Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
6,781 - 6,800 of 7,946 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

BTW, you never explained how you managed to dream this lot up:
FuGyou wrote:
Earthling is the school bully who'd knock the glasses off the swots at the school gate and step on them. He's a bit old now for real physical intimidation (doesn't work too well in a Zimmerframe), but he still has the same vicious infantile mentality, the only outlet for which is a bit of trolling like this.
His hostility to anybody with a brain is fairly obviously the result of childhood resentment of educational failure, with intimidation an attempt to assuage the painful knowledge of his own mental inadequacy.
He may be the (now inadequate) psychopath of the Topix deniers, but his motivation is common to all: the resentment of anybody really clever; the belief that people who get science are stupid swots making too much of foolish nonsense, and they're the really smart ones.
If they are the ones to show that AGW was just a lot of the same foolish nonsense, then their suspicions are confirmed: scientists are dumb, they're smart, and the childhood feelings of inferiority are at last lifted.
If they can't show AGW is nonsense, then the brand of mental inadequacy remains, but they can still take the resentment they carry out in a bit of school yard name calling.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

FuGyou wrote:
Saddam was responsible for 9/11 and his WMDs[sic] were an imminent threat to the west.
Don't be silly, of course he wasn't.

NB: WMD = weapons of mass destruction.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be silly, of course he wasn't.
You got that right.Your useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam cut and paste is the WMD.Hay dirtling you never answered that 2nd grade question.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Addition to the above:
If climate alarmists scientists guilty of fraud were forced to observe climate change from inside a prison cell, out a tiny window over long term, we might get better science.
No scientist found guilty but you should be with your lies still intact.

You have never learnt a thing new all these years. Why even use the words science and scientists when you hate them so much!

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No scientist found guilty but you should be with your lies still intact.
You have never learnt a thing new all these years. Why even use the words science and scientists when you hate them so much!
Actually scientist have been caught in fraud. A example is the doctor who did research on vaccines and claimed that vaccines caused autism. Of course that is just one of many. Someone once did a study of studies and discovered that eleven percent of all studies were fraud and more than half had serious errors.

The biggest hint that you were wrong was the qualifier that no scientist has been found guilty. Given the number of scientist in history the odds of that being true would resemble the number of centimeters to the next galaxy. The odds are such that at least one had to be found guilty.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.v...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually scientist have been caught in fraud...
LIAR. Do you ever wonder why you have no credibilty? You should.

For one thing, you twist what you read. That could be because you don't comprehend what you read.

Go back and try to decipher what I posted. Then again what face do you have to appear in this thread? I presume now you apologize for posting over and over again that scientists have disproven man-made climate change. You have been lying and you know it.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR. Do you ever wonder why you have no credibilty? You should.
For one thing, you twist what you read. That could be because you don't comprehend what you read.
Go back and try to decipher what I posted. Then again what face do you have to appear in this thread? I presume now you apologize for posting over and over again that scientists have disproven man-made climate change. You have been lying and you know it.
And yet I managed to find a very recent example with only a little effort. Even if I do not have any creditability are you willing to say CNN dosn't have any either. After all, they are one of the many news organizations that reported that one. Of course I could of also brought up the IPCC AR4. That one was loaded with errors and the "scientist" were caught making things up.

Of course all you have left is denial. Funny how you once accused others of denial and now you are the one in denial.
LiveFreeOrDie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
Epic fail: the stunning defeat of Bob Carter and NZ climate sceptics (guest post)
A great post from Uknowispeaksense, who has given me permission to re-post:
Recently, there has been a court case in New Zealand where a group calling themselves the New Zealand Climate Science Education Trust (the Trust) were bringing an action against New Zealand’s National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Limited [NIWA] essentially alleging that they used some dodgy statistics to produce a warming trend in some of the New Zealand temperature record.
The Trust was represented by Bob Carter (paleontologist), Mr Dunleavey (retired journalist) and Mr Dedekind (IT professional with some modelling experience). Keep in mind, these are the so-called “experts” put forward by the Trust. I kid you not. Before going any further, I urge you tocheck out their “statement of claim” as lodged with the High Court of New Zealand registry. It stops just short of claiming the scientists committed fraud but only just.
In paragraph 20 the trust accuse the scientists of being “influenced by the expectation that significant NZTR warming would encourage funding for additional climate change research”. Wow. They also accuse them of being subjective and secretive etc.
Well, the verdict is in and it seems Bob and his mates have lost in the most spectacular fashion, not only failing to prove their case in all aspects, but also having costs awarded against them.
http://watchingthedeniers.wordpress.com/2012/...
No surprise there. Try to get a verdivct against the global network to promote more taxations and regulations on the back of a dubious and unproven claim of "climate change". Not gonna happen in most nations of this world. I don't trust the courts here any more than I trust the "scientists" who sent emails to each other, apparently in one of them was gloating that a "denier" scientist was dead.

Yeah what a gang of class-acts. In another Email from another "scientist" he was talking about violence against another dissenter. Yes, these liberals are the same everywhere. Talk a good game until facts and realities hit home. Then verbal assault and regular labeling of others as "racists" homophobes", "evilmongers", "liars" and so on will eventually escalate into threats of violence, whether it is on THIS site or among the "experts".

This is how liberals and commies have always waged their agendas. To them elections is just something for others, unless one should happen to win of course. Remeber what the leftists said in Europe in the 80's after communism collapsed. THey would need to channel social causes into a larger project and then came up with "environment".

HOwever, a mistake to go after them legally. Much more effective to continue spreading the fact that there are NO facts that can "prove" that "climate change" exists or even is linked to me driving my little Hyundai one mile too much according what some bureacrat would like to define. No thank You.

Libs, can you start living up to your names and let others be free? I guess the only real "freedom" in the democrat party these days is for women to have the freedom to kill their own offspring, even up to birth time.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise there. Try to get a verdivct against the global network to promote more taxations and regulations on the back of a dubious and unproven claim of "climate change". Not gonna happen in most nations of this world. I don't trust the courts here any more than I trust the "scientists" who sent emails to each other, apparently in one of them was gloating that a "denier" scientist was dead.
Yeah what a gang of class-acts. In another Email from another "scientist" he was talking about violence against another dissenter. Yes, these liberals are the same everywhere. Talk a good game until facts and realities hit home. Then verbal assault and regular labeling of others as "racists" homophobes", "evilmongers", "liars" and so on will eventually escalate into threats of violence, whether it is on THIS site or among the "experts".
This is how liberals and commies have always waged their agendas. To them elections is just something for others, unless one should happen to win of course. Remeber what the leftists said in Europe in the 80's after communism collapsed. THey would need to channel social causes into a larger project and then came up with "environment".
HOwever, a mistake to go after them legally. Much more effective to continue spreading the fact that there are NO facts that can "prove" that "climate change" exists or even is linked to me driving my little Hyundai one mile too much according what some bureacrat would like to define. No thank You.
Libs, can you start living up to your names and let others be free? I guess the only real "freedom" in the democrat party these days is for women to have the freedom to kill their own offspring, even up to birth time.
You are definitely depressed and depressing, aren't you?

Help your mental health first before you worry about "environment."

Good luck.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Alway proving who ..
Speak English, if you can.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
No scientist found guilty but you should be with your lies still intact. You have never learnt a thing new all these years. Why even use the words science and scientists when you hate them so much!
They've destroyed the original temperature records, distorted their findings and conspired to silence opposition. They aren't scientists, they have an agenda other than truth.

There are no experiments of climate change mitigation. Don't fall for faith based science.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be silly, of course he wasn't.
LOL! You don't remember the very short lived Bush/Cheney allegation that there was a link between Sadam and Al Qaeda? You conveniently don't remember when they hastily changed their name for the actions in Iraq from "War on Terrorism" to "War on Terror"?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Spambrat wrote:
LIAR.
Calling someone a liar doesn't cut it, you have to explain in detail how you arrived at that conclusion.
If you don't, you've lost the discussion.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Climate change is real. Just look at a thermometer from time to time. See, we are all experts.

Anything beyond that is hype and propaganda. Global temperatures have waxed and waned for millions of years- far beyond our couple of hundred years of dubious records. Core samples prove it, strata in the Grand Canyon prove it, tree rings prove it.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Calling someone a liar doesn't cut it, you have to explain in detail how you arrived at that conclusion.
If you don't, you've lost the discussion.
Huh. You lost it, man.

Read below what you responded to:
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR. Do you ever wonder why you have no credibilty? You should.
So why is this not enough for you?

By the way, why are you budding in? You don't respect tina, do you?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They've destroyed the original temperature records, distorted their findings and conspired to silence opposition. They aren't scientists, they have an agenda other than truth.
There are no experiments of climate change mitigation. Don't fall for faith based science.
Blah blah blah no evidence but repeat lies.

You don't get to decide who's a scientist. You are totally WRONG..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Spambrat wrote:
Huh. You lost it, man.
You never had it, child.
Spambrat wrote:
By the way, why are you budding[sic] in?
Butting in, not budding.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>You never had it, child.
<quoted text>Butting in, not budding.
"Speak for yourself and you," as you would say.

You did not give an answer as usual. Butting in? Why do you keep doing that too?

You must be lonely without your lying denier gang. Now that funding has dried up.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling"]You never had it, child.[/QUOTE]

We know 'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig, never had a hi skul deegreee, & never had a sub-sub-kindergarten comprehension of any education he had.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Keep the kettle boiling, ask about the hoax of the century, faked data, conspiracy, we've already spent more money on global warming than Bernie Madoff ever dreamed of.
Apology required!

NOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hampton Forum right now

Search the Hampton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min TN Voter 1,079,440
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) 4 hr Suzan 740
Coast Guard rescues woman from water near HRBT 5 hr meh 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr SpaceBlues 45,773
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) 20 hr andrew mosher 2,298
Obama care wont cover eye exam, colonoscopies, ... 21 hr Thomas 1
Hampton All American City--can't stop laughing Wed Hamptonian 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••