Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277726 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#838929 Jan 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
US registry ships with union labor are non-competitive and needlessly increase costs.
Why do Alaskan cruise ships leave from Vancouver, B.C., and not from a port in Washington?
yeah, that was plain weak and you know it. Go back to your first post on the topic....flat out, blaming unions was a plain stupid thing o say.

Lets see, why do cruise ships leave from Vancouver? Umm, we'll the obvious answer would be geography, since the only wa. Major ports built big evough for a ship that size are hundreds of miles inside puget sound?

You're pathetic. This is why I could never be a conservative...lying bothers me.
Lincoln

United States

#838930 Jan 14, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, not so. There is the opium production, drug routes and oil pipeline routes (and natural resources) that they have secured and want to keep.
Not 'winnable', and sustainable, I'd agree. Being there at all was folly. But staying there is pure folly. But stay we will. For the obvious reasons.
We went to Iraq for nothing but to secure the oil for big mega corporations.
Mission accomplished.
Afghanistan about keep air bases?

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#838931 Jan 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any federal agents that attempt to confiscate weapons from law-abiding citizens are Obama Gestapo and should be greeted accordingly.
We both know that you wouldn't shoot police officers, National Guard or military enforcing the laws of an elected constitutional government. That's just chest beating bar talk. You're a liar.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#838933 Jan 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Let's begin with the unfinished business of last week. There were two questions asked that nobody in the world has been able to answer, and nobody here on this site has answered. The closest anyone came to answering these questions was some link that gave a bunch of no-answers as to the location of Obama, and some other idiot gave the answer of the Treasury as a source of money.
Still, nobody knows where Obama was during the 7-hour battle between the United States and Al Qaeda, and still nobody knows where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government.
The Treasure isn't a source of money. The Treasury is a repository. Additionally, the Treasury is 16.5 TRILLION dollars in debt. There isn't any money there, anyway.
So, let's begin with the questions:
Where exactly was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the United States in Banghazi while the battle was being watched on a live feed in the White House?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
I'll be out of the ocuntry for a week or so, maybe only 5 days if everything goes well. I'll check the homework of you ignorant clowns when I get back. You ignorant Democrats, try not to fuck things up too much while the grownups are away.
I'm waiting for you to tell us where Bush got his.

Oh Wait, That doesn't matter that Bush doubled the debt, left office with the worst recession in 80 years, a near financial collapse & two quagmire wars.

Its all that evil communist, Marxist, socialist & numerous other "ists" Obama's fault.

You right whiners are dumber than sh*t.

You keep telling us that its all Boehner's fault these past two years, Why the f*ck not ask Boehner where he got his money.

Where was Romney Ryan going to get their's. You didn't care when you voted for them.
Lincoln

United States

#838934 Jan 14, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know that you wouldn't shoot police officers, National Guard or military enforcing the laws of an elected constitutional government. That's just chest beating bar talk. You're a liar.
He shoot with his computer :-)

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#838935 Jan 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why stay in Afghanistan one day longer if we announce that we will withdraw by a date certain? The Tol-E-Bon (Obama's emphasis) will just sit back until we leave, picking off American targets of opportunity just for the fun of it. There is no chance that the Afghan government will survive after we leave.
Get serious or get out NOW!
I love it when you righties whine about Afghanistan after Bush declared Bin Laden irrelevant & abandoned Afghanistan to go off to Iraq in a war about oil.
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#838936 Jan 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why stay in Afghanistan one day longer if we announce that we will withdraw by a date certain? The Tol-E-Bon (Obama's emphasis) will just sit back until we leave, picking off American targets of opportunity just for the fun of it. There is no chance that the Afghan government will survive after we leave.
Get serious or get out NOW!
I seriously wonder if McCain were in charge if the US would still be in Vietnam. 54,000 Dead for nothing and you Repubs want to stay in Afghanistan just like McCain said for another 100 years. Those that did not learn from history allowed 4000 Dead troops while looking for WMDs that were never there.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#838937 Jan 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why stay in Afghanistan one day longer if we announce that we will withdraw by a date certain? The Tol-E-Bon (Obama's emphasis) will just sit back until we leave, picking off American targets of opportunity just for the fun of it. There is no chance that the Afghan government will survive after we leave.
Get serious or get out NOW!
Simply talking to an idiot like you is to minimize ones self, but just as some of us derive pleasure from feeding the monkeys at the zoo knowing full well the possibility of educating you or them is not with-in the realm of achievement. First, a draft dodger such as youself has proven over and over the cluelessness that you possess. Where was your sorry butt while the two dumbest leaders our nation has ever had were leading us into the messes that they left? Your daily diatribe of stupidity is obvious to all but the very dumbest which is the starting point for right wing conservatives.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#838938 Jan 14, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you want more detail, Treasury gets the money from revenues including the sale of debt instruments.
You schizoidtards need to make up your alleged "minds", is he all powerful bent bringing fundamental change to the US or is he a weak puppet? You've asserted both positions today you schizophrenic little freak.
What do I think he is? I think he's the second coming of Bush and can't understand why you retards don't worship the man. The only real difference between him and Bush is skin color so ...
You are using propaganda labels to indoctrinate people with your poorly described ideas. Let's look into your ideas a little further....

What "fundamental change" are you Democrats promoting?

Fundamental Change number ONE -_________

Fundamental Change number TWO -_________

etc., etc., etc.

Care to put some actual substance into your propaganda bullshit?

If you've been paying attention to events over the past, oh, say, 8 years, you'd know Obama doesn't have a clue about what happens in government.
How about we start with Obama standing immediately behind Christopher Dodd's shoulder in the photo op of the Democrats threatening to fillibister the re-instatement of the Glass Steagall Act. Now, compare that with the statement from Obama immediately after he is inaugurated in 2008 when he states explicitly that "The Glass Steagall Act needs to be re-instated."
He begins his presidency demonstrating to you that he doesn't have a clue what he's been doing in government.
Then we have him sabotaging the US Navy's attempt to free an American from Samali pirates, and forcing a captain of a US Navy ship to disobey direct orders from the White House to save an American from Samali pirates.
Then we have him giving the Queen of England a goddam ipod with him reading from a teleprompter on it as a state gift. Holy shit. How ignorant can you get?
Then we have him declaring himself and all of his subjects to be the subjects of a monarch that rules over a religious kingdom where women are held in sexual slavery and exist for the sole purpose of breeding.
Then we have him shouting over the royal band when they begin playing "God Save the Queen", being so ignorant he doesn't know it has the same score as the American patriotic song "Let Freedom Ring", and obviously objecting to what he ignorantly thinks is the royal band playing an American patriotic tribute to him.
Then we have him ignorantly calling the Cambridge police stupid.

And this is just his first year.

Now, Obama, SUPPOSEDLY being a constitutional lawyer,(who has never even passed the bar or even seen the inside of a court room as a lawyer) being ignorant of the constitutional fact that an executive order only has authority within the Executive Branch of government.

Obama is a candidate for being the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on human society in the history or civilization.

And you think a clown like this is in charge of anything in government?
Perhaps if this were a village in Nigeria, that may be the a possible case. It is unlikely that the country that lifted the entire world out of the stone age is governmed by people that ignorant or stupid.
Thus, Obama is nothing more than an Uncle Tom puppet. He's not in charge of anything. He's nothing more than a virtual cardboard cutout commercial to make it appear as if someone's actually president. If you recall from the book, Uncle Tom was very popular with the black folks.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#838939 Jan 14, 2013
Please file in the 'when free speech hurts a conservative its aOk' file...

'Home on Journal News gun list burglarized...'

http://www.jammiewf.com/2013/home-on-journal-...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#838940 Jan 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol from Orlando is all I need.
i rather like her new attitude.\\
Sure beats the tired, old racist version we've become so tired of.
You didn't know Carol chad a split personality, did you??
But hey, you were stupid enough to think Jimmy was me!!
ROFLMAO!!
Just because Carol has her own set of viewpoints that don't agree with your, doesn't mean she has a split personality.

Why do some of you people post SO irrationaly sometimes?

Ah wonduh...Has Jimmy pulled the cattails outa his mouth yet? Have the elected representatives of We the People, compiled a viable BUDGET yet, or figured out how to implement affordable healthcare (NOT fwee) for everyone, without robbinhoodieticwinking off the backs of the already broke back taxpayers yet? Has Duh A Vey figured out how to cap volcano's, in efforts to decrease global warming yet?

Muh guess would be...Probably not...such would Constitute GOOD uses of time, rather than just the usual of WASTING tax payer dollars!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838941 Jan 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Let's begin with the unfinished business of last week. There were two questions asked that nobody in the world has been able to answer, and nobody here on this site has answered. The closest anyone came to answering these questions was some link that gave a bunch of no-answers as to the location of Obama, and some other idiot gave the answer of the Treasury as a source of money.
Still, nobody knows where Obama was during the 7-hour battle between the United States and Al Qaeda, and still nobody knows where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government.
The Treasure isn't a source of money. The Treasury is a repository. Additionally, the Treasury is 16.5 TRILLION dollars in debt. There isn't any money there, anyway.
So, let's begin with the questions:
Where exactly was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the United States in Banghazi while the battle was being watched on a live feed in the White House?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
I'll be out of the ocuntry for a week or so, maybe only 5 days if everything goes well. I'll check the homework of you ignorant clowns when I get back. You ignorant Democrats, try not to fuck things up too much while the grownups are away.
answered many times. you just don't like reality.

isn't birtherism dead yet? i mean like literally.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#838942 Jan 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using propaganda labels to indoctrinate people with your poorly described ideas. Let's look into your ideas a little further....
What "fundamental change" are you Democrats promoting?
Fundamental Change number ONE -_________
Fundamental Change number TWO -_________
etc., etc., etc.
Care to put some actual substance into your propaganda bullshit?
If you've been paying attention to events over the past, oh, say, 8 years, you'd know Obama doesn't have a clue about what happens in government.
How about we start with Obama standing immediately behind Christopher Dodd's shoulder in the photo op of the Democrats threatening to fillibister the re-instatement of the Glass Steagall Act. Now, compare that with the statement from Obama immediately after he is inaugurated in 2008 when he states explicitly that "The Glass Steagall Act needs to be re-instated."
He begins his presidency demonstrating to you that he doesn't have a clue what he's been doing in government.
Then we have him sabotaging the US Navy's attempt to free an American from Samali pirates, and forcing a captain of a US Navy ship to disobey direct orders from the White House to save an American from Samali pirates.
Then we have him giving the Queen of England a goddam ipod with him reading from a teleprompter on it as a state gift. Holy shit. How ignorant can you get?
Then we have him declaring himself and all of his subjects to be the subjects of a monarch that rules over a religious kingdom where women are held in sexual slavery and exist for the sole purpose of breeding.
Then we have him shouting over the royal band when they begin playing "God Save the Queen", being so ignorant he doesn't know it has the same score as the American patriotic song "Let Freedom Ring", and obviously objecting to what he ignorantly thinks is the royal band playing an American patriotic tribute to him.
Then we have him ignorantly calling the Cambridge police stupid.
And this is just his first year.
Now, Obama, SUPPOSEDLY being a constitutional lawyer,(who has never even passed the bar or even seen the inside of a court room as a lawyer) being ignorant of the constitutional fact that an executive order only has authority within the Executive Branch of government.
Obama is a candidate for being the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on human society in the history or civilization.
And you think a clown like this is in charge of anything in government?
Perhaps if this were a village in Nigeria, that may be the a possible case. It is unlikely that the country that lifted the entire world out of the stone age is governmed by people that ignorant or stupid.
Thus, Obama is nothing more than an Uncle Tom puppet. He's not in charge of anything. He's nothing more than a virtual cardboard cutout commercial to make it appear as if someone's actually president. If you recall from the book, Uncle Tom was very popular with the black folks.
Texas on points -largese stuhaisle lol.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838943 Jan 14, 2013
Appropriate job for big NRA backer

It’s only fitting that the NRA’s biggest tool in Florida is a funeral director.

He is Rep. Dennis Baxley, an Ocala Republican who does whatever the gun lobby wants.

Three days after the slaughter of first-graders in Newtown, Conn., Baxley made national headlines by suggesting that weapons should be carried by employees at public schools.

Said he:“In our zealousness to protect people from harm we’ve created all these gun-free zones, and what we’ve inadvertently done is we’ve made them a target. A helpless target is exactly what a deranged person is looking for where they cannot be stopped.”

So that’s the problem. It’s not crackpots with Bushmasters, it’s those darn gun-free zones.

And since a brain-free zone usually encircles Florida’s Legislature, count on some eager-beaver lawmaker to follow up on Baxley’s idea of arming teachers, coaches, maybe even cafeteria workers.

You might be wondering what kind of a person would advocate saturating our schools with loaded firearms. How about a grandfather of eight who lists his hobbies as fishing, reading and “listening to Gospel music”?

Rock on, Dennis. Nearer my Glock to thee!

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/12/3178504...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#838944 Jan 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting for you to tell us where Bush got his.
Oh Wait, That doesn't matter that Bush doubled the debt, left office with the worst recession in 80 years, a near financial collapse & two quagmire wars.
Its all that evil communist, Marxist, socialist & numerous other "ists" Obama's fault.
You right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
You keep telling us that its all Boehner's fault these past two years, Why the f*ck not ask Boehner where he got his money.
Where was Romney Ryan going to get their's. You didn't care when you voted for them.
For the ignorant dupes here, you being the leading candidate, Bush never signed an executive order giving instructions outside the Executive Branch of government. It never happened.
If you disagree, reference the executive order and provide the text within that is the instructions to entities or elements outside the Executive Branch of government.

... got a problem with that, don't you? That's because it never happened.

What you clowns are trying to do is institute a fascist dictatorship where the furher Obama can write his own laws to suit his whim.
Ain't gonna happen.

Now, how about you giving us the text of those executive orders that you mentioned, and tell us how they violated existing laws and/or the Constitution,...
thus giving Obama the ability to write executive orders violating existing laws and the Constitution.

No American citizen is obligated to obey any command/instruction/requiremen t/restriction from the government that isn't issued in the form of a law passed in accordance with the Constitution. The president is prohibited by the Constitution from issuing edicts to the population. That's the type of tyranical government we fought a war to free ourselves from. You'll have to fight and win a war to take that away from the American people. They've become used to the idea of not being anyone's subjects. They like limited government, and don't like the fascist dictatorship you Democrats have in mind for them.

When Obama signs an executive order writing his own whim into law, it won't be worth the paper it is written on, because....

No American citizen is obligated to obey any command/instruction/requiremen t/restriction from the government that isn't issued in the form of a law passed in accordance with the Constitution.

You first have to eliminate the Constitution and install a fascist dictatorship to make that happen.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#838945 Jan 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Let's begin with the unfinished business of last week. There were two questions asked that nobody in the world has been able to answer, and nobody here on this site has answered. The closest anyone came to answering these questions was some link that gave a bunch of no-answers as to the location of Obama, and some other idiot gave the answer of the Treasury as a source of money.
Still, nobody knows where Obama was during the 7-hour battle between the United States and Al Qaeda, and still nobody knows where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government.
The Treasure isn't a source of money. The Treasury is a repository. Additionally, the Treasury is 16.5 TRILLION dollars in debt. There isn't any money there, anyway.
So, let's begin with the questions:
Where exactly was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the United States in Banghazi while the battle was being watched on a live feed in the White House?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
I'll be out of the ocuntry for a week or so, maybe only 5 days if everything goes well. I'll check the homework of you ignorant clowns when I get back. You ignorant Democrats, try not to fuck things up too much while the grownups are away.
We have other unanswered questions from last week:
Look up Article III of the U.S. Constitution. You will find, in part: The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court..... As a strict constitutionalist do you recognize the hypocrisy in your rant against the Supreme Court?
You also didn't answer the question, WHO would you shoot with the assault weapon you claim to need to protect yourself from the constitutionally elected government? Police? National Guardsmen? Military?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#838946 Jan 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Mar 2011 about the uprisings in Tunisia /Libya/Egypt.
and the multitudes of varying herd packs now vieing for political control thereof.

Man, the civil law stuff over there sounds horrific!

Yow. Not enough psychiatrics on humane humanity help or something.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#838947 Jan 14, 2013
Call it gun murder, not ‘gun violence’
We need to develop more vivid, more persuasive -- and lasting -- language to talk about the scourge

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/call-gun-m...

a failed right wing blogger trick. though if real people do it it might stick.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#838948 Jan 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
answered many times. you just don't like reality.
isn't birtherism dead yet? i mean like literally.
You seem to not be able to answer the questions.
To answer the first question, all you have to do is type in a location.
To answer the second question, all you have to do is type in a source of money.
I'm assuming your keyboard has the necessary symbols to type in a location and a source of money in the English language, dufus.

I'll help you. Here's the post you've been running away from for a week now:

Let's begin with the unfinished business of last week. There were two questions asked that nobody in the world has been able to answer, and nobody here on this site has answered. The closest anyone came to answering these questions was some link that gave a bunch of no-answers as to the location of Obama, and some other idiot gave the answer of the Treasury as a source of money.
Still, nobody knows where Obama was during the 7-hour battle between the United States and Al Qaeda, and still nobody knows where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government.
The Treasure isn't a source of money. The Treasury is a repository. Additionally, the Treasury is 16.5 TRILLION dollars in debt. There isn't any money there, anyway.
So, let's begin with the questions:
Where exactly was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the United States in Banghazi while the battle was being watched on a live feed in the White House?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
I'll be out of the ocuntry for a week or so, maybe only 5 days if everything goes well. I'll check the homework of you ignorant clowns when I get back. You ignorant Democrats, try not to fuck things up too much while the grownups are away.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#838949 Jan 14, 2013
Fiscal cliff????

Save money...use it to help the needy!!!!!!

47%'ers!!!!!!

'Quincy Store owner, 21 others charged in connection with state EBT fraud investigation'

http://www.mass.gov/ago/news-and-updates/pres...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min IB DaMann 54,581
News Owner of York County pipe/tobacco lounge arrest... (Nov '13) 20 hr Martin garey 11
Nasty girls (Feb '13) 21 hr Martin garey 17
News Hampton officer assaulted trying to arrest man ... Tue Call sign 3
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) Tue LOVE Wins 11
News Meet Virginia's Rising RBLE Crew: Ced Hughes, A... Tue Wayne 1
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) Aug 31 Martin garey 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages