Hampton police name suspect in fatal shooting

Mar 30, 2009 Read more: Hampton Roads Daily Press 17
Police are looking for Adam Abdullah Mohammad Brewer, of in the 100 block of Powhatan Parkway, who they say shot and killed 20-year-old Johnny Lee Purdie of Hampton. Read more
IH8TEIGNORANCE

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Mar 30, 2009
WOW I NEVER KNEW HOW MANY INGORANT PEOPLE THERE WERE IN THE AREA UNTIL I CAME UP HERE WHO CARES ABOUT Y'ALL REDNECK A S S ES
IH8TU

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Mar 30, 2009
IH8TEIGNORANCE wrote:
WOW I NEVER KNEW HOW MANY INGORANT PEOPLE THERE WERE IN THE AREA UNTIL I CAME UP HERE WHO CARES ABOUT Y'ALL REDNECK A S S ES
I HATE PEOPLE THAT TYPE IN CAPS AND RETORT TO THIS AND ALSO THAT MAKE RUN ON SENTENCES ITS SO SILLY TO REPLY THAT WAY WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE A POINT YOU JUST SOUND IGNORANT...Ironically
Not Surprised

United States

#7 Mar 30, 2009
And the count goes on, and on, keep up the good work boys, shoot shoot shoot, eventually the streets will be cleaned like a self cleaning oven. Yipeee Woo Hooo!!!
Taxpayer Joe

Huntsville, AL

#9 Mar 31, 2009
One man, twenties to rob three men, twenties at Purdies Aunts house. One of the four men dead and the shooter on the run with two left to make up a story as to what they were doing. My guess is they were all there together doing something illegal and the deal went wrong.
What's of interest to four twenty year olds at the Aunts house?
If Purdie was such an oustanding young man and getting a college education. Why was he not in school or at a job at that time of day making money to pay for his education and living expenses?
What's the deal with the car that the police had hualed away from the house?
Not a single news outlet had information on this. In fact out of the three tv networks and this site, much of the information reported was incorrect and not fully reported.
It would be interresting to see if the bullet is in Purdies chest or his back as he was suppose to be running from Brewer.
TAKIA

Trenton, NJ

#10 Apr 1, 2009
I HAVE KNOW THIS VICTIM SINCE I WAS 12 YEARS OLD HE NEVER WAS THE TPYE THAT YOU WOULD THINK GET SHOOT.....I MEAN LIKE THIS BOY WAS SO RESPECTFUL AND LOYAL......HE LIVED HIS LIFE SMILING EVERY TIME YOU SEEN HIM OR SPOKE TO HIM .....IITS A MUST THAT I KEEP HIM AND HIS MOTHER IN PRAY ....I KNOW WORDS ISNT GOOD ENOUGH 2 BRING HIM BACK BUT MY BEST WISHES AND PRAYERS GOES PUT TO HIS MOTHER......MY HE REST IN PEACE AND I HOPE 2 SEE HIM SOME DAY.....
Shawna

United States

#11 Apr 2, 2009
I would have never expected this to happy to Johnny, everybody loved him and he kept us all laughing! He will surely be missed. I also would have never expected this from Adam either, we grew up together, I'm totally speechless. A lot of us were affected on both ends, being that we knew them both. This is crazy, what is the world coming to.
Jasmyne

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Apr 2, 2009
Johnny you will be missed. It's sad to see you go at such a young age. You had alot going for yourself.
AS far as fr people saying neagative stuff get that out your head because he was a good person
Shawna

United States

#13 Apr 2, 2009
Taxpayer Joe wrote:
One man, twenties to rob three men, twenties at Purdies Aunts house. One of the four men dead and the shooter on the run with two left to make up a story as to what they were doing. My guess is they were all there together doing something illegal and the deal went wrong.
What's of interest to four twenty year olds at the Aunts house?
If Purdie was such an oustanding young man and getting a college education. Why was he not in school or at a job at that time of day making money to pay for his education and living expenses?
What's the deal with the car that the police had hualed away from the house?
Not a single news outlet had information on this. In fact out of the three tv networks and this site, much of the information reported was incorrect and not fully reported.
It would be interresting to see if the bullet is in Purdies chest or his back as he was suppose to be running from Brewer.
Who are you to judge Johnny, did you know him? NO...and if you did you would not have made those assumptions. You should think about what you write first, because you just might hurt or offend the people who actually knew the victim.
Jasmyne

Virginia Beach, VA

#14 Apr 2, 2009
Taxpayer Joe wrote:
One man, twenties to rob three men, twenties at Purdies Aunts house. One of the four men dead and the shooter on the run with two left to make up a story as to what they were doing. My guess is they were all there together doing something illegal and the deal went wrong.
What's of interest to four twenty year olds at the Aunts house?
If Purdie was such an oustanding young man and getting a college education. Why was he not in school or at a job at that time of day making money to pay for his education and living expenses?
What's the deal with the car that the police had hualed away from the house?
Not a single news outlet had information on this. In fact out of the three tv networks and this site, much of the information reported was incorrect and not fully reported.
It would be interresting to see if the bullet is in Purdies chest or his back as he was suppose to be running from Brewer.
YOU say thius but you don't know him and you are wrong because disrespecting the dead is wrong..
ripJohnny

