Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,321 - 7,340 of 7,942 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7636 Jan 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Whack, whack, whacking yourself on the back for not contributing anything of value, PHD? Looking over the past several months, you don't actually seem to have anything to contribute except one-liner, "...useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam hot air..."
By the way, the key just to the left of the period is called a comma.
[URL deleted]
^^^All he has is defamation. He hasn't replied to Saturday's post because he doesn't understand how science works.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#7637 Jan 14, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a Tercel. I got 40mpg on the highway with good featherfooting. More than that, my Tercel was tough. Had a full head-on collision(were still touching after the accident) with a car 40% heavier than the Tercel. The Toyota saved our lives, even without airbags. The engine compartment was collapsed on the drivers side & the passenger compartment instrument panel was severely widely cracked & starting to intrude into the passenger compartment. But it held up, doing its job.
yeah. Unibody. Cutting edge shyte eh? All spot welded. B-)
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#7638 Jan 14, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Toyota Tercel reunion day? I had a 1980 and ran it for about 24 years. Efficient, basic and tough.
very nice! High five!
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#7639 Jan 14, 2013
The only answer to this problem is to take peoples money, and if they don't have any make them slaves. To save the planet. In the name of science we must kill you to reduce greenhouse gas.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7641 Jan 14, 2013
It's still all about the money!!!
PHD

Overton, TX

#7642 Jan 14, 2013
More news from the scientist a must read.

http://now.msn.com/fish-cannot-feel-pain-says...
PHD

Overton, TX

#7643 Jan 14, 2013
Science explanation of measurements.

A measurement system can be accurate but not precise, precise but not accurate, neither, or both. For example, if an experiment contains a systematic error, then increasing the sample size generally increases precision but does not improve accuracy. The result would be a consistent yet inaccurate string of results from the flawed experiment. Eliminating the systematic error improves accuracy but does not change precision.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#7644 Jan 15, 2013
PHD wrote:
Science explanation of measurements.
A measurement system can be accurate but not precise, precise but not accurate, neither, or both. For example, if an experiment contains a systematic error, then increasing the sample size generally increases precision but does not improve accuracy. The result would be a consistent yet inaccurate string of results from the flawed experiment. Eliminating the systematic error improves accuracy but does not change precision.
To explain the difference3 between precision and accuracy, consider shooting at a target. Precision is how tight the grouping is, accuracy is how close to the bullseye they are.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7645 Jan 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>In 1750, Benjamin Franklin proposed an experimental test of lightning strike mitigation using a kite. Thomas-François Dalibard tested that theory sucessfully. This is how experiments work in science and technology.
<quoted text>Crop rotation to mitigate soil nitrogen exhaustion has been taught and practiced since Roman times. There have been ample experimental tests on the utility of crop rotation.
<quoted text>Svante August Arrhenius proposed a theory of climate change from the greenhouse gas effect in 1896. To this day, that theory hasn't been experimentally tested in the atmosphere.
See the difference between the mature technologies of architecture, agriculture and the hoax of mitigating climate change?
Actually, the only part of your statements I disagree with is the use of the word 'hoax'. If man-made emissions contribute to global warming, it follows that a cessation of those emissions would not contribute to global warming. Stopping the use of fossil fuels while simultaneously reducing atmospheric CO2 and finding a means of making the Earth more reflective would mitigate climate change. That in itself refutes the term 'hoax', even if those activities are purely speculative fantasy.

However, is it practical or feasible for man to reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere? Is it even possible? I'm unaware of any quick and easy means of carbon capture and storage that could possibly make a dent in offsetting the amounts we produce, much less significantly reduce the amount of CO2 already present in the atmosphere, so I understand your point - I just disagree with your phrasing.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7646 Jan 15, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
To explain the difference3 between precision and accuracy, consider shooting at a target. Precision is how tight the grouping is, accuracy is how close to the bullseye they are.
Accuracy would be on target not how close you are.

Since: Aug 08

Lynnwood, WA

#7647 Jan 15, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
/////////
'phud fetid feces face' theorization flopped out:
//////////
litesong wrote:
It is easier to accurize with an instrument of precision.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7648 Jan 15, 2013
litesong wrote:
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
/////////
'I pinheadlitesout fetid feces face' flopped out:
//////////
pinhedlitesout wrote:
It is easier to accurize with an instrument of precision.
If you even had a clue you would know there is no such thing as accurate in shooting a weapon. The only thing in shooting accurate is when you’re flapping your lips. You’re right on target when it comes to useless babble tainted with hate. Did you get that check up from the neck up? My bad you could achieve an accurate shot in a vacuum much like your one brain cell.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#7649 Jan 15, 2013
For the love of God, we need to save the polar bears people!
PHD

Overton, TX

#7650 Jan 15, 2013
Why?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#7651 Jan 15, 2013
phud fetid feces face wrote:
.... there is no such thing as accurate in shooting a weapon.
The millions of dead, killed beyond the end of a fired gun would argue your point of idiocy, if they could. You are a being without a brain, as is 'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling'. You degenerate to....... "phud fetid feces face" repeat treats.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7652 Jan 15, 2013
pinheadlitesout wrote:
<quoted text>
The millions of dead, killed beyond the end of a fired gun would argue your point of idiocy, if they could. I are a being without a brain, as is 'My friend steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling'. I degenerate to....... "pinheadlitesout" fetid feces face" repeat treats.
So dumb Assumption of your---self was that shot accurate and if so do show your proof.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7653 Jan 15, 2013
Man-made climate change is real.
PHD

Overton, TX

#7654 Jan 15, 2013
Still waiting for your explanation of your new word "ony" Man made climate change global warming cooling is a hoax for more money. Follow the trail.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#7655 Jan 15, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Accuracy would be on target not how close you are.
As usual, you are not even close!
PHD

Overton, TX

#7656 Jan 15, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you are not even close!
Your argument, prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min No Surprize 1,100,267
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Brian_G 46,325
Hampton looks for more math teachers 12 hr Tabb Man 3
Hampton police arrest 3 teens in Northampton ro... 13 hr Tabb Man 1
hey sexy guys... (Sep '12) Thu Nickxh 2
Peninsula area students make gains in math SOL ... Wed Davis 2
Influx of illegal immigrants in hampton va Wed Tabbed 4
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••