Woman accused of abusing her 3-year-old son

Police charged Kimada C. Hines, 24, of Roanoke Avenue, with child abuse. The day care center notified Child Protective Services, which notified police. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I am A goat herder”

Since: Oct 07

Oceanside California

#23 Mar 4, 2009
holiveras wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a scary "man"..please tell us you don't have children of your own..we can only hope.
I have done worse..resulting in the death of a child.. I watched and could say NOTHING as a neighbors kid ran into the road and was hit by a log truck. because I had yelled at the kids before for playing in the road and the parents freaked out on me..threatening to call the police.
Luckily, I've never had to whip my son, he is currently in Iraq serving in the Army...he is well disciplined and a good citizen.
look at the mug shot pages and tell me some good butt whuppin' wouldn't have prevented some of those sociopaths from straying into crime..

“I pity the fool !!”

Since: Jan 08

Hampton, VA

#24 Mar 4, 2009
neportnewser wrote:
<quoted text> I have done worse..resulting in the death of a child.. I watched and could say NOTHING as a neighbors kid ran into the road and was hit by a log truck. because I had yelled at the kids before for playing in the road and the parents freaked out on me..threatening to call the police.
Luckily, I've never had to whip my son, he is currently in Iraq serving in the Army...he is well disciplined and a good citizen.
look at the mug shot pages and tell me some good butt whuppin' wouldn't have prevented some of those sociopaths from straying into crime..
A majority of them did get their "butt whuppin" (abuse) when they were younger. Its part of why use of violence to solve problems is more acceptable.

But you are right that more involved and effective parenting and discipline may have prevented their bad choices.

If they truly are sociopaths, then no amount of parenting would change that.
locked_up_in_Suf folk

Suffolk, VA

#25 Mar 4, 2009
Gigi in VA wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree that this shouldn't be in the news for the protection of the child. I am glad that the daycare worker was smart enough to call CPS. Although most likely CPS will do nothing about it in the long run. They never do. CPS needs to crack down on these child abusing low lifes!! Too many "good" mothers are abusing or letting someone else abuse their kids. April is Child Abuse Awareness month I hope everyone will look around them and if you see abuse or suspect it please don't just sit by becasue you think it is none of your business!! That child could be saved because of your concerned phone call and remember you can do it anonymously !!!!PROTECT THE KIDS!!!
YOU need to remember that parents have rights and CPS can only do so much. BTW who are you going to report the abuse to?...RIGHT, CPS the same people you said do nothing.
locked_up_in_Suf folk

Suffolk, VA

#26 Mar 4, 2009
Jay-C eazy wrote:
why are we so quick to judge? the only facts we have are that the child was beat because he disobeyed his mother. nothing else. what if it was just a spanking? children make up stories alot. i am not defending child abusers, what i ma saying is none of know the circumstances and how badly this child was injured.
BAD enough for it to be in the NEWS!!
locked_up_in_Suf folk

Suffolk, VA

#27 Mar 4, 2009
neportnewser wrote:
<quoted text>I get bruises from being held while trying to get away... bruising is not always from an act of violence...If you yell at a Kid in public you're going to jail...let alone smack the dog poop out of some mis-behaving lil punk a88 kid. you spare the rod you spoil the child. I'm not saying beat a kid til he's unconscious. but controlling a child can sometimes leave bruising..
The ROD does not have to be your fist or a belt. your words can be a rod as well. Besides... Shepherds use rods to move sheep, u ever see a shepeard beating the crap outta his flock?

“I am A goat herder”

Oceanside California

#28 Mar 4, 2009
locked_up_in_Suffolk wrote:
<quoted text>The ROD does not have to be your fist or a belt. your words can be a rod as well. Besides... Shepherds use rods to move sheep, u ever see a shepeard beating the crap outta his flock?
yeah i forget that semantics play an important part of how people interpret these posts..The Rod is discipline.. PS people dont beat yer kids!!

“I am A goat herder”

Oceanside California

#29 Mar 4, 2009
<quoted text>The ROD does not have to be your fist or a belt. your words can be a rod as well. Besides... Shepherds use rods to move sheep, u ever see a shepeard beating the crap outta his flock?
I beat the sh** out of my goats!
Bad Azzz Cop

Virginia Beach, VA

#30 Mar 5, 2009
I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it.
Gigi in VA

Yorktown, VA

#31 Mar 5, 2009
<quoted text>
YOU need to remember that parents have rights and CPS can only do so much. BTW who are you going to report the abuse to?...RIGHT, CPS the same people you said do nothing.
I DO know tha parents have rights....but those don't include the right to abuse your children! And BTW when you call CPS and they do nothing...which will probably be the case...you then get the local police involved...which will at least get it on record and then when something happens that CPS actually pays attention to there is something on file to back it up. Are you "locked up in suffolk" because you are one of these cases? Probably.

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

#32 Mar 5, 2009
Jay-C eazy wrote:
<quoted text>
i used to get spankings alot because i used to act up alot. sometime the whoopings left bruises on my a$$. i turned out fine. when your child disobeys you they have to learn that this is wrong. some kids don't think timeout is a punishment, these are the kids that need to get spanked. i was that kid and looking back at the whoopings, i am glad that i got them. they taught me right from wrong and made me respect my parents, not fear them. i agree with the goatherder(lol) you should not beat a kid until he is bleeding or on the brink of conciousness, but i belive that you should be able to discipline your children accordingly.
Yep.

“I pity the fool !!”

Hampton, VA

#33 Mar 5, 2009
Lee Hall wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
You do understand that you're contradicting yourself by agreeing that you shouldn't beat a kid till they're bleeding, but bruising isn't so bad.

Bruising = internal bleeding

“I pity the fool !!”

Hampton, VA

#35 Mar 5, 2009
Jay-C eazy wrote:
<quoted text>
some people bruise easily, now if the kid has welts and bruises the size of his/her whole leg/arm than that is totally different, but if the bruises are dime sized or quarter sized that is just from getting whooped. you can't hit someone without it leaving a little redness on their butt, hence the word in my comment accordingly. me and lee and goat herder are not saying it's right to thrash your kid, but we understand that some kids need to be punished ACCORDINGLY.
And I'll explain again:

Redness is not bruising. In order to cause bruising you are striking hard enough to tear or rupture blood vessels under the skin- internal bleeding. I have no issue with a spanking that leaves a "stinger" redness that quickly fades.

I stated earlier that individuals bruise from different degrees of force, but people's bodies also react differently to trauma placed on them (what could break bones or cause internal injuries on one could be shrugged off by another). Are you qualified to determine the line of how much force does what to whom.

What are you using for a whooping that leaves dime and quarter sized bruises, not a hand (unless you're driving your fingers into the kid)?

You should visit the site I posted earlier and learn what constitutes abuse and why, and what does not, according to Virginia law.

“I am A goat herder”

Oceanside California

#37 Mar 6, 2009
I was wrestling with my son once and grabbed him as he tried to squirm away..the next day..A bruise!! OH MY GAWD!! that my friends, seen by the right/wrong person..could've caused my life to be invaded by CPS or the cops or whatever..I have seen abused children..there are not always outward marks. for the most part,,you must look inside.
mom of a cop

Warwick, RI

#38 Mar 8, 2009
neportnewser wrote:
I was wrestling with my son once and grabbed him as he tried to squirm away..the next day..A bruise!! OH MY GAWD!! that my friends, seen by the right/wrong person..could've caused my life to be invaded by CPS or the cops or whatever..I have seen abused children..there are not always outward marks. for the most part,,you must look inside.
I agree, not all bruising is external. Lets just hope that this little person receives the love that they deserve. All children require love, guidance and smart discipline. NOT beatings

Since: Jan 13

Portsmouth, VA

#39 Jan 9, 2013
You are so right , she didnt do it. Its a shame how people judge someone off a newspaper article.

Since: Jan 13

Portsmouth, VA

#40 Jan 9, 2013
WHY wrote:
As a mother, I would just like 5 minutes in a room with her.
and what, its as shame you judge something off you read. Grow up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min red and right 1,155,460
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min OzRitz 49,304
McAuliffe wants to ban gifts and trips for lawm... (Mar '09) 10 hr Swedenforever 19
Does anybody know who Joe Vera who worked at gr... 17 hr just wondering Wa... 1
Former Poquoson Officer Will Not Get His Job Back (Sep '12) Dec 22 Jpow 11
Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Dec 20 hounddogsniffin 4
Naughty cam fun with females. Dec 20 lordbarty 1
Hampton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hampton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hampton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:42 pm PST