Hampton, VA

#15 Apr 5, 2009
Taxpayer Joe wrote:
One man, twenties to rob three men, twenties at Purdies Aunts house. One of the four men dead and the shooter on the run with two left to make up a story as to what they were doing. My guess is they were all there together doing something illegal and the deal went wrong.
What's of interest to four twenty year olds at the Aunts house?
If Purdie was such an oustanding young man and getting a college education. Why was he not in school or at a job at that time of day making money to pay for his education and living expenses?
What's the deal with the car that the police had hualed away from the house?
Not a single news outlet had information on this. In fact out of the three tv networks and this site, much of the information reported was incorrect and not fully reported.
It would be interresting to see if the bullet is in Purdies chest or his back as he was suppose to be running from Brewer.
first off it wnt his aunt house u dummy it was his bestfriend house and i am a college student that gets out of class before tweleve every day and i have a full ride to hampton university so wha t do u have to say? and he was followed there!!! the car was taken because the people who followed him there did something to the car!!!
People are up her making comments about someone that they dont even know GROW UP!! it had nothing to do with drugs...
ripJohnny

Hampton, VA

#16 Apr 5, 2009
Hey HG wrote:
Wait!!!!!!!!!! Was that a black on black killing. Can't believe it. Now that I said that let's get serious. Why can't the black community stop all this killing. Where is Squires writing about this stuff. Forget the house negroes that he is writing about and get serious with the killings of his brothers. They are not my brothers. My brothers would not keep on shooting until their race is about to vanish. For God's sake, notice that it is a capital G in God, why won't they realize what they are doing. What is so important to kill one another. Did he want to steal shoes or was it another drug deal gone wrong. Age of 19 is not the time to die or the age or 21 is not the time to go to jail for life. This is beyond belief. Where are the Jesse Jackson's or the Al whatever his name is when their brothers are killing each other. Let a white man touch a black man and the world comes to and end. Let a black man kill a black man and it is business as usual. I won't sleep better tonite because another black man is dead and another heading to jail. I won't sleep at all. Please let the killings stop.
See my issue with this will be your comment on how blks kill blks.... People kill people..... anyone who kills another is wrong!!! No matter the age when GOD says its time then its time, what the WORLD needs to understand is that we cant play GOD.... ending with that not STOP JUDGING only GOD can do that
ripJohnny

Hampton, VA

#17 Apr 5, 2009
Not Surprised wrote:
And the count goes on, and on, keep up the good work boys, shoot shoot shoot, eventually the streets will be cleaned like a self cleaning oven. Yipeee Woo Hooo!!!
So death is the answer? No how about you go into your community and help the youth give them something positive to do! Better yet raise your own child the right way!!!
Jenn

San Diego, CA

#21 Apr 10, 2009
My heart goes out to the victim's family and friends. I'm appalled at the comments on here, jumping to conclusions about this man who was murdered. No where in the article does it mention any criminal history, any suspicious activity, or anything of the sort. This man was someone's son, someone's brother, someone's cousin, nephew, best friend. Saying this boy was at fault because he was out at 2:30 in the afternoon is unbelievable.

For the loved ones Johnny left behind, please don't take these comments to heart. You knew Johnny, these folks did not. My heart goes out to you all for losing someone so young in such a tragic way.
Jenn

San Diego, CA

#22 Apr 10, 2009
Not Surprised wrote:
Takia, shawna, rp.johnny, oh my how your three editorials say it all, and we tax paying citizens should be ashamed, your grammer is great, full ride to hampton univ, the university paid for by the tax payers so that we can have affirmative action education, hey what can we say, our president is no better.
I believe this article was written about the murder of a young man, not a grammar contest. Before you try to joke on someone for using ill grammar (and on an anon internet forum, not an English essay) you should at least make an effort to use proper punctuation and complete sentences.
Taxpayer Joe

Huntsville, AL

#24 Apr 21, 2009
Shawna wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to judge Johnny, did you know him? NO...and if you did you would not have made those assumptions. You should think about what you write first, because you just might hurt or offend the people who actually knew the victim.
If you know him so well you know that he had charges of possesion on cocaine on school property with the intent to distribute. Sounds like an outstanding citizen of our wonderful city of Hampton.
Hampton Resident

Hampton, VA

#26 Jul 13, 2009
Taxpayer Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know him so well you know that he had charges of possesion on cocaine on school property with the intent to distribute. Sounds like an outstanding citizen of our wonderful city of Hampton.
Dang you really researched that information, huh! That's sad, you need a life.
His bestfriends mother's yard came very close to a high school driving range fence line so they gave him that bullshit charge. But it didn't stand up in ocurt. It's not like the boy was selling to the schoolkids or anything. Stop making things out to be worse than what they really are and the hatin. Pleaseeee!!!!!
fenster

Waitsfield, VT

#27 Jul 16, 2009
oh boy, ain't diversity great,eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min OzRitz 52,691
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,216,369
News Are your silver fillings dangerous? (Jun '08) Apr 15 KsJohn 69
News Kool Smiles making some parents frown (Nov '08) Apr 15 KsJohn 209
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 14 tom wingo 73
Im back!!! James Arthur Segura Apr 14 Wayne 3
News Traffic: Congestion causing backups at tunnels Apr 14 Troll master Willie 1
More from around the web

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]