13 arrested in string of burglaries

13 arrested in string of burglaries

There are 141 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jul 28, 2008, titled 13 arrested in string of burglaries. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Poquoson police have arrested nine men and four juveniles in connection to a string of city burglaries over the last six months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#1 Jul 29, 2008
Time to run these punks out of town!
CeeDee - Yorktown

AOL

#2 Jul 29, 2008
Way to go PPD!
da skins

Newport News, VA

#3 Jul 29, 2008
yep, run'em out of town right to the jail house. Rich little Poquoson punks with to much time on their hands.
Jimmy P wrote:
Time to run these punks out of town!
oh my

Hustle, VA

#4 Jul 29, 2008
say it ain't so!!! Poquoson doesn't have any crime. All of these kids look like a bunch of low life red necks. Lock em up!
Resident Bob

Norfolk, VA

#5 Jul 29, 2008
So....whats the difference between a "Punk" and a "Thug", if they commit the same crimes?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6 Jul 29, 2008
Resident Bob wrote:
So....whats the difference between a "Punk" and a "Thug", if they commit the same crimes?
nothing
faithful watcher

Huntsville, AL

#7 Jul 29, 2008
People that have so many things going for them and to think they have to become thieves. Give them the maximum penalty allowed and then as part of their punishment have them pick up trash wearing a sign that says ' I am a thief' so everyone that passes them will know. I bet their families are proud of them. Their crimes have really shaken that little town so it affects a lot of people not just them.
There is no excuse for them.
Keeping it real

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jul 29, 2008
There is a difference between punk and thug. The latter uses a gun in connection with the crime. That said, there is no difference in a criminal no matter the race. These pieces of crap should be placed in stocks for all the passing public to see and ridicule.
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#9 Jul 29, 2008
Resident Bob wrote:
A punk is a criminal committing property crimes. A thug is a criminal committing violent crimes. In any case, they should be locked up.
shag

King Of Prussia, PA

#10 Jul 29, 2008
Poquoson has it's own areas of white trash just like every other town or city ... Messick for example.
Clarice Starling

United States

#11 Jul 29, 2008
So very sad. They didn't have a community center growing up. Right HG? Bull Island's finest.
Justme

Norfolk, VA

#12 Jul 29, 2008
I just know that the writer made a mistake with the name of the city, he must have meant Phoebus, cause we all know that the Poquoson "Good Ole' Boy's" children would/could not commit a crime.
MsObservant

Hickory, NC

#13 Jul 29, 2008
CeeDee - Yorktown wrote:
Way to go PPD!
7 Months is a long time to gather evidence and make arrests.

I'm just wondering... if the Police started to investigate these burglaries in January, and they are just now making the arrests and it's almost August... is that such a good thing?

I wonder how many crimes would have been PREVENTED if some of these arrests were made months ago.
Jimmy P

Norfolk, VA

#14 Jul 29, 2008
Clarice Starling wrote:
So very sad. They didn't have a community center growing up. Right HG? Bull Island's finest.
Poquoson doesn't need the community center because these guys are killing each other. But these guys will be "taken care of". The Poquoson Bubba's will right the wrong.
justice for the rich

United States

#15 Jul 29, 2008
These spoiled youngsters will probally
never even go to jail. I look around poquoson and see nothing but lazy white folks who care for only themselves. You can buy cocaine and herion and all the weed you want from these children right here in this fine trashy city of poquoson. They are no different than any other town or city in this nation that houses the rich. This nation only provides liberty and justice for the rich. Poor
people don't have a chance in poquoson or any where in this sad nation.
da skins

Newport News, VA

#16 Jul 29, 2008
yep another fine job by the PPD - if their police forece weren't home asleep half the time then they could have arrest these POS's many months ago. Looks like the new police chief is right on top of things. Probably to busy guarding Whitehouse Cove.
MsObservant wrote:
<quoted text>
7 Months is a long time to gather evidence and make arrests.
I'm just wondering... if the Police started to investigate these burglaries in January, and they are just now making the arrests and it's almost August... is that such a good thing?
I wonder how many crimes would have been PREVENTED if some of these arrests were made months ago.
da skins

Newport News, VA

#17 Jul 29, 2008
your right the city officials are to busy keeping thing hush, hush cause they don't want their prestine little city to get a bad rep. I'm surprised they let WAVY TV 10 in last night or even allowed DP to print this article. there are probably more drugs and thugs in Poquoson than there is in the entire Peninsula. Just because their parents are rich and protected. Know what they say money tlaks BS walks.
justice for the rich wrote:
These spoiled youngsters will probally
never even go to jail. I look around poquoson and see nothing but lazy white folks who care for only themselves. You can buy cocaine and herion and all the weed you want from these children right here in this fine trashy city of poquoson. They are no different than any other town or city in this nation that houses the rich. This nation only provides liberty and justice for the rich. Poor
people don't have a chance in poquoson or any where in this sad nation.
NRedd

Saratoga, NC

#18 Jul 29, 2008
I am truly appalled & dumbfounded by the ignorance posted in the comments above...I was born and raised in Poquoson and although I no longer live there, I have to defend my hometown...first crime is crime no matter where it is commited but to assume because they are from Poquoson and that only rich people live there is applalling...I know some of these guys personally and money is not went steered them to crime...never having any direction their entire lives is the issue here and now they have turned to crime...being "rich" has nothing to do with it...I am pretty sure you can buy drugs of any kind, in any city in the US...All of you should reread what you have wrote, aren't you just as trashy for saying these things about a city or their people, very unfair!
NRedd

Saratoga, NC

#19 Jul 29, 2008
shag wrote:
Poquoson has it's own areas of white trash just like every other town or city ... Messick for example.
You are ignorant
MsObservant

Hickory, NC

#20 Jul 29, 2008
NRedd wrote:
crime is crime no matter where it is commited but to assume because they are from Poquoson and that only rich people live there is applalling...I know some of these guys personally and money is not went steered them to crime...never having any direction their entire lives is the issue here and now they have turned to crime...being "rich" has nothing to do with it...
What exactly are you saying? Are you trying to defend that Poquoson is NOT where the wealthier people on the Peninsula live?

Why is it Appalling to say that Rich people live in Poquoson... that is a compliment... actually... that is a FACT.

I've never heard someone defend the fact that their Hometown is known for being "Rich."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 62,314
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,458,229
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr YIM 7,942
News Williamsburg police increasing crosswalk patrols (Nov '08) 8 hr Ayers 3
I voted for Donald J. Trump 8 hr Ayers 1
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) Sat Squach 1,168
News Police: Alligator bites off 11-year-old boy's arm (Jul '08) Nov 27 LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 344
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) Nov 23 Ayers 830

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages