Teen charged in 2006 Newport News sho...

Teen charged in 2006 Newport News shooting death -- dailypress.com

There are 38 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Oct 1, 2007, titled Teen charged in 2006 Newport News shooting death -- dailypress.com. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Newport News police made a break in a year-old murder case that led to the arrest this morning of a teenager wanted in connection with the shooting death of a 17-year-old Menchville High School student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nate

Carrollton, VA

#1 Oct 1, 2007
Good work NNPD.
spoda

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Oct 1, 2007
And he's not charged with murder because....?
spoda

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Oct 1, 2007
Before I get the hate mail to read the story, He is being charged as murder, as a Juv so maybe he will get prison until 21.

Start setting examples, 17 is plenty old enought to know the consequences of pulling the trigger. Charge this punk as an adult, put a needle in his arm and set the example now.
doglvr

United States

#4 Oct 1, 2007
The boy was just arrested today. It is still possible the commonwealth atty. will push to charge him as an adult. You can't charge a juvenile as an adult at first because there are procedures for this. As for the death penalty, the US Supreme court has ruled you can't execute a person for a crime commited as a juvenile.
This kid should be investigated for links to the other many unsolved murders in NN.
GET REAL

United States

#5 Oct 1, 2007
THIS BOY MURDERD SOMEONE I DONT CARE HOW OLD HE IS LET HIM ROT IN JAIL FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE .SO HE DONT KILL SOMEONE ELSE CHILD.

“THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT!”

Since: Sep 07

Quahog, Rhode Island

#6 Oct 1, 2007
spoda wrote:
He WAS charged with murder. He was also charged with use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
BOB

Newport News, VA

#7 Oct 1, 2007
Once again reading comprehension is a must, for making comments. He was charged with murder. Read the article again.
spoda wrote:
BOB

Newport News, VA

#8 Oct 1, 2007
Now the Commonwealth Attorney needs to charge him as an adult and they probably will.
Helen

Newport News, VA

#9 Oct 2, 2007
Well, this serves as another fine example by the Daily Press on how NOT to write an article.

I wonder did all the teens know each other?

Is this gang related? Is this drug related?

The youth, charged with this murder is now 18 years old deserves to live the rest of his natural life in jail.

Here’s an idea, for every little wanna be gang-banger, thug and gun wielding piss ant, irregardless of their color or age, who feels hold or having a gun makes them a man – should be sent overseas to serve as landmine finders…walk this way…. If your not contributing to this society here – you are free to leave.
HUMPH

Newport News, VA

#10 Oct 2, 2007
Helen wrote:
Well, this serves as another fine example by the Daily Press on how NOT to write an article.
I wonder did all the teens know each other?
Is this gang related? Is this drug related?
The youth, charged with this murder is now 18 years old deserves to live the rest of his natural life in jail.
Here’s an idea, for every little wanna be gang-banger, thug and gun wielding piss ant, irregardless of their color or age, who feels hold or having a gun makes them a man – should be sent overseas to serve as landmine finders…walk this way…. If your not contributing to this society here – you are free to leave.
I am with you I do wish the 'Daily Liberal' would give more info on if it was 'gang related' or 'drug related', I think they did say that it started with a fight at school. And yes 'lets send the little wanna be gang-banger, thug and gun wielding piss ant, irregardless of their color or age, who feels hold or having a gun makes them a man – should be sent overseas to serve as landmine finders…walk this way….AND the girls as well who feel like that, and they are out there.
GET REAL

Church View, VA

#11 Oct 2, 2007
THEY SAID IT STARTED IN SCHOOL BUT THE PAPER DIDNT SAID THAT RASHID COLEMAN WAS JUMP BY ABOUT 5 BOYS IN SCHOOL AND THAT HE DIDNT KNOW WHY THEY TRY TO JUMP HIM. BUT ABOUT 4 HOURS EARLIER THE SAME BOYS JUMP ANOTHER BOY AND SENT HIM TO THE HOSPITAL.RASHID COLEMAN WAS ADMITTED BACK IN SCHOOL BECAUSE HIS MOTHER DIDNT THINK THAT WAS RIGHT FOR HIM TO STOP HIS EDUCATION BECAUSE HE WAS FIGHTING BACK. ONE OF THE BOYS BROTHER THAT JUMP HIM WAS AT ENTERPRISE THAT GOT KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL A YEAR AGO KILLED HIM.

“I HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News VA

#12 Oct 3, 2007
GET REAL wrote:
THEY SAID IT STARTED IN SCHOOL BUT THE PAPER DIDNT SAID THAT RASHID COLEMAN WAS JUMP BY ABOUT 5 BOYS IN SCHOOL AND THAT HE DIDNT KNOW WHY THEY TRY TO JUMP HIM. BUT ABOUT 4 HOURS EARLIER THE SAME BOYS JUMP ANOTHER BOY AND SENT HIM TO THE HOSPITAL.RASHID COLEMAN WAS ADMITTED BACK IN SCHOOL BECAUSE HIS MOTHER DIDNT THINK THAT WAS RIGHT FOR HIM TO STOP HIS EDUCATION BECAUSE HE WAS FIGHTING BACK. ONE OF THE BOYS BROTHER THAT JUMP HIM WAS AT ENTERPRISE THAT GOT KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL A YEAR AGO KILLED HIM.
I had heard that from a student last year, the day of the fight, and at the time thought it was very sad. This is just tragic for the parents of this child. I hope all the little hood rats are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Aunt Tasha

Marietta, GA

#13 Oct 3, 2007
Just so that you know, Rashid Coleman was not a gang banger or a drug dealer. He was a born leader, didn't follow crowds, and was an aspiring real estate investor. He was kind and mostly quiet. Handsome and intelligent. He was a dreamer and he had plans. He was clean, and loved to clean. Kept his bed made and always smelled good. He was not a thug or a gun wielding **** ant...He was really growing into a fine young man.
lil feet

Newport News, VA

#14 Feb 12, 2008
he was a smart boy who never did anthing to anyone in menchville there just full of jeaouls people and i feel sorry for his family because he really wanted somthing in life from our talks we had in class in WHOEVER did do need to ROT in jail!!!sorry too b so damn mean!!!
Good

Rosemead, CA

#15 Feb 12, 2008
Thugs like this give the African American community a bad name!!! He needs to ROT in jail!!! He's Trash!!!

“Jacob's Sookie”

Since: Nov 07

Hamilton,Va SOBX

#16 Feb 12, 2008
doglvr wrote:
The boy was just arrested today. It is still possible the commonwealth atty. will push to charge him as an adult. You can't charge a juvenile as an adult at first because there are procedures for this. As for the death penalty, the US Supreme court has ruled you can't execute a person for a crime commited as a juvenile.
This kid should be investigated for links to the other many unsolved murders in NN.
Spoken well.
MLK

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Feb 12, 2008
Aunt Tasha wrote:
Just so that you know, Rashid Coleman was not a gang banger or a drug dealer. He was a born leader, didn't follow crowds, and was an aspiring real estate investor. He was kind and mostly quiet. Handsome and intelligent. He was a dreamer and he had plans. He was clean, and loved to clean. Kept his bed made and always smelled good. He was not a thug or a gun wielding **** ant...He was really growing into a fine young man.
You must be kidding. With a name like Rashid he had to be a gang banger and drug dealer.

“Jacob's Sookie”

Since: Nov 07

Hamilton,Va SOBX

#18 Feb 12, 2008
MLK wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be kidding. With a name like Rashid he had to be a gang banger and drug dealer.
Mind reader now MLK? Profiler?
John Boy Walton

United States

#19 Feb 12, 2008
Rottweiler Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken well.
I cant stand you and I dont even know you. Go toss your Rottweiler's Salad. Hahaha!
MLK

Virginia Beach, VA

#20 Feb 12, 2008
Rottweiler Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Mind reader now MLK? Profiler?
Yes and Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Trims phu see hat 1,602,874
News Couple to continue bakery tradition (Jan '08) 7 hr Sugarfoot 21
News Owner of York County pipe/tobacco lounge arrest... (Nov '13) 11 hr martin garey 34
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sat Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News NN man accused of raping 13-year-old girl (Mar '09) Sep 22 41young 32
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) Sep 19 Kathy 2,389
2017 ~ Hampton is black run & smells like a ghe... Sep 16 Me-n-yo-mama 2

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages