tester said, adding that if Medicare changes, it will only become stronger”.(“Tester In Baker To Discuss Health Care,” The Fallon County Times, 11/20/09)

Obama and the Dems LIED to Americans!!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

I just found this:

The Obama-Biden Plan:

"End the Practice of Writing Legislation Behind Closed Doors: As president, Barack Obama will restore the American people's trust in their government by making government more open and transparent. Obama will work to reform congressional rules to require all legislative sessions, including committee mark-ups and conference committees, to be conducted in public. By making these practices public, the American people will be able to hold their leaders accountable for wasteful spending and lawmakers won't be able to slip favors for lobbyists into bills at the last minute."

http://change.gov/agenda/ethics_agenda/

Here's an even better one:

"End Abuse of No-Bid Contracts: Barack Obama and Joe Biden will end abuse of no-bid contracts by requiring that nearly all contract orders over $25,000 be competitively awarded."

(I wonder why this didn't apply when it came to setting up the Obamacare wbsite)
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Seems Obamacare is sucking the air right out of this thread too.
The few die-hard liberals have nothing to say in defense of the law, this president and congressional democrats - and conservatives are just anticipating everything we said was going to happen five years ago.
But maybe it's just a slow night.
I think you are right...
Realtime engaged in insults offering nothing to refute anything.
LCNlin-pretty much the same
Sonic -still thinks FOX and the Tea Party is the issue of the day despite everyone else acknowledging it is Obamacare -perhaps he is avoiding the elephant in the room.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
What I think is interesting is that:
Obama made it a law that you HAVE to have insurance, thereby CREATING the necessity for people to use the website. Now the people, who by law have to get insurance, start using the and the dems say that that proves that people WANT the insurance plans that Obamacare is offering. In reality it's not as much that they WANT Obamacare, they are being FORCED to use Obamacare. The dems are really good at creating the demand for their services.
Very good point. Wish I'd thought to say it first.

The ones they need to sign up are going to be the ones who pass - or rebel - or both. Only a small majority believe anything he says anymore.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Sorry about the double post too.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

More from "The Obama-Biden Plan":

Restore Fiscal Discipline to Washington

"Reinstate PAYGO Rules: Obama and Biden believe that a critical step in restoring fiscal discipline is enforcing pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) budgeting rules which require new spending commitments or tax changes to be paid for by cuts to other programs or new revenue."

How does this match up with their repeated "we have to raise the debt ceiling" mentality?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good point. Wish I'd thought to say it first.
The ones they need to sign up are going to be the ones who pass - or rebel - or both. Only a small majority believe anything he says anymore.
It's like Al Sharpton screaming racism all the time. He needs to do that to continue to feel relevant. If he allows racism to die he puts himself out of a job.

Abortion is another issue. Promiscuity is being taught, especially by abortion "clinics", as the new normal which naturally increases the "need" for their services.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you are the ones without a clue, running around with BS against sound judgement based on science & facts.
You know Big Al (one of your favourite people) warned about superstorms and it seems we have had a few of them the past few years. From Europe being under water last year, out of control wild fires in the US, floods in Australia, Wildfires in their spring. Sandy, Katrina and the biggie last week in the Philippines. All part of the modeling that warned of these types of scenarios. Yet head in the sand tea baggers choose to ignore it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
Are you one of Algore's trained "Climate Leaders", or just a run of the mill Gore-bot scared of Al's latest scam called "dirty weather"?

Listen, while you're waiting for the sky to literally fall, oceans to rise, and polar bears to float by your front door, write your favorite liberal politician and have them plead with China and India to not bring those coal plants online.

Send Al a few grand (of your own money) while you're at it. You'll feel slightly less alarmed.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
List of Shame
SEN. JON TESTER (D-Mont.):“‘If you like your coverage, you'll be able to keep it,’ Tester said, adding that if Medicare changes, it will only become stronger”.(“Tester In Baker To Discuss Health Care,” The Fallon County Times, 11/20/09)
Obama and the Dems LIED to Americans!!
Yes the did. Democrats have been stretching the truth since the 1990's. One of their first big lies was saying that Republicans want to "cut Social Security". The truth is, they wanted a smaller "increase".

In my town, the Democrats had a group that would issue "press releases" and they all started with "... is a non-partisan issues group". The leader is a Union Leader and now Democrat Town Chairman". The second in command of that group ins a Democrat on the Town Council.

I wrote an editorial letter exposing the group and they disappeared instantly.

Democrats are utterly dishonest and diabolical. From the president on down as low as municipal/local Democrats.

They are devoid of morals and honesty.

The liberals in the media censor the news and have simply turned into the Ministry of Propaganda. Our current federal government under Obama is corrupt and scandal ridden.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are right...
Yep, that's their MO - mock and disparage but offer no rebuttal. Crap straight out of Rules for Radicals.

Oh, and don't forget that you and I are the same person.

(Besides you, I'm also accused of being at least two other posters.)

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are right...
Sonic -still thinks FOX and the Tea Party is the issue of the day despite everyone else acknowledging it is Obamacare -perhaps he is avoiding the elephant in the room.
Sonic would avoid the elephant in the room if it were sitting on him.

The other two are just a few of the "regular" liberals left who still think the liberal ideology is popular.

(My computer is behaving badly and it really is getting late, so goodnight, Whatever.)
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of Algore's trained "Climate Leaders", or just a run of the mill Gore-bot scared of Al's latest scam called "dirty weather"?
Listen, while you're waiting for the sky to literally fall, oceans to rise, and polar bears to float by your front door, write your favorite liberal politician and have them plead with China and India to not bring those coal plants online.
Send Al a few grand (of your own money) while you're at it. You'll feel slightly less alarmed.
http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/Nussbaum...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/e...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/...

He's an even bigger joke than Obama!!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the did. Democrats have been stretching the truth since the 1990's. One of their first big lies was saying that Republicans want to "cut Social Security". The truth is, they wanted a smaller "increase".
In my town, the Democrats had a group that would issue "press releases" and they all started with "... is a non-partisan issues group". The leader is a Union Leader and now Democrat Town Chairman". The second in command of that group ins a Democrat on the Town Council.
I wrote an editorial letter exposing the group and they disappeared instantly.
Democrats are utterly dishonest and diabolical. From the president on down as low as municipal/local Democrats.
They are devoid of morals and honesty.
The liberals in the media censor the news and have simply turned into the Ministry of Propaganda. Our current federal government under Obama is corrupt and scandal ridden.
Lying is the only way they have to get people to vote for them.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's their MO - mock and disparage but offer no rebuttal. Crap straight out of Rules for Radicals.
Can you post from 4 different places at the same time?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
Big Al needs a big carbon footprint cause he is a BIG GUY!

However he does own some big a$$ forests and carbon credits for him to go a lil wild. What you idiots forget, we are still working in the capitalist world, if the rich guy can buy enough carbon credits to offset his footprint so be it. It's all about reducing the footprint and if you can some poor guys share then that's how the capitalist system works. He uses it to perfection! There is lots of money to be made from green in the future.
Yeah

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic would avoid the elephant in the room if it were sitting on him.
The other two are just a few of the "regular" liberals left who still think the liberal ideology is popular.
(My computer is behaving badly and it really is getting late, so goodnight, Whatever.)
lol! So now you're blaming your equipment?!?!

Cons do anything to avoid responsibility for their own actions!
Yeah

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying is the only way they have to get people to vote for them.
so.... Romney was telling the truth when he said he didn't care about 47% of Americans!
Yeah

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
so....what is the Reich wing plan for healthcare?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> so.... Romney was telling the truth when he said he didn't care about 47% of Americans!
47% of Americans don't care either or they would be out providing for themselves instead of the Federal Government doing the providing.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Political newcomer Vance McCallister (R) has defeated the TeaParty/Jindall backed candidate for the vacant Louisiana US House seat in a runoff.

McCallister, a businessman had the backing the "Duck Dynasty" family.

With his approval rating at below 30% Jindall has slipped off the national political stage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Hampton Forum right now

Search the Hampton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) 30 min andrew mosher 2,298
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Obama care wont cover eye exam, colonoscopies, ... 1 hr Thomas 1
Hampton All American City--can't stop laughing 9 hr Hamptonian 1
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) 9 hr Venable 55
Two Yorktown Teachers Charged in Abuse of Stude... Mon Hamptonian 6
Suspects identified in deadly double shooting i... Jul 18 WTH 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000