Woman accused of abusing her 3-year-o...

Woman accused of abusing her 3-year-old son

There are 36 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Mar 3, 2009, titled Woman accused of abusing her 3-year-old son. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Police charged Kimada C. Hines, 24, of Roanoke Avenue, with child abuse. The day care center notified Child Protective Services, which notified police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yolanda

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Mar 4, 2009
i know kimada. she a good mama. she couldt of did this
Pam

Newport News, VA

#2 Mar 4, 2009
Kimada should receive Moth of the Year. And you, Yolanda, should receive Runnerup and probably awards for spelling and grammar.
Teacher

United States

#3 Mar 4, 2009
This should not be in the news.
WHY

Moseley, VA

#4 Mar 4, 2009
As a mother, I would just like 5 minutes in a room with her.

“Bring It”

Since: Aug 08

Hampton Roads

#5 Mar 4, 2009
Hopefully they find a good foster home.
Care some

Newport News, VA

#6 Mar 4, 2009
I agree with teacher, this should not be in the news. However Kimada should not have children and Yolanda needs to see teacher and learn proper english and spelling. I hope this little child will be place in a good loving home. And the mother placed in a cell for a long time.
Gigi in VA

Yorktown, VA

#7 Mar 4, 2009
Teacher wrote:
This should not be in the news.
I do agree that this shouldn't be in the news for the protection of the child. I am glad that the daycare worker was smart enough to call CPS. Although most likely CPS will do nothing about it in the long run. They never do. CPS needs to crack down on these child abusing low lifes!! Too many "good" mothers are abusing or letting someone else abuse their kids. April is Child Abuse Awareness month I hope everyone will look around them and if you see abuse or suspect it please don't just sit by becasue you think it is none of your business!! That child could be saved because of your concerned phone call and remember you can do it anonymously !!!!PROTECT THE KIDS!!!

“I am A goat herder”

Since: Oct 07

Oceanside California

#8 Mar 4, 2009
Oh yeah!!! Don't beat the kid but then complain when he or she grows up thuggin'...

“I pity the fool !!”

Since: Jan 08

Hustle, VA

#9 Mar 4, 2009
Here is the information and certification site for educators on recognizing child abuse.

http://www.vcu.edu/vissta/training/va_teacher...

It is a requirement for certification and informative if you really want to be aware of the issue.
Eurythra Franklin

Newport News, VA

#10 Mar 4, 2009
WHY wrote:
As a mother, I would just like 5 minutes in a room with her.
So you can have your "way" with her?
Think 1st

Hustle, VA

#11 Mar 4, 2009
neportnewser wrote:
Oh yeah!!! Don't beat the kid but then complain when he or she grows up thuggin'...
There is a difference between discipline and beating. Generally, if there is visible multiple bruising left, after 8+ hours, then an inappropriate amount of force was applied and it is abuse.
Just because you can beat up on someone smaller doesn't mean you should, especially when that individual doesn't have a means to respond or an alternate refuge.
Raising children today is not an easy task, but if you have to resort to excessive physical force, because your to lazy to find out how to use it correctly or other means of discipline, than don't have children in the first place. as I'm sure your laziness will carry over and short change them in other areas of life, as well.
WHY NOT

New Kensington, PA

#12 Mar 4, 2009
Eurythra Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yeah!! Let's see how she likes being abused!
WHY

Moseley, VA

#13 Mar 4, 2009
Eurythra Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she needs to be dealt with.
jojo123

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#14 Mar 4, 2009
Spare the rod, spoil the child.
I Love the USA

Virginia Beach, VA

#16 Mar 4, 2009
Jay-C eazy wrote:
why are we so quick to judge? the only facts we have are that the child was beat because he disobeyed his mother. nothing else. what if it was just a spanking? children make up stories alot. i am not defending child abusers, what i ma saying is none of know the circumstances and how badly this child was injured.
Spanking does not leave bruises. Beating leaves bruises. I can't imagine how any adult could hurt a child, any child, much less their own. There is NOTHING a child could do that warrants being beaten to the point that there are bruises. And you state that we don't know "how badly the child was injured." We know he has physical evidence of being abused. The bruises will fade, but the emotional damage will last a lifetime. Poor child.

“I am A goat herder”

Since: Oct 07

Oceanside California

#17 Mar 4, 2009
I Love the USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanking does not leave bruises. Beating leaves bruises. I can't imagine how any adult could hurt a child, any child, much less their own. There is NOTHING a child could do that warrants being beaten to the point that there are bruises. And you state that we don't know "how badly the child was injured." We know he has physical evidence of being abused. The bruises will fade, but the emotional damage will last a lifetime. Poor child.
I get bruises from being held while trying to get away... bruising is not always from an act of violence...If you yell at a Kid in public you're going to jail...let alone smack the dog poop out of some mis-behaving lil punk a88 kid. you spare the rod you spoil the child. I'm not saying beat a kid til he's unconscious. but controlling a child can sometimes leave bruising..

“Things that make you go hmm...”

Since: Jul 07

Newport News

#18 Mar 4, 2009
neportnewser wrote:
<quoted text>I get bruises from being held while trying to get away... bruising is not always from an act of violence...If you yell at a Kid in public you're going to jail...let alone smack the dog poop out of some mis-behaving lil punk a88 kid. you spare the rod you spoil the child. I'm not saying beat a kid til he's unconscious. but controlling a child can sometimes leave bruising..
You are a scary "man"..please tell us you don't have children of your own..we can only hope.

“I pity the fool !!”

Hustle, VA

#19 Mar 4, 2009
neportnewser wrote:
<quoted text>I get bruises from being held while trying to get away... bruising is not always from an act of violence...If you yell at a Kid in public you're going to jail...let alone smack the dog poop out of some mis-behaving lil punk a88 kid. you spare the rod you spoil the child. I'm not saying beat a kid til he's unconscious. but controlling a child can sometimes leave bruising..
Somebody needs to learn more appropriate restraint techniques. There is never a justifiable reason to "smack the the dog poop out of" a kid.

Bruising that is visibly present the following day is not corrective discipline, its abuse.

“I pity the fool !!”

Hustle, VA

#21 Mar 4, 2009
Jay-C eazy wrote:
<quoted text>
i used to get spankings alot because i used to act up alot. sometime the whoopings left bruises on my ****. i turned out fine. when your child disobeys you they have to learn that this is wrong. some kids don't think timeout is a punishment, these are the kids that need to get spanked. i was that kid and looking back at the whoopings, i am glad that i got them. they taught me right from wrong and made me respect my parents, not fear them. i agree with the goatherder(lol) you should not beat a kid until he is bleeding or on the brink of conciousness, but i belive that you should be able to discipline your children accordingly.
While people do bruise differently, as to how much force is required to produce actual bruises (not red marks), striking hard enough to produce true bruising is excessive.

Not all bleeding is visible, by the way what do you think bruising is?

“I pity the fool !!”

Hustle, VA

#22 Mar 4, 2009
Jay-C eazy wrote:
<quoted text>
i used to get spankings alot because i used to act up alot. sometime the whoopings left bruises on my ****. i turned out fine. when your child disobeys you they have to learn that this is wrong. some kids don't think timeout is a punishment, these are the kids that need to get spanked. i was that kid and looking back at the whoopings, i am glad that i got them. they taught me right from wrong and made me respect my parents, not fear them. i agree with the goatherder(lol) you should not beat a kid until he is bleeding or on the brink of conciousness, but i belive that you should be able to discipline your children accordingly.
You and newportnewser are in effect supporting the beating of a child until he or she bleeds, it just happens to be internal in this case, as a form of corrective discipline.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Brad 1,508,813
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Agents of Corruption 63,550
Navy Dr wife leaked pics/vids 16 hr Elderly dude 15
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Fri Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066
News Owner of York County pipe/tobacco lounge arrest... (Nov '13) Mar 23 Martin garey 17
Review: iLoveKickboxing- Newport News (Aug '16) Mar 22 Kathy R 40
News Facebook Feedback for Saturday, Oct. 22 from Da... (Oct '11) Mar 21 Martin garey 25

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages