Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#850655 Jan 30, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Antone don't need no military type weapon, and there is no
"second amandment"
Substituting for Leo today ?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850656 Jan 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The best relationships are built on mutual respect, not friendship.
If you want a friend, get a dog.
I seriously doubt that even a dog would like your miserable azz.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#850657 Jan 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Funny you insist others provide support for their claims.
Yet you say something really stupid about the stock market and pull a hissy fit when challenged.
You're a sick little troll, Emaam.
Just like DB.
<quoted text>
"Adjusted For Fed Propping And Inflation, Dow At 5,600

Liberals love to point to the stock market as an indicator of economic recovery. After all, stocks are one of the few asset classes that have recovered. Unfortunately, the market's recovery is a total sham. The Fed, by its own admission, is propping up the market by 50%. This revelation alone takes the actual Dow reading below 7,000. And then there's the relatively high inflation we've been experiencing over the last few years (as a result of Fed liquidity pumping via printing and ZIRP). The government has been telling us that inflation has been essentially non-existent since the financial crisis, but many respected economists have pegged the inflation rate as high as 8% per annum. But let's just assume that it's been running at half of that--4%--since 2008, the last time the Dow reached 14,000. That would mean that 2013 dollars have approximately 20% less purchasing power than 2008 dollars. So, if the absence of Fed propping takes the Dow down to 7,000, the actual inflation-adjusted level is 5,600 (in 2008 dollars).

Here's what 5,600 would look like on a historical chart of the Dow. Notice that the last time the market was at this level was in 1996. But, adjusted for inflation, the Dow at 5,600 in 1996 would be equivalent to the index registering approximately 10,000 today! In other words, the stock market is actually in the toilet, and those who point to it as an indicator of economic recovery are severely misguided."

Misguided...hmmmm
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850659 Jan 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> There is no constitutional right to vote for president. The states can choose their electors anyway they want. Draw names out of a hat, governor's choice, or the lottery. The electors are not even bound to vote the way the state voted. Stay stupid. it fits you well
Short for flack is getting tired of you beating him up and making him look the fool daily.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#850660 Jan 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Yet you say something really stupid about the stock market and pull a hissy fit when challenged.
Just like DB.
<quoted text>
"Such a monetary policy tool, known as quantitative easing but widely referred to as printing money out of thin air, pushes up stock prices but is powerless to tackle fiscal uncertainty.

"Based on the fiscal cliff and all of the headwinds, the stock market should be at 9,000 and not 14,000," Zell said.

Nevertheless, a combination of Fed stimulus and widespread business uncertainty has investors chasing a limited number of stocks, thus sending the Dow higher than where it should be."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#850662 Jan 30, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we know you live in two states Calif, and Pa. or are you just simply another rightie liar, smart money and I are betting on the last one.
As usual, Ghost the broken-down draft dodger doesn't know squat.

Never assume anything not directly stated.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#850663 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Did I say anything about politics? NO. You're an idiot. I don't give a fick what politics a killer is. The issue is that this deranged nut went and committed first degree murder on his doctor because he blames him for his incontinence! Well, he'll be pissing his pants in prison for life now.
You're an idiot.
The other 60 something white trash, Jimmy Lee whatever, killed a bus driver and took a 6 year old.
If you spent less time bitching about life, you'd possibly enjoy it more.

When you blame other people and guns for the things that go wrong in you miserable life, remember this..... Things will continue to go wrong in your miserable life...
Nj raider 1

United States

#850665 Jan 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama told us we don't need ships. It amazes me how easily some of my fellow Americans get duped by someone with "charisma". No independent thought whatsoever.
So what exactly do we need more than 300 navel vessels for? Thats 1 of our biggest problems now. All these ships sitting at ports across the world to protect our gains from countries that we actually gained nothing from. Makes alot of sense in looney land! The president is doing the right thing by focusing his attention on our country. What do ya'll love about America? It is no longer America the great. A title in which was relinquished under gwb. The president is trying to get us back to status by focusing on home instead of spending unnecessary money on a bunch of hypotheticals. If we weren't playing the police of the world, we would'nt have to worry about tension with terrorist havens.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#850666 Jan 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Just like DB.
<quoted text>
"Tuesday also marked the start of the Federal Reserve's first monetary policy meeting of the year. At the conclusion of the two-day meeting Wednesday afternoon, investors will look for clues from the central bank's statement for when the bond buying program could end"

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#850667 Jan 30, 2013
Continuing to buy $85 billion a month in bond purchases by printing money not backed by anything is insane. That's $1,020,000,000 a year for the last three years plus who knows how much longer. They will never be able to pull all of that fake money out of the market place without a major spike in interest rates. As I've said before we are a ship going down by the bow and the captain (Fed) is still running all engines full speed ahead.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850668 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Another 60 year old killer on the loose:
Multiple people were wounded during a shooting at an office complex Wednesday morning in Arizona, Reuters reports.
Authorities are searching for a suspect described as a white male in his 60s, according to Fox 10. He was last seen driving away from the scene in a white SUV.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/phoe...
Was he wearing a "Don't tread on me" tee shirt" and driving a pick up truck, with an NRA sticker on the back and another one saying " Marriage..One man and one woman". Probably Galt of Waxman.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#850669 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
The problem if gangs is a huge one and doesn't only affect Chicago.
What's the answer? Let them all kill each other off and be done with it?
This appears to be the strategy in Chicago.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#850671 Jan 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Just like DB.
<quoted text>
"The Federal Reserve has been pumping money into the economy to nudge investors into riskier assets like stocks. As interest rates have fallen to historic lows, investors have been searching for returns by gobbling up bonds issued by countries and companies with shakier credit."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#850672 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Another 60 year old killer on the loose:
Multiple people were wounded during a shooting at an office complex Wednesday morning in Arizona, Reuters reports.
Authorities are searching for a suspect described as a white male in his 60s, according to Fox 10. He was last seen driving away from the scene in a white SUV.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/phoe...
Older white males, often with long careers at the same company, are often the first to be laid in the Obama Depression. They may feel a need for revenge, which is a reason for such events, but not an excuse.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#850673 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
That's your job, swine. I'll report the old crackas who shoot their doctors for making them incontinent; shoot bus drivers to kidnap a kid in Alabama. Most serial killers and mass murderers are white males.
"the term "white cracker" is seldom used self-referentially and remains an offensive racial slur used to demean Caucasians"
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850674 Jan 30, 2013
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
I've golfed there.
30 miles outside of San Diego.
Known for golf, wine, meth, and old people.
You are right on, it's about 10-12 miles down the road from my home in Lake Elsinore. But I doubt that Galt really lives there as he used to post from Pa. and condemn California all the time. You can tell that he is a born loser, and not even qualified to be a Wal-mart greeter.
Vladimir

Russia

#850675 Jan 30, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we know you live in two states Calif, and Pa. or are you just simply another rightie liar, smart money and I are betting on the last one.
Ahh, you good comrade Borris! Get righties and put in gulag! No allow freedoms we do. You good commode Borris.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#850676 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
The problem if gangs is a huge one and doesn't only affect Chicago.
What's the answer? Let them all kill each other off and be done with it? Provide a large stadium and let them all go there and have a mass shoot out? At Least they'd be killing each other and not innocent bystanders.
I agree with Tenzing, end the War on Drugs, solve the problem.
Once my son and daughter were bickering at each other so much and I was tired of refereeing, so I just said, fine, go for it, let the best of you win. They looked at me like I was crazy and didn't beat each other up.
the answer is what NYC has done: Stop and Frisk, targeting high crime areas and getting illegal weapons off the streets and out of apartment buildigns.

but of course, the libs, ACLU and Black "leaders" or so-called Community Activists hate it--claim it is racist unless elderly white grandmothers in limousine liberal neighborhoods are also stopped. Ray Kelley asked THEM for solutions and THEY HAD NONE other than throwing $$ at social problems.

a lib judge--preferrring a murder rate like most Democrat run cities instead--recently ordered the successful program stopped and the NYPD is fighting her decision.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#850677 Jan 30, 2013
Exposed: MSNBC Caught Editing Video to Smear Gun Rights Suppporters.

Another Dishonest Video Edit from NBC as Martin Bashir Smears Gun Rights Supporters

by Matthew Sheffield | January 30, 2013 | 11:05

MSNBC and NBC News--already famous for their perpetual bashing of conservatives and Republicans--are fast acquiring another claim to fame: dishonest editing of news footage to gin up the left-wing outrage machine.

The latest edit appeared on the Monday edition of the “Martin Bashir” program where the father of one of the victims of the Newton, Conn. school shooting was shown supposedly being shouted down by gun rights supporters as he testified before a hearing about banning certain types of guns in the state. Full video below the fold.

“A father’s grief, interrupted by the cries of a heckler,” a smug Bashir pronounced after running the clip. View program excerpt below:( Video ).

In reality, however, no such interruption took place because the man, Neil Heslin, actually had invited people to challenge his question “Why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high capacity clips?”

Several members of the audience responded to his inquiry. Unfortunately for the poor souls who tune in to MSNBC trying to find actual news, they never saw the question because Bashir cut it out.

Here is the full, unedited clip of the meeting:
( Video ).

As of this writing, MSNBC has not issued a correction to inform that it had presented a false clip.

A transcript of the relevant portion of the “Martin Bashir” show:

Read More: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffiel...

The video below from CNSNews.com producer Bob Parks juxtaposes the original footage of the hearing with the deceptive MSNBC edit:( Video )

Sidebar: This C&P is dedicated to sonicfilter who loves C&P SO much, I thought I'd give him one from "his side" to chew on. ;)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#850678 Jan 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If they bought the lie like a few of my friends did you should see repos rise along with fore closers. If people didn't plan on $200-$1000 less a month you are going to see a lot of misery out there. My friends are screaming their heads off. It will hurt the economy. No way it can't.
"fore closers"??? Is that something like four flushers? I've little doubt all your "friends" are screaming in laughter...you just have to be a White of West Virginia double first cousin.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 46,828
ex crabber Sat Jett 1
Activities Sat April Horace 1
'Nashville Star' show to hold casting call -- V... (Apr '08) Fri ghostlady 8
james Arthur Segura Sep 18 laughing out loud 52
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) Sep 17 Tora 267
Isle of Wight schools to post 'In God We Trust'... Sep 16 Hamptonian 8
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
•••
•••