Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#809862 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Democrats are the party of activism, the party that says government can make you richer and smarter.
Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then get elected and prove it. Just look at the do nothing US Congress.
"brown eyes"
The do nothing congress? You are speaking of the democrat dominated senate? You know the body that is sitting on 30+ bills passed by the house?
Peace
KMA
robme

United States

#809863 Nov 22, 2012
get over it losers the good always win over evil.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809864 Nov 22, 2012
Not Real Sure wrote:
<quoted text>Put this in a pipe and smoke it..... Democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those who do not.....Thomas Jefferson
Search: for the phrase "Democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those who do not" within All items

Your search yielded no results.

http://etext.virginia.edu/etcbin/ot2www-foley...
Not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

#809865 Nov 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the only divides in America that's growing is the one between the very rich and the very poor (now at its greatest since 1967). And as Bill Kristol (of all people!) has pointed out, Obama won two elections promising to narrow that divide. If Republicans are surprised that the viciously capitalist America of their imagination instead truly desires to "spread the wealth around", I'm even more surprised that people aren't angrier that Obama hasn't done more to make that happen.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...
So what you think if I am correct, Give to those that contribute nothing...so they will have something ???? I am pretty sure ,what has been said .....and I have no problem with....Is that helping the people that contribute ,rise to a better level , not give to those that have no wish to contribute...thats the problem ,not helping those that wish not to....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809866 Nov 22, 2012
no war 4 israel USA 1st wrote:
<quoted text>you must be a mutt .
Out of 300 000 000 Americans only 1.5 are mutts . I mean what white man whould want to have a kind with black woman ?? The kid wouldn't look like him . Just look at Obama and his grandparents . He doesn't look anything like them .
http://www.obama-mccain.info/shared/images/ob...
yeah. mutt. American Indian. and it's Thanksgiving. hit this peace pipe and chill out.
Not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

#809868 Nov 22, 2012
BTW New Mexico is one of the poorest and obscure states in US . Most people there aren't whites but mexicans and whatnot ..
\Wow...you made my point exactly...thats why it voted for Obama...The actual people that do work...voted for Romney....just are not enough of us....
Not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

#809870 Nov 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Search: for the phrase "Democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those who do not" within All items
Your search yielded no results.
http://etext.virginia.edu/etcbin/ot2www-foley...
obviously you do not know how to GOOGLE,,,,Go To THOMAS JEFFERSON QUOTES ....I'm sure even you will be able to locate it
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809871 Nov 22, 2012
The "conservative entertainment complex" is still reeling from the reality bomb that went off on election day, an explosion with a mushroom cloud wide enough to cast a shadow over all of the GOP's 2016 hopefuls. It destroyed Mitt Romney's credibility and wounded Karl Rove's pride. About the only conservative structure to survive intact was Donald Trump's hair – and to be fair, entertainers such as Trump have no interest, yet, in changing their weirdly comforting (to some) message about voter fraud and the "food stamp president".

On the other hand, the party's leaders and spokespeople, official and self-designated, are shellshocked, concerned primarily with distancing themselves from the fallout, but without a new direction. GOP politicians engaged in tandem bike back-pedalling from Romney's reliably tone-deaf post-election analysis of mass vote-buying, but can't seem to accept the idea that Obama's victory was based on anything but some form cheating: he sat on the Petraeus scandal (according to the GOP chairman of the House intelligence committee); too many people got to vote (Paul Ryan's coded rationalization about the "urban" constituency); and, of course, "the media did it" (see this complaint about "partisan fact-checking" – I guess facts have parties now?).

Patriot

Denver, CO

#809872 Nov 22, 2012
Soetoro/Obama to Hold Private Swear-in Ceremony for Second 'Presidential' Term

Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution was not put in place to be taken lightly. This is literally the frontline defense when it comes to warding off a foreign terrorist from gaining control of the helm of the United States of America.

A potential foreign terrorist grabbing full control of the nuclear button, the entire U.S. military, all government employees, soldiers, and assets and access to print trillions in fiat currency and/or give trillions bailouts to private interests, terror cells, and just plain comrades of a possible global crime syndicate via the Federal Reserve Bank; sounds important in my opinion.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/11/...

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2010/08/3...

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/11/21/27370...
Not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

#809873 Nov 22, 2012
<quoted text>sh*t !! You are not even from America !! You are NOT American ! a beaner !
You have more Mexicans in Chicago then in the whole state of new mexico......the beans (you call Them)are not the only problem with your city
Not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

#809874 Nov 22, 2012
NOT CUTE TOOLOO wrote:
<quoted text>
Thom was a slaver who f***ed at least one of his underage slaves, you simple-minded c**t!
You sound like you may be a decedent from that encounter !!!
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

#809875 Nov 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah. mutt. American Indian. and it's Thanksgiving. hit this peace pipe and chill out.
yeah , your're right .Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family
Not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

#809876 Nov 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The "conservative entertainment complex" is still reeling from the reality bomb that went off on election day, an explosion with a mushroom cloud wide enough to cast a shadow over all of the GOP's 2016 hopefuls. It destroyed Mitt Romney's credibility and wounded Karl Rove's pride. About the only conservative structure to survive intact was Donald Trump's hair – and to be fair, entertainers such as Trump have no interest, yet, in changing their weirdly comforting (to some) message about voter fraud and the "food stamp president".
On the other hand, the party's leaders and spokespeople, official and self-designated, are shellshocked, concerned primarily with distancing themselves from the fallout, but without a new direction. GOP politicians engaged in tandem bike back-pedalling from Romney's reliably tone-deaf post-election analysis of mass vote-buying, but can't seem to accept the idea that Obama's victory was based on anything but some form cheating: he sat on the Petraeus scandal (according to the GOP chairman of the House intelligence committee); too many people got to vote (Paul Ryan's coded rationalization about the "urban" constituency); and, of course, "the media did it" (see this complaint about "partisan fact-checking" – I guess facts have parties now?).
Oh a bomb went off alright , The destruction of our country...
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#809879 Nov 22, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>He has never lived the life of a african american youth ,much less embraced them [or the whites for that matter] thats what happens when you are mulatto , you see when you are half and half you can never be whole.
Bob Marley was a mulatto and so is Halle Berry.
mulatto is a nickname for a person of mixed heritage can be construed as racist as the insecure people who try to force people to identify as one or the other, as if society is really that black and white.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809880 Nov 22, 2012
Not Real Sure wrote:
<quoted text>So what you think if I am correct, Give to those that contribute nothing...so they will have something ???? I am pretty sure ,what has been said .....and I have no problem with....Is that helping the people that contribute ,rise to a better level , not give to those that have no wish to contribute...thats the problem ,not helping those that wish not to....

Erick Erickson:

Every person who talks and writes about politics gets stuff wrong. I’ve gotten my fair share wrong. But what I think I got most wrong in Campaign 2012 was the damage Mitt Romney’s “47%” remark would do to him.

It may seem obvious, but bear with me.

Mitt Romney was talking off the cuff to a supposedly off the record group of donors and muddled several data points together, ultimately telling the tale of the 47% who won’t vote for him for any reason. He was referencing the 47% who don’t pay taxes and interwove it with a 47% of locked in Obama support. The statement was a mess.

I didn’t think Mitt Romney would be as hurt by the statement as he was because I assumed Romney had misspoken in an off the cuff way. I assumed Romney would clarify that he knew many of those who have government assistance did not actually want the assistance, but needed it. I assumed he’d make the case that he’d help those people get off the government dole and back into work.

In other words, I assumed Romney believed what I believe — many of those people are good people who fell on hard times and are not of the same class of people who will vote for Barack Obama for free stuff. I was absolutely wrong. Romney not only believes completely what he said as he said it, he reinforced it with his post election analysis of his defeat blaming gifts to various classes of people. If that was true, as Newt Gingrich pointed out, Romney had plenty to gift to plenty strapped to the back of marching elephants.

Note to Mitt Romney: really, it’s you, not them. Seriously.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/20/ronald-rea...
RUSH10ME

Keysville, VA

#809881 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Bob Marley was a mulatto and so is Halle Berry.
mulatto is a nickname for a person of mixed heritage can be construed as racist as the insecure people who try to force people to identify as one or the other, as if society is really that black and white.
A pot head and an x hooker ,wow you people really aim high Huh .
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

#809882 Nov 22, 2012
Not Real Sure wrote:
<quoted text>You have more Mexicans in Chicago then in the whole state of new mexico......the beans (you call Them)are not the only problem with your city
Your state is named after Mexicans and or Mexico . I mean come on !

BTW where i live there are hardly any Mexicans or minorities for that matter . You never traveled anywhere did you
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

#809883 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Bob Marley was a mulatto and so is Halle Berry.
mulattoes dont look white . 1/5 of a negro or a Mongol(Asian Latino) in you makes you a Negro /Latino/Asian
Not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

#809884 Nov 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Erick Erickson:
Every person who talks and writes about politics gets stuff wrong. I’ve gotten my fair share wrong. But what I think I got most wrong in Campaign 2012 was the damage Mitt Romney’s “47%” remark would do to him.
It may seem obvious, but bear with me.
Mitt Romney was talking off the cuff to a supposedly off the record group of donors and muddled several data points together, ultimately telling the tale of the 47% who won’t vote for him for any reason. He was referencing the 47% who don’t pay taxes and interwove it with a 47% of locked in Obama support. The statement was a mess.
I didn’t think Mitt Romney would be as hurt by the statement as he was because I assumed Romney had misspoken in an off the cuff way. I assumed Romney would clarify that he knew many of those who have government assistance did not actually want the assistance, but needed it. I assumed he’d make the case that he’d help those people get off the government dole and back into work.
In other words, I assumed Romney believed what I believe — many of those people are good people who fell on hard times and are not of the same class of people who will vote for Barack Obama for free stuff. I was absolutely wrong. Romney not only believes completely what he said as he said it, he reinforced it with his post election analysis of his defeat blaming gifts to various classes of people. If that was true, as Newt Gingrich pointed out, Romney had plenty to gift to plenty strapped to the back of marching elephants.
Note to Mitt Romney: really, it’s you, not them. Seriously.
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/20/ronald-rea...
He was 100% correct....but it is way more then 47%
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809885 Nov 22, 2012
Not Real Sure wrote:
<quoted text>Oh a bomb went off alright , The destruction of our country...
Is that on the 22nd of this month? That's what FOX said. And oh Lord we all know what that means; buy more guns!

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Earthling-1 46,653
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) 21 hr Tora 267
james Arthur Segura Tue Jett 50
Isle of Wight schools to post 'In God We Trust'... Tue Hamptonian 8
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) Tue Teresa Setser 2,306
Hampton looks for more math teachers Sep 13 Thompson 6
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hampton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hampton
•••