George Washington

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

They are the one to save our country and put people to work!!!!
No More Corporate Welfare

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Seriously? We've had Trickle Down Economics for over 10 years, the rich have had tax breaks all through the Reagan and Bush years, they had them again this round and when companies move factories to others countries tax payer picks up the moving tab. Where are those jobs? China? Mexico, Pakistan, Vietnam? Pick up an item next to you and see where it was made that will tell you were our jobs went.

Conservative businessmen always say they are too apprehensive to hire workers because of the debt but that didn't stop them from hiring int their factories overseas. Republicans would let the nation go over the Fiscal Cliff rather than tax billionaires more, or cut out their precious tax loop holes or end subsides to oil companies that make 7-11 billion in just one quarter. The Republicans blocked every attempt President Obama proposed to put American back to work. They campaigned on bringing back jobs, said it would be their #1 priority. Where was the Republican's job bills?

Electing a man who made his billions hiding money from the IRS and buying troubled companies to lay off workers then flip them for a profit is a person who will sell us out to the highest bidder, I promise you.

From 1980 to 2009 I saw "Company Closers" come in to "Save" 3 troubled plants. I watched all three get dismantled and shipped to other countries. We got laid off the CEO and upper management got bonuses for "cost cutting" Most seemed shocked when those three plants where shut down but not the ones who had been through it before. We saw this coming when China first began using prison labor in their factories. They paid Chinese (prisoners) workers NO WAGES. Of course our prices couldn't compete.

Now you want to elect a "Closer" to save this country because he says he will? Have you noticed how often he tells people what they want to hear and changes what he stands for to fit the crowd?
George Washington

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Romney won the debate last night! YAY!!!! Keep it up Romney!!!!!

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

A vote for Obama or Romney is endorsing the problems we have.
HaMpToN RoAdS

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Lee Hall wrote:
A vote for Obama or Romney is endorsing the problems we have.
Not voting for either is also a form of endorsing the problems we have and sticking your head in a hole in the ground to pretend like nothing is wrong. Obviously, one has to be more "right" than the other in your view of who can make things better. If you think Obama has made things better over the last four years then vote for him. If you think Romney will also make things wrong but will be less detrimental than Obama, then vote for him.

Personally, increasing the debt from approx. 10 trillion to over 17 trillion, enacting legislation (obamacare) that will entail the average joe to pay for the healthcare of rejects who are too lazy to work, and openly supporting felons (vick) who fought, tortured, and killed animals for fun isn't my idea of a great president.

It can only get worse with Obama for another 4 years because he isn't going to change. If Romney gets elected and it gets worse, it still won't be as bad as if Obama was heading things up.

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

I am voting for Gary Johnson.

I will not have anything to do with either the Dems or Repubs. I will not vote for either as they use scare tactics. Don't think so, look at the ads running.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

“Drink up! Summer's comin'”

Since: Jul 10

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies that Obama gave tax money to:

1.Evergreen Solar ($24 million)*
2.SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
3.Solyndra ($535 million)*
4.Beacon Power ($69 million)*
5.AESís subsidiary Eastern Energy ($17.1 million)
6.Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
7.SunPower ($1.5 billion)
8.First Solar ($1.46 billion)
9.Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
10.EnerDelís subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
11.Amonix ($5.9 million)
12.National Renewable Energy Lab ($200 million)
13.Fisker Automotive ($528 million)
14.Abound Solar ($374 million)*
15.A123 Systems ($279 million)*
16.Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($6 million)
17.Johnson Controls ($299 million)
18.Schneider Electric ($86 million)
19.Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
20.ECOtality ($126.2 million)
21.Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
22.Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
23.Mountain Plaza, Inc.($2 million)*
24.Olsenís Crop Service and Olsenís Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
25.Range Fuels ($80 million)*
26.Thompson River Power ($6.4 million)*
27.Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
28.LSP Energy ($2.1 billion)*
29.UniSolar ($100 million)*
30.Azure Dynamics ($120 million)*
31.GreenVolts ($500,000)
32.Vestas ($50 million)
33.LG Chemís subsidiary Compact Power ($150 million)
34.Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
35.Navistar ($10 million)
36.Satcon ($3 million)*
*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hampton Discussions

Search the Hampton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min THE DEVIL 1,085,043
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 11 hr Time Flys 2,549
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,913
Review: Two Girls & A Mop 16 hr In Shock 3
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) Thu Childress 250
Obama care wont cover eye exam, colonoscopies, ... Thu Gardner 11
Man facing Hampton murder charge was charged in... Wed Justme 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••