Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
801,401 - 801,420 of 1,101,014 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#870698 Mar 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was loopholes and subsidies for shipping jobs overseas.
Name them.
This is Nobraina's game.

He tells lies, then asks you to prove they are lies, thereby wasting your time.

If you bother to prove your point, he won't respond, he runs off when confronted with the truth.

He's done it here for over 4 years now.

He still won't admit that Rmoney isn't President!!

Don't waste your time with him, Shovelhead.

Better to mock and abuse nitwits like him.

He's all lies, all the time!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870699 Mar 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Another stupid statement from Nobraina.
Heredity is a contributing factor, but is far from a major cause.
the American sugar diet is the biggest cause. Ask Carol, in her more lucid moments, she admits to being fat and diabetic from overuse of sugar and cigarettes.
Proof being that obesity rates are still going up, which heredity can't be responsible for. DUH
But you are stupid enough to fight the First Ladies attempts to get Americans to eat healthier.
You wouldn't have to spend your entire waking life on Topix if you were in better health.
Obesity is highly hereditary.

Location hidden

#870700 Mar 8, 2013
That's really funny, Waxturd. You must be really drunk today!!

You're done here. Everyone knows you're merely a puppet of Waxturd. Just as Floriduh was. The identical verbiage gives you away.

Own me?? You haven't come close to me, while I've destroyed your entire web of lies and puppet trolls!

As your puppet Floriduh says;

"IT's the culture""

And you don't have any.
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't speak for Waxturd, but I own you scitzoid. It's obvious you have lost it. Keep em coming!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#870701 Mar 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Teabaggers will lose the House in 2014.
You really like the having the nutsack dipped into your mouth, don't you??
BWAHAHAHAHA
The Democrats are going to loose in 2014 and Obama knows it they should have left the gun issue alone and now they are going repear the losses just like in 1994.

Location hidden

#870702 Mar 8, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said all Democrats voted against civil rights legislation.
Just the Southern bloc. Some Republicans voted against it as well.
But had it not been for a Republican congressman, Senators Everett Dirksen (R-IL), however, who worked tirelessly behind the scenes, it might not have passed.
In the House (for-against):
Southern Democrats: 7–87
Southern Republicans: 0–10
Northern Democrats: 145–9
Northern Republicans: 138–24
*Democrats - 152 out of 248 voted "for"
*Republicans - 138 out of 172 voted "for"
Based on percentages, Republicans passed the bill in the House with a difference of 96 Democrats against compared to 34 Republicans against.
In the Senate (for-against):
Southern Democrats: 1–20
Southern Republicans: 0–1
Northern Democrats: 45–1
Northern Republicans: 27–5
*Democrats - 46 out 67 voted "for"
*Republicans - 27 out of 33 voted "for"
Again, based on percentages, Republicans passed the bill in the Senate with a difference of 21 Democrats against compared to 6 Republicans against.
In other words, there were fewer republicans in congress than democrats but because more republicans voted for than against compared to democrats, the republican percentage passed the bill.
(Whew! Sure hope you appreciate all my effort in trying to help you understand this.)
In your ignorance, you still lie about it.

Here's what counts;

House

----------

In the Senate

----------

As Dave told you, it was a regional thing, as ALL SOUTHERN REPUBLICLOWNS VOTED AGAINST THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT!!

Get over your stupidity and face the fact that the Republiclown Party is filled with racists just like you.

In spite of your denials, your words here have marked you as a filthy racist.

You can play Twister all you want, bu tAmerica knows the south is still full of racism. This thread is proof.
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#870703 Mar 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Name them.
I would like to here how there is a tax loophole for
taking jobs overseas....as well.
The libs always talk about them...yet I never here of them
making a attempt to stop the this so called loophole.

If it is real....Iam sure there would plenty of support
in closing the loophole.

Like I said the hole tax code and Fed. reg is what sends
jobs overseas.

Location hidden

#870704 Mar 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obesity is highly hereditary.
Prove it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870705 Mar 8, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try...but I don't care to eat off your spoon either.
Apparently Congress thinks the 'political crap' known as 'loopholes' exist...and they've been steadfastly protecting same, while cheering on the sequester.
Ask them.
Perhaps you should discuss this with "Nucular", a/k/a Demos/Tenzing.

He/she seems to want to be your Mommy.

(Sequester is good.)

Location hidden

#870706 Mar 8, 2013
As a sockpuppet, it's your job to defend the drunken puppetmaster, or he'll put you back in the dark closet, and you'll cry for months!!

So if you're not one of Waxturd's puppets, why are you on full defgense of the rest of his sockpuppets??

Thanks. I now officially own the stable of Waxturd's sockpuppets!!
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
He posted a quote and a link and you call that "rage"?
Amazing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870707 Mar 8, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>The Democrats are going to loose in 2014 and Obama knows it they should have left the gun issue alone and now they are going repear the losses just like in 1994.
Obama has already buried the gun control issue, knowing it to be a loser.

A few of the fools still pushing this turkey will pay the price.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#870708 Mar 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
On my own dollar, with a doctor of my choice, not pot luck at some moldy government clinic, waiting in line.
You're self-insured? No UCS requirements or deductibles for you?(I tend to believe Nucular; you're obviously not working and old enough to be on Medicare.) Where did you get your ideas of waiting in line at a moldy government clinic.

Location hidden

#870709 Mar 8, 2013
Shovelhead already spotted you for the dickhead you are.

I just want to make sure he understands what a nasty piece of scum you are, and not waste his time on an old fool and liar.

You live off Gov't handouts, all the while bitchin' about anyone else who gets Gov't money.

Nobraina thinks all of the Gov't payouts should only go to ancient white fools like him!!

Someday, you'll figure out how to spell my name properly. Another indication of your failing eyesight.
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
(Sequester is good.)

#870710 Mar 8, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>The Democrats are going to loose in 2014 and Obama knows it they should have left the gun issue alone and now they are going repear the losses just like in 1994.
We are going to "loose" and "repear" the losses, huh? Chicagoan by Birth/Ignorant by Choice, is that you?
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#870711 Mar 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
(Sequester is good.)
Yes sequester is a good thing...but I want to see some
real cuts in spending.
Some very large and painful real (not just base line) cuts in spending.

Location hidden

#870712 Mar 8, 2013
You haven't figured out that Nobraina NEVER tells th etruth about anything??

C'mon, Leo, you know better than to pretend this troll is anything other than a serial liar.
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're self-insured? No UCS requirements or deductibles for you?(I tend to believe Nucular; you're obviously not working and old enough to be on Medicare.) Where did you get your ideas of waiting in line at a moldy government clinic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#870713 Mar 8, 2013
Is obesity hereditary.....Nope....bad eating habits definitely are, it is the eating habits you have been accustomed to that leads to obesity.

Stop using excuses, don't believe that this is how you were built and there is nothing you can do about it, there is always a solution, small steps, small changes to your lifestyle will go a long way.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#870714 Mar 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Another stupid statement from Nobraina.
Heredity is a contributing factor, but is far from a major cause.
the American sugar diet is the biggest cause. Ask Carol, in her more lucid moments, she admits to being fat and diabetic from overuse of sugar and cigarettes.
Proof being that obesity rates are still going up, which heredity can't be responsible for. DUH
But you are stupid enough to fight the First Ladies attempts to get Americans to eat healthier.
You wouldn't have to spend your entire waking life on Topix if you were in better health.
Heredity is a bit of an excuse__the math clearly shows that folks with lousy diets and lifestyles beget younguns of the same ilk and the cycle repeats.

Often TYPE II diabetes can be reversed or the bodies sugar/insulin levels can be stabilized but that requires regular and costly doctors visits along with lifestyle changes or at least trade offs/sacrifices which some folks are just not willing to make.

Fried food with a Lipitor chaser ain't going to work.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#870715 Mar 8, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said all Democrats voted against civil rights legislation.
Just the Southern bloc. Some Republicans voted against it as well.
But had it not been for a Republican congressman, Senators Everett Dirksen (R-IL), however, who worked tirelessly behind the scenes, it might not have passed.
In the House (for-against):
Southern Democrats: 7–87
Northern Democrats: 145–9
Northern Republicans: 138–24
*Democrats - 152 out of 248 voted "for"
*Republicans - 138 out of 172 voted "for"
Based on percentages, Republicans passed the bill in the House with a difference of 96 Democrats against compared to 34 Republicans against.
In the Senate (for-against):
Southern Democrats: 1–20
Northern Democrats: 45–1
Northern Republicans: 27–5
*Democrats - 46 out 67 voted "for"
*Republicans - 27 out of 33 voted "for"
Again, based on percentages, Republicans passed the bill in the Senate with a difference of 21 Democrats against compared to 6 Republicans against.
In other words, there were fewer republicans in congress than democrats but because more republicans voted for than against compared to democrats, the republican percentage passed the bill.
(Whew! Sure hope you appreciate all my effort in trying to help you understand this.)
President Lyndon B John (D) had the bill passed into law with the help of northern Republicans.
Racist Southern Democrats then became Republicans.

#870716 Mar 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Name them.
"On paper, the U.S. has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. But in practice, corporations pay far less. The Government Accountability Office (PDF) estimated the average tax burden at 25.2 percent, and some of the largest corporations, such as General Electric and Wells Fargo, pay no taxes at all. This is possible because the tax code is riddled with exceptions and loopholes, created at the behest of lobbyists and exploited by teams of tax experts, many of whom used to work for the IRS and the Treasury. With the help of Citizens for Tax Justice, The Daily Beast rounded up some of the most egregious corporate tax loopholes.

Deferral of Overseas Income

Multinational companies don’t have to pay U.S. income taxes on overseas profits until they transfer them back home. But in reality, companies just leave their profits in overseas tax havens, deferring taxes indefinitely. Not only that, an accounting scheme known as “transfer pricing” allows companies to move profits from the U.S. to offshore havens so they’re counted as overseas earnings. For example a pharmaceutical company could sell a drug patent to a subsidiary in the Cayman Islands for a nominal fee, then have the subsidiary charge the parent company huge licensing fees. The company can then deduct the licensing fees from its taxable income in the U.S. and send the profits to its foreign subsidiary, where taxes can be indefinitely deferred. Some 83 percent of top 100 publicly traded companies had tax-haven units in 2009, according to the GAO. General Electric, Google, Pfizer, and many other companies use this technique. The federal government loses an estimated (PDF)$100 billion a year through offshore tax abuses.

Deductions for Shipping Jobs Overseas

At first glance it doesn’t seem particularly egregious that corporations can deduct moving expenses, but that changes when the break is applied to companies moving operations overseas. President Obama proposed ending this exemption for companies moving overseas while giving a credit to companies moving back to the U.S."

There's more but I know you never honestly read a link or anything else you don't like...BTW, maybe you'd better not wait until you have an "ailment" to avoid the appearance of health care, or not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#870717 Mar 8, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're self-insured? No UCS requirements or deductibles for you?(I tend to believe Nucular; you're obviously not working and old enough to be on Medicare.) Where did you get your ideas of waiting in line at a moldy government clinic.
Whether Galt pays the premiums or is self-insured, it is still Galt's dollar. Relatively high deductibles make economic sense, particularly for those who rarely have medical expenses.

No freakin idea what "UCS" is.

The future of US medicine is long lines at moldy government clinics.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,359
Hampton locals, others, beware of Hpt Rds Eye A... 20 hr Tabb 2
Hampton looks for more math teachers 20 hr Tabb 4
Influx of illegal immigrants in hampton va Sat Roc 8
Virginia boy suffers through tick-borne disease Sat jacquelyn98 1
Hampton police arrest 3 teens in Northampton ro... Fri Tabb Man 1
hey sexy guys... (Sep '12) Aug 28 Nickxh 2
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000