Chipotle Mexican Grill to locate in Patrick Henry Mall

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

Chipotle Mexican Grill will join the Patrick Henry Mall's roster this spring, the mall announced Thursday.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Alex

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

Does anyone know when this place is going to open. I want to be there when the doors first swing open, Chipotle is so delicious. What you know about Barbacoa?
bailed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Sagen Was wrote:
More authentic, and with better guacamole, cilantro lime rice, and not a chain burrito place is Laso's. They put Chipotle and Moe's to shame. It's a mom & pop located on Executive Dr. in Hampton. Best burritos on the Peninsula.
i have wondered about that place. so it's good huh?

“This isn't me either”

Since: Oct 08

Beach, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Judged:

Yum!
bailed wrote:
<quoted text>
i have wondered about that place. so it's good huh?
Mollie

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

Judged:

Laso's is very good. Very friendly. Almost the same as chipotle.

“This isn't me either”

Beach, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

Judged:

Only it's not a national franchise, so they'll prepare the food for you anyway you want it without rolling their eyes at you, and you are helping our own industrious citizens.
Mollie wrote:
Laso's is very good. Very friendly. Almost the same as chipotle.
oscar

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

hey guys i love chipotle, i think is great
thats why me and my family decided to open ur own restaurant since u cant buy there franchise

my name is oscar and ur locatio is
2274 executive dr
hampton va 23666

we try really hard to make our food better then any other place u been to
Rev

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

Chipotle was started by McDonald's when they were trying to diversify their portfolio...they soon found that they didn't have the ability to run two businesses successfully, so they sold it off. They will not allow any franchises and they are very serious about providing the best they can. They are one of the few chains that stays consistent across the east coast...they are great. I love them. There is one in Virginia Beach and no more until you get to Richmond. This location, at PHM, was supposed to open in the Spring, but I haven't heard anything new about it yet. Come on...I am starving!:-)
Rev

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

OKAY!!! I got the latest...they are set to open July 24th! Come on.

“This isn't me either”

Beach, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Judged:

Oscar I love Laso's I try and send people there all the time. The food is better than Chipotle, and why give money to some corporate types when I can give it to a nice family in my own community? I love the new remodeling you did. I heard you built it all yourself. It's beautiful. McDonald's won't miss my money or give that personal service you do. Thanks, I love your restaurant.
oscar wrote:
hey guys i love chipotle, i think is great
thats why me and my family decided to open ur own restaurant since u cant buy there franchise
my name is oscar and ur locatio is
2274 executive dr
hampton va 23666
we try really hard to make our food better then any other place u been to
VEP

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2009

Rev wrote:
Chipotle was started by McDonald's when they were trying to diversify their portfolio...they soon found that they didn't have the ability to run two businesses successfully, so they sold it off. They will not allow any franchises and they are very serious about providing the best they can. They are one of the few chains that stays consistent across the east coast...they are great. I love them. There is one in Virginia Beach and no more until you get to Richmond. This location, at PHM, was supposed to open in the Spring, but I haven't heard anything new about it yet. Come on...I am starving!:-)
I know I'm coming real late to the game, but your facts are a little off. McDonald's did not start Chipotle. Chipotle was actually founded by Steve Ells in Denver back in 1993. McDonald's came aboard in 1997 as a minority investor and then, in later years, increased their investment to over 51%. Their decision to divest, in 2006, from Chipotle(as well as Donato's Pizza and Boston Market) was not due to an inability to run those businesses, but rather a shift in focus in order to concentrate on the core McDonald's brand.
Patricia

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

We need a tofu burrito!
Da Man

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Better hope they have guards armed with AK-47s...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hampton Discussions

Search the Hampton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Jesus Christ 1,036,605
All women are pedophiles & that's all women are 15 min John Doughtrhz 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min litesong 43,150
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) 5 hr Casedolt 734
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) Apr 20 RW Cooper 40
I served a 20 yr sentence for in Angola Apr 20 RW Anom 3
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Apr 19 abe 1,350
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance