Newport News, VA

#1 Mar 26, 2014
There is a City Council Election in May. Because of the way the City is currently governed, it is dying. Only a mad man would invest here with the current City Council. Taxes are too high and we don't get the services they warrant. In this election, I support:

1. Frank Ottofaro for mayor. Remember George Wallace sued the City and he was made mayor? What kind of logic is that?

2. Donnie Tuck. In a council full of spendthrifts and a bureaucracy both in City Hall and the School Board that is more interested in their jobs than providing services to the citizenry, he is apparently the only one who knows the value of money.

3. Theresa Schmidt. She is also a Conservative when it comes to money.

If you want value received, vote for them. If you want a contiuation of venal government, then stay home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,441,886
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Into The Night 61,768
Review: DRS Fantom Works (Jul '13) 17 hr Yoursoawesome 90
News NC sheriff's 'trashy Mexicans' remark brings qu... (Oct '08) 19 hr Drip9272 983
News New fishing pier opens in Newport News (Jul '08) Oct 20 Bossman 48
News Are your silver fillings dangerous? (Jun '08) Oct 20 daniel_wyatt 71
Looking for Bonnie Pasquino Oct 19 Ben 2

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages