Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
6,801 - 6,820 of 7,942 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="Small Minded America, UGH"]Bullcrap! Climate change is a commie conspiracy, dreamed up to bring America to its knees.[/QUOTE]

AGW was initiated in Science. Since "Small Minded America, UGH" can't understand science, & probably doesn't have a hi skul deegreee with upper class chemistry, science, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc(if he has a hi skul deegreee), he found a website to make something up for him to believe in.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
AGW deniers will increasingly have a hard time staying out of jail, with their racist, alleged & proud threatener, & obstructionist methods.
//////////
'small minded america, ugh' wrote:
Bullcrap!
//////////
litesong wrote:
Oh..... I scared 'small minded america, ugh'. Will he be in jail for racist activism, threatening, or being an obstructionist? I doubt he has the education to be active in all three categories.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Blah blah blah no evidence but repeat lies.
You don't get to decide who's a scientist. You are totally WRONG..
Download the Climategate files and read them for yourself.

Experiments decide which scientists have good theories and which don't. I haven't found even one single compelling experiment for climate change mitigation. Have you? If so, please cite.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Scientists say they have proved climate change is real

Ya know what's really funny about that headline?

Anyone with common sense knows climate changes, therefore 'climate change' must be real.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Earthling-1 wrote:
Scientists say they have proved climate change is real
Ya know what's really funny about that headline?
Anyone with common sense knows climate changes, therefore 'climate change' must be real.
USELESS BABBEL
LiveFreeOrDie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Such a cute retort from another "scholar"?

Let me guess, Antropology, Sociology or psychology?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="I'llLetYouDie"]
Let me guess, Antropology(sic)...[/QUOTE]

You guessed wrong.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="I'llLetYouDie"]
Let me guess, Antropology(sic)...[/QUOTE]
litesout wrote:
You guessed wrong.
I see you're still having trouble wrapping quotes, even after all these years.
Are all injuns slow on the uptake?
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>I see you're still having trouble wrapping quotes, even after all these years.
Are all injuns slow on the uptake?
USELESS BABBEL
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Scientists say they have proved climate change is real.....

litesong wrote:
A stunning performance(a non-performance) showing Arctic sea ice NOT piling on, in great amounts of sea ice on the Arctic Ocean, surrounding seas & against landforms.
Called a secondary feedback in AGW, solar energy absorption by historically unrecorded amounts of clear Arctic waters is putting on an incredible show in a non-performing role, well worthy of an Academy Award. With a stoic unchanging face, almost all Arctic waters refuse to ice. Except for the sea ices north of Greenland & Canadian islands, the Arctic ice pack shows a strong resemblance to a semi-circle, strengthening the assumption that Arctic Ocean waters & seas have very strongly absorbed solar energies the last 3 months, due to the rotating Earth, variably tilted towards the sun.
Details below:
//////////
\\\\\\\\\\
litesong wrote:
Arctic sea ice extent is a bit greater than the lowest minimum of 2 years recorded, either by satellite or submarine data, at 4,574,688 km2 (October 8, 2012). A size area represented by only Indiana became sea ice the past day, despite the sun, unseen, from the North Pole for well over 2 weeks, temperatures above the 80th parallel averaging minus 15 degC, & temperatures on landforms surrounding the Arctic Ocean dropping as low as -17degC. Much warmth built up in Arctic waters these past months is resisting its conversion back to sea ice, especially southern Arctic waters which have seen much more solar energy absorbed than northern Arctic clear waters.
This same Arctic Ocean warmth is & will continue to keep Arctic sea ice thinner through the coming winter & even spring. As of October 2, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is ~23% lower than any satellite recorded year AND indications of submarine-detected Arctic sea ice yearly VOLUME.
Yes, the Arctic sea ice VOLUME is disappearing, year to year, quicker than the Arctic sea ice extent.
//////////
litesong continues:
Presently, Arctic sea ice extent is above the next lowest two years' minimum Arctic sea ice extent, at 4,662,344 km2 (October 9, 2012), the past day's sea ice area gain less than Maine size. Present extent is dated almost a month later, than the date of the 3rd place year's mark. Temperatures above the 80th parallel have slipped to (-15.5 degC), a bit less than normal. Temperatures on landforms surrounding the Arctic Ocean are most often freezing, some areas below minus double digits, & one temperature as low as -23degC.
Much of that sea ice increase is along the Greenland east coast, altho Arctic ice pack is closer to the Russian islands, Franz Joseph Land & Svalbard, again in the semi-circular pattern mentioned above.
A detail noted is a raggy taggy developing edge along a part of the semi-circle, possibly NOT coincidental with the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS (plus?) OF SQUARE KILOMETERS, of waters north of Alaska & Siberia that are VASTLY CLEAR. Might the raggy taggy edge indicate huge turbulence & currents in this largest(ever?) ice free, & resulting southerly-directed heat stratified Arctic waters? I wonder if there might develop more raggy taggy edging, enough to form a swirl pattern? Such a vast swirl at such a huge scale would be impossible...... wouldn't it?
Almost all large region southerly Arctic waters, including the Northeast passage, & waters north of mentioned islands remain ice free. Bulging southward sea ice at the west end of the Northwest Passage should continue, & will close off the Northwest Passage. Internal icing is also occurring inside the Northwest Passage from nearby double digit minus temperatures opposing the months of solar warmth built up in the Passage.
Downwellings in unusual clear Arctic waters, normally sea ice covered in decades past, for three months have & even now still transport extra solar energy to continental shelf, Arctic Ocean & sea depths.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

litesong sees this as the threat of man made global climate change, I see this as the promise of man made global climate change; this is where we differ.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
..... this is where we differ.
"steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.

You have much in common with "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling", who also is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig. & since he admitted you were an alleged threatener, defends you & looks up to you, he is also an alleged & proud threatener.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Of course climate change is real. The climate operates much as a pendulum. It is always in flux. There is nothing mankind can do to change it really. Warming followed by cooling followed by...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

neutral observer wrote:
Of course climate change is real. The climate operates much as a pendulum. It is always in flux. There is nothing mankind can do to change it really. Warming followed by cooling followed by...
So what about the greenhouse effect produced by the continuous and ever-increasing man-made greenhouse gas emissions into the Earth's atmosphere?

You are neither neutral nor an observer if you can't answer my question.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>So what about the greenhouse effect produced by the continuous and ever-increasing man-made greenhouse gas emissions into the Earth's atmosphere?
You are neither neutral nor an observer if you can't answer my question.
One large volcanic eruption can dump more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere than industry has in all of man's history on earth.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

A generation ago western capitalism was blamed for global cooling and the coming ice age. Now the bogeyman of the moment is global warming. To the chicken littles out there the sky is always falling.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
One large volcanic eruption can dump more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere than industry has in all of man's history on earth.
Not true.

I know that you don't know this: Volcanoes emit around 0.3 billion tonnes of CO2 per year. This is about 1% of human CO2 emissions which is around 29 billion tonnes per year.

You can look at the Figure 1 here:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/volcanoes-and...

to see some named volcano emissions-- The Mount Pinatubo eruption emitted 42 million tonnes of CO2 (Gerlach et al 1996). Compare this to human emissions in 1991: 23 billion tonnes of CO2 (CDIAC). The strongest eruption over the last half-century amounted to 0.2% of human CO2 emissions in that year.

How good are you in reading graphs and in arithmetic? Hope you'll convince yourself that you were wrong.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
A generation ago western capitalism was blamed for global cooling and the coming ice age. Now the bogeyman of the moment is global warming. To the chicken littles out there the sky is always falling.
Yeah yeah you're always fibbing, right?

Instead you could teach yourself some facts:

.. global cooling predictions in the 70s amounted to media and a handful of peer reviewed studies. The small number of papers predicting cooling were outweighed by a much greater number of papers predicting global warming due to the warming effect of rising CO2. Today, an avalanche of peer reviewed studies and overwhelming scientific consensus endorse man-made global warming. To compare cooling predictions in the 70s to the current situation is both inappropriate and misleading. Additionally, we reduced the SO2 emissions which were causing global cooling. The question remains whether we will reduce the CO2 emissions causing global warming.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predi...

Any questions?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Chew on this: A paper this year by the world's leading climate scientist, James Hansen, shows that the frequency of extremely hot events (such as the droughts which hammered the US and Russia) has risen by a factor of about 50 by comparison with the decades before 1980. Forty years ago, extreme summer heat typically affected between 0.1 and 0.2% of the globe. Today it scorches some 10%. "We can project with a high degree of confidence," the paper warns, "that the area covered by extremely hot anomalies will continue to increase during the next few decades and even greater extremes will occur." Yet these extremes do not feature in the standard models predicting changes in crop production.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Adapting to climate change is real. Ice breakers and movable drilling platforms. Oil tankers.

Pipelines from Canada stopped by politicians. Fracking accused of water pollution. CO2 the thermal blanket thrown over the party of life. Climate alarmists stop offshore drilling.

Down with climate politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Hampton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hampton People Search