Habitat for Humanity builds home in NN

Habitat for Humanity builds home in NN

There are 47 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jul 24, 2007, titled Habitat for Humanity builds home in NN. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Habitat for Humanity has partnered with Wal-Mart regional stores and Pepsi Bottling Group to build a home for a Newport News family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
stepanie

Clayton, NC

#45 Jul 30, 2012
HFH Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim,
Perhaps you should read up on your facts before voicing such an ignorant opinion about families who deserve to own a home as much as the next person. These homeowners have credit that is probably better than your own (it's REQUIRED to have $0 collections and a low debt/income ratio). Habitat for Humanity homes are not given away; they are SOLD at cost with zero interest to low-income families who cannot afford the $150k and up houses on the market.
So, Jim, these families have in fact "gotten off their lazy asses, saved money and purchased a house" just like the rest of us.
READ UP ON FACTS !!!!!!!!!!
Are you for real how about just experience reality. Who needs propaganda. Damn where did you get your "facts" google "Negative habitat stats" 999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999900123456789999 found then try "possitive habitat stats" "2" items found. the whole world is wrong except for habitat sponsered "facts" and your ignorant crackhouse building friends that deduct the work from their taxes. They built 5 crackhouses on my street before they finished the fifth the freaking siding was melted & hanging off the first one because the brillant SOB that doesnt Know who her babies daddy is didnt Know not to put grill so lose to siding.been there a year has yet to mow lawn.what you think it'll look like in another year.I bet that piece of S@#$% will be a real show place with soaring property values according to your facts(P.S. i just discribed 10 out of ten habitat houses who needs YOUR Facts!!!!!!!!!!
Joe

Virginia Beach, VA

#46 Jul 30, 2012
stepanie wrote:
<quoted text>
READ UP ON FACTS !!!!!!!!!!
Are you for real how about just experience reality. Who needs propaganda. Damn where did you get your "facts" google "Negative habitat stats" 999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999900123456789999 found then try "possitive habitat stats" "2" items found. the whole world is wrong except for habitat sponsered "facts" and your ignorant crackhouse building friends that deduct the work from their taxes. They built 5 crackhouses on my street before they finished the fifth the freaking siding was melted & hanging off the first one because the brillant SOB that doesnt Know who her babies daddy is didnt Know not to put grill so lose to siding.been there a year has yet to mow lawn.what you think it'll look like in another year.I bet that piece of S@#$% will be a real show place with soaring property values according to your facts(P.S. i just discribed 10 out of ten habitat houses who needs YOUR Facts!!!!!!!!!!
Check our what this clown says"They deserve a home"! That about sums it up. Heres some cold facts! The contractors involved could care less about these scumbags! Its self serving,as its good advertisement and makes their business look good. Other volunteers are there for self serving reasons as well.I once saw some navy guys working on one of these crack dens, I asked one guy why he is involved with this? He answered he got in trouble on base and it was his community service. Answer this? How come you never see a black volunteering to help build one of these places? or any other race besides stupid, whites with self guilt!
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#47 Jul 30, 2012
Or Neighbohood Watch?
stepanie

Louisburg, NC

#48 Aug 8, 2012
What up wrote:
Has Habitat for Humanity ever given a house to a white family?
A TOKEN FAMILY MAYBE.

I just wish I Knew Were All this "SAFE" and affordable housing is they are so proud of building.Every one in this entire country locks their doors and shoots back just to drive past these S@#$T holes they keep producing
Big Jizzy

Hampton, VA

#49 Aug 8, 2012
Crime is down 7%. Not really. I had them change burglary reports to damage reports. It looks better. I had them change rape reports to sexual assault reports. It looks better. I had them change maiming reports to simple assault reports. It looks better.
stephanie

United States

#50 Feb 18, 2013
VA Man wrote:
In light of all the violence going on in Southeast Newport News why doesn't humanity built homes in other areas of Newport News. Just how much of a blessing is it to put a family in the middle of all that violence and gun play downtown
Habitat for humanity I da one that's blessed at the bank.
stephanie

United States

#51 Feb 18, 2013
janittia wrote:
I THINK THAT THE HABITAT FOR HUMANITY IS TRULLY A BLESSING TO MANY FAMILIES. GOD
BLESS YOU
This is the kind of things you will HEAR about habitat for humanity its amazing!!!!!where are people like this when the county needs to raise money to tear down this crime ridden slum/or need more money for more police protection./or even to help council the children born into this degradation??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Alfred the early ... 59,537
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min John Galt 1,383,811
Jessica Davis Grafton Station Apartments 12 hr Tommy 1
Dare Elementary School 1995-1998 Grafton Statio... 12 hr Tommy 1
News Facebook Feedback for Saturday, Oct. 22 from Da... (Oct '11) Sat martin garey 18
DEFEND our BORDERS Fri ILLEGALS GANGS CA... 1
News Three arrested in connection with Williamsburg ... (Jul '10) May 26 martin garey 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages