LED traffic signal lamps last longer,...

LED traffic signal lamps last longer, save money in Hampton Roads cities

There are 5 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Dec 17, 2013, titled LED traffic signal lamps last longer, save money in Hampton Roads cities. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Not long ago, if you opened the red, yellow or green lens of a traffic signal light in Newport News or Hampton , you would find a 135-watt incandescent bulb, like one you might use at home, set in a bowl-shaped reflector.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#1 Dec 18, 2013
Still kind of cranky that real estate taxes went up by ~20% this year...
So when city officials talk about saving taxpayer money.., not sure how that computes...
Serpico

Yorktown, VA

#2 Dec 19, 2013
Just buy 'photo blocker/clear and spray both plates' or use plastic and/or tinted plate covers.
This is not so you can hop lights but to fight the no due process of corruption.
Larry

Yorktown, VA

#3 Dec 21, 2013
Serpico wrote:
Just buy 'photo blocker/clear and spray both plates' or use plastic and/or tinted plate covers.
This is not so you can hop lights but to fight the no due process of corruption.
The Virginia Constitution requires 'Due Process' Red light tickets sent in the mail provides NO Due Process. Unconstitutional.
On Jefferson Ave too

Hayes, VA

#4 Dec 22, 2013
I seldom drive on the Peninsula, but had to recently - driving westbound - on Jefferson (west of Rich Neck Rd) in mid-morning.

I had a horrible time telling if the light was red, yellow or green! I thought it was the way the sun was shining on it!
I was afraid I'd be hit from behind (if no one else was slowing or stopping)- or from the side if 'my' light was red!!
I've never had that much trouble at traffic lights anywhere else!
I hope they get rid of those type of lights!
Code

Hampton, VA

#5 Jan 4, 2014
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>The Virginia Constitution requires 'Due Process' Red light tickets sent in the mail provides NO Due Process. Unconstitutional.
Virginia code requires 'due process.' The red lights are 100% unconstitutional as also stated in the U.S. Constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Aquarius-wy 1,483,379
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min mdbuilder 62,982
News Antique tags (May '07) Sat 76corvette 30
News Secret Service agrees to pay $24 million in rac... Jan 20 Ben Quick 7
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Jan 19 truth 7,994
News Man Pays Parking Ticket 60 Years Late (Aug '06) Jan 19 Suezanne 4
CFCMI Christian Church in Norfolk (Sep '08) Jan 17 Alex 27

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages