Two people shot in Newport News overn...

Two people shot in Newport News overnight

There are 140 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Apr 30, 2008, titled Two people shot in Newport News overnight. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Newport News police are investigating an overnight shooting on Hustings Lane near Old Courthouse Way in the Denbigh section of the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#122 May 2, 2008
Luuccy wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE! The 'special programs' were homework when you got home from school (and it was checked), starting dinner, ensuring your room was clean, church on Wednedsay night. church on Sunday, ect. Those were the 'programs' we had. The vast majority of us turned out to be productive members of society who do not allow capers to be cut from our children, and if we can't be home for some reason we ensure they have someone responsible watching them, and as they have gotten older the neighbors keep their eyes and ears out.
That's how I was raised. I even grew up in Beechmont..

“I HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO”

Newport News VA

#123 May 2, 2008
NIKI in NN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how I was raised. I even grew up in Beechmont..
AND you have turned out to be a responsible,productive adult. All it takes is parenting, setting standards and letting your children know what is expected and then when/if they boof up hold them accountable. Of course first you have to want your children and love them to be able to effectively do any of the other.

Newport News, VA

#124 May 2, 2008
Luuccy wrote:
<quoted text>
AND you have turned out to be a responsible,productive adult. All it takes is parenting, setting standards and letting your children know what is expected and then when/if they boof up hold them accountable. Of course first you have to want your children and love them to be able to effectively do any of the other.
Amen to that.
ImMoreThanThat

Newport News, VA

#125 May 2, 2008
Luuccy wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren’t you just a plethora of sunshine?
It use to be that the only real crime in Newport News was in the 'Southeast Community', now it's migrated to Denbigh and appears to be settling in.
I can assure you that if crime comes knocking on my door it will not end well.
How would you suggest I 'put up' because you can bet your next few paychecks that I will not "SHUT THE HE** UP" on what I think, feel, or believe to be the truth.
Do the F*** as you please but bet this, IF you think for a fraction of a second that you offend me, think again. APieces of sh** like you come a dime a dozen and I reiterate what I said before crime knows "NO" bounds and you better get your house in order. For the sound of things, you're not ready and that's sad. Better you than me a**hole. Next time you want to pull up on somebody, pick a person that is ignorant and vile such as yourself.
Cheapshots

Newport News, VA

#126 May 2, 2008
Luuccy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound like you and Niki have the same qualities. Section 8 clients and a sh** load of crumb snatchers living off of taxpayer money. Who died and left either of you mother of the year? Mind your business and stop causing trouble. It might come back to haunt you in the long run...Go clean your nasty house up or bathe.Da**!!!

Newport News VA

#127 May 2, 2008
ImMoreThanThat wrote:
<quoted text>Do the F*** as you please but bet this, IF you think for a fraction of a second that you offend me, think again. APieces of sh** like you come a dime a dozen and I reiterate what I said before crime knows "NO" bounds and you better get your house in order. For the sound of things, you're not ready and that's sad. Better you than me a**hole. Next time you want to pull up on somebody, pick a person that is ignorant and vile such as yourself.
If you got your tail off your shoulders for one minute you would realize that it is not my goal to offend anyone.

We are prepared if criminals come to my door and or my neighborhood, and as I stated before we're ready and it will not end well.

With the language you are spewing all over the place I dare say your vocabulary is limited, so is your thought process, thus making you exactly what you have called me.

Newport News VA

#128 May 2, 2008
Cheapshots wrote:
<quoted text>Sound like you and Niki have the same qualities. Section 8 clients and a sh** load of crumb snatchers living off of taxpayer money. Who died and left either of you mother of the year? Mind your business and stop causing trouble. It might come back to haunt you in the long run...Go clean your nasty house up or bathe.Da**!!!
Assume much! You could not be futher off base about me if you tried.

Newport News, VA

#129 May 2, 2008
Cheapshots wrote:
<quoted text>Sound like you and Niki have the same qualities. Section 8 clients and a sh** load of crumb snatchers living off of taxpayer money. Who died and left either of you mother of the year? Mind your business and stop causing trouble. It might come back to haunt you in the long run...Go clean your nasty house up or bathe.Da**!!!
LOL, I haven't judged anyone. Hope you have a good day.
Wild Wild East End

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#130 May 2, 2008
ImMoreThanThat wrote:
<quoted text>Do the F*** as you please but bet this, IF you think for a fraction of a second that you offend me, think again. APieces of sh** like you come a dime a dozen and I reiterate what I said before crime knows "NO" bounds and you better get your house in order. For the sound of things, you're not ready and that's sad. Better you than me a**hole. Next time you want to pull up on somebody, pick a person that is ignorant and vile such as yourself.
You have removed all doubt as to the quality of you character! A direct reflection of your upbringing no doubt. Pull up on this ... I guess you mother's pimp must not have been the baby's daddy or you might not be so bitter. Get over yourself Dill Wad!!!
Wild Wild East End

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#131 May 2, 2008
Cheapshots wrote:
Sounds like you have the qualities of a no account scum sucking coward. Who died and left you forum Nazi, Crack head. Get a life and stop harassing normal people. Just because you are all jacked up does not mean you have to take it out on those you are jealous of. Schmack Head!!!

Newport News, VA

#132 May 2, 2008
Wild Wild East End wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have the qualities of a no account scum sucking coward. Who died and left you forum Nazi, Crack head. Get a life and stop harassing normal people. Just because you are all jacked up does not mean you have to take it out on those you are jealous of. Schmack Head!!!
Thanks, Wild ;)

Newport News VA

#133 May 2, 2008
Wild Wild East End wrote:
<quoted text>
:-) I think I love you! Thanks WWW, your my hero.
run rabbit run

Brooklyn, NY

#134 May 2, 2008
coon hunting time
Give me a break

Virginia Beach, VA

#135 May 2, 2008
I am not going to argue with someone who obviously doesn't have a clue! If you did you would know that if they accused a ham sandwich of the same thing they would get an indictment. If you had a clue you would know they don't have jack. If you had a clue you would know the female accuser has done this on more than one occasion. If you had a clue then you would know that CSIG kept things quiet when they were out here. If you had a clue you would know about the number of incidents they stopped while they worked out here. It sounds like you are either former employee that was fired or an employee of another company that didn't get the contract!

I would tell you to do your homework before showing your lack of intelligence, but that would simply cause you to continue ranting and raving about things that you don't have a clue on!

You need not respond-I won't respond to you again.
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh whatever, there was a grand jury indictment againist the owner. I won't write his name here, but there is plenty evidence so face it the man is going to be found guilty or will accept a plea of some sort.
Stop trying to put a plug in for CSI. They couldn't find there way out of a paperbag. Courthouse Greens in not in this situation because CSIG stopped guarding them; there are shootings happening because of deeper social issues.
I wouldn't let CSI/CSIG guard my dog's house!
Stinky Lomax

Newport News, VA

#136 May 2, 2008
Better be carefuk the way you talk or someday we'll be reading about you in the paper.
ImMoreThanThat wrote:

DHM

“Gotta Love Dave....”

Since: Jan 08

Hampton

#137 May 5, 2008
Geraldo wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem here. The subjects of this article are 18. They are legal adults and NOT children. Yes, a bad upbringing and bad parenting brought them where they are today.
Now they are both 18 and 10 pm is pointless. They are allowed to be out working or playing 24/7, legal to sell alcohol and guns.
They are now our problem and will be dealt with by their critical peers for what their parents failed to deal with last year. I repeat, they are not children.
No, and they shouldn't be treated like children, either. I expect, and get more from my 9 year old.

DHM

“Gotta Love Dave....”

Since: Jan 08

Hampton

#138 May 5, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not home at 10PM because no one cares about them. They are one of several children. Many of these children do not have clean clothes, hot meals, or any adult role models.
Yes, blame the young parent or absent father, but know that does nothing to solve the problem.
Does then the possibility that they do not have clean clothes make it okay to commit crimes? Does that make it excusable? There are so many churches and there are food banks, shelters, there is always someone to help - but they've got to seek it out . It's a choice of right and wrong, and almost everyone knows in their heart the difference.
newport news

Chesapeake Beach, MD

#139 Jun 8, 2008
newport news is not ghetto yes some parts are a little but with only 22 homicides that is not ghetto to me in prince georges county, maryland there was about 150 homicides that is pretty bad yes there are problems no doubt about thAT and there is crime but not to the real ghetto. In washington dc there was almost 200 at one point i think in the coming years newport news will really turn actual ghetto but until then it just isnt that ghetto to me but im only one opinion out of 180,000 people
Maclom Generation X

Philadelphia, PA

#140 Sep 9, 2012
Everybody speaking on how bad the community is, but if someone was to give the community something to utilies it would be a better place to live.I grew up all over Newport News from downtown to uptown and seen why the community is like how it is.The city doesn't hire felons,is one reason why the community is over loaded with drugs kids being put on to the life style of criminal.Even If I wanted to make a political stand my past would still be judge even though that was a younger me.Just the other week I was sprayed with mass by Newport News Police the called me black m.f.s and black B's.So you can't say its just the people in the community.Police job is to protect and serve they rather fight with citzens and get away with it. If you give the ones who use to a criminal life a chance you would see a difference in the city.And you can never say Denbigh is the new southeast when everybody is getting pushed up there by the Commealth officials because Donnell Trump wants to by up land.Now ya'll think about that!
Gunny

Hampton, VA

#141 Sep 10, 2012
GX= We make decisions based on our selfishness and when we have to live with the results of our past decisions we complain that we should be given this or that. You are owed nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,406,390
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 60,674
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) 15 hr Jackson H 812
News New fishing pier opens in Newport News (Jul '08) Fri Mr Disbelief 47
Hampton Now 😶 Thu Jackson 10
York County INSIDER - disgruntled people (Sep '08) Jul 27 J TYLER 194
News Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Jul 24 TheGambler 12

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages