Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,843
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33983 Jan 28, 2013
litesong has a gay crush on spaceblues
litesong

Everett, WA

#33984 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
"Large lying language" is a member of the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) & is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#33985 Jan 28, 2013
Boring looneysongs.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33986 Jan 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
SpaceBlues......... or post # 33977.
IMO large couldn't be English. To my knowledge, kkk doesn't exist outside the USA.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33987 Jan 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
Hey, SpaceBlues........
Read post #33974.
I flushed out(really mean flushed out) a real kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) member in 'large lying language'.
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33988 Jan 28, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are mistaken, I'm too right-handed, Teddy. Why namecalling again? Your button's exactly on the left.
Read from the piece: Dr Leck,“If confirmed by other studies, this could have far-reaching impacts on efforts to achieve the political targets for climate.”
If confirmed!
Then:
Climate issues must be dealt with
Terje Berntsen emphasises that his project’s findings must not be construed as an excuse for complacency in addressing human-induced global warming. The results do indicate, however, that it may be more within our reach to achieve global climate targets than previously thought.
Regardless, the fight cannot be won without implementing substantial climate measures within the next few years.
You once again spewed nonauthentic response like you did to your Pravda link earlier.
oh noes! Oh that one, too.
WTF are you on about, SpaceCase?

What a parade of bullshyte strawmen - how dare you put words in my mouth I never posted? You must be replying to another poster, not me.

This was the sum total of my comment on this paper:

"Excellent news!"

"Things aren't quite as dire as previously supposed after all -
http://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Newsarticle/ ... "

"The problem looks a bit more tractable."

That's it! That's all!

Your smart-azz response was to sh!t on a scientific paper you haven't even read because it "came from Norway."

That's the response of a reactionary partisan bullsh!tter, who has no real respect for or interest in the science.

And I said so.

So take your ideological spew and collection of BS strawmen you're trying to ascribe to me and stuff it all back up your anal orifice from whence it originated.

Done with you.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33989 Jan 28, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you on about, SpaceCase?
What a parade of bullshyte strawmen - how dare you put words in my mouth I never posted? You must be replying to another poster, not me.
This was the sum total of my comment on this paper:
"Excellent news!"
"Things aren't quite as dire as previously supposed after all -
http://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Newsarticle/ ... "
"The problem looks a bit more tractable."
That's it! That's all!
Your smart-azz response was to sh!t on a scientific paper you haven't even read because it "came from Norway."
That's the response of a reactionary partisan bullsh!tter, who has no real respect for or interest in the science.
And I said so.
So take your ideological spew and collection of BS strawmen you're trying to ascribe to me and stuff it all back up your anal orifice from whence it originated.
Done with you.
oh noes! Teddy is tedious.

Also, he is illeterate and lacking science and humanity.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33990 Jan 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya got to movt to the Pacific Northwest. Our waters are goot ta swim, without ticks, alligators, crocodiles, water mocassins, etc. Bbbbbbuuuuuttttttttt, them is cold waters, they are I says. Can you get used to mountain lake swimming? Once, I hiked up the southern slope of a ridge on a hot hot day. Said to myself I says I did,'Goin' for a swim once ah get to that there lake'. Clumbt to ridge top, looky the purdy lake........ half covered over with plenty of ICE! I went for a swim anyhow. Swam to the ice & broke off a chunk & swam back to the shore. Got out, I was still hot, so went in again.
Don't think I would be any good in Mississippi tho.
No, no, no. You swim in the ice water...I prefer to drink it.

I wouldn't do too good in Washington state, though I know it's beautiful. I hate to be cold.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33991 Jan 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, them's threats, all right!'HomoSapiensLapto picus' got some threats too. toxic topix AGW deniers use threats to make AGW advocates leave.....& sometimes successfully! I hope 'HomoSapiensLapto picus' remains with us!
However, it was bob burns(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) hiding in communist china(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS), who was the real 'king of threats'. bob burns was proud that chinese communists(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) murdered, tortured & starved to death 100 million of their own BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN & BABIES to force the rope of chinese communist slavery around the necks of HONORABLE CHINESE CITIZENS.

gcaveman1....... I'm sure you remember the many times I posted the wanton, uncontrolled threats of bob burns against my wife & me.
I may not have been around these threads that long.

Did he have an alias, another screen name?

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#33992 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
LargeLanguage has a gay crush on PHD.

Isn't this fun?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33993 Jan 28, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
Excellent news!
Things aren't quite as dire as previously supposed after all -
http://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Newsarticle/...
The problem looks a bit more tractable.
There's a lot of weight given to ten year periods. That isn't a long enough span to draw any concrete conclusions.

While we are often accused of being pessimists, there are also those who are overly optimistic. Optimistic to the point of being unrealistic, sometimes.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#33994 Jan 28, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of weight given to ten year periods. That isn't a long enough span to draw any concrete conclusions.
While we are often accused of being pessimists, there are also those who are overly optimistic. Optimistic to the point of being unrealistic, sometimes.
The problem is:

. I remember a climatologist named Latif who argued in 2009 that there would be a period of net cooling around 2009, because PDOs had flipped to La Ninas, but within the next decade they would flip back from La Ninas to El Ninos -- and since CO2 is a trend warming the Earth -- we would have temperature increases with a vengence.

And right wingers of course rushed out to distort his message that we were entering into a cooling period and therefore global warming was false.

Like this one:
"[Latif] recently conceded that the Earth has not warmed for nearly a decade and that we are likely entering "one or even two decades during which temperatures cool."

TS: In reality, he clarified in the article he thought a cooling PDO cycle would start about now, offsetting some of the global warming increases; and when this cycle reversed global warming would return with a powerful impact.

<<"The strong warming effect that we experienced during the last decades will be interrupted. Temperatures will be more or less steady for some years, and thereafter will pickup again and continue to warm".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/today/tomfeilden/2...

Media Matters showed how Glenn Beck grossly distorted and lied about this.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200909240021

==========

And this was the response by Latif in Guardian -- basically to how his comments had been taken out of context to lie about global warming.

<<Mojib Latif, a climate expert at the Leibniz Institute at Kiel University in Germany, said he "cannot understand" reports that used his research to question the scientific consensus on climate change.
He told the Guardian: "It comes as a surprise to me that people would try to use my statements to try to dispute the nature of global warming. I believe in manmade global warming. I have said that if my name was not Mojib Latif it would be global warming."

He added: "There is no doubt within the scientific community that we are affecting the climate, that the climate is changing and responding to our emissions of greenhouse gases.">>

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/ja...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33995 Jan 28, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>IMO large couldn't be English. To my knowledge, kkk doesn't exist outside the USA.
He has to be English! He's not Alabamian, calling the KKK leftist, and Democrats. He knows little of America and Americans.

He's a dumb Limey.

KKK exists in like philosophy outside the US. Neo-Nazis, extreme nationalists, fundamentalist Christians and Muslims all want everyone to be like them, want deportations, or detainment camps, or genocide.

He's too ignorant to give the time of day.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33996 Jan 28, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is:
. I remember a climatologist named Latif who argued in 2009 that there would be a period of net cooling around 2009, because PDOs had flipped to La Ninas, but within the next decade they would flip back from La Ninas to El Ninos -- and since CO2 is a trend warming the Earth -- we would have temperature increases with a vengence.
And right wingers of course rushed out to distort his message that we were entering into a cooling period and therefore global warming was false.
Like this one:
"[Latif] recently conceded that the Earth has not warmed for nearly a decade and that we are likely entering "one or even two decades during which temperatures cool."
TS: In reality, he clarified in the article he thought a cooling PDO cycle would start about now, offsetting some of the global warming increases; and when this cycle reversed global warming would return with a powerful impact.
<<"The strong warming effect that we experienced during the last decades will be interrupted. Temperatures will be more or less steady for some years, and thereafter will pickup again and continue to warm".
==========
And this was the response by Latif in Guardian -- basically to how his comments had been taken out of context to lie about global warming.
<<Mojib Latif, a climate expert at the Leibniz Institute at Kiel University in Germany, said he "cannot understand" reports that used his research to question the scientific consensus on climate change.
He told the Guardian: "It comes as a surprise to me that people would try to use my statements to try to dispute the nature of global warming. I believe in manmade global warming. I have said that if my name was not Mojib Latif it would be global warming."
He added: "There is no doubt within the scientific community that we are affecting the climate, that the climate is changing and responding to our emissions of greenhouse gases.">>
Yes, I witnessed that circus.

Ted has apparently forgotten Muller's recent BEST study, which was statistics, and concluded that there was a very STRONG case for AGW.
litesong

Everett, WA

#33997 Jan 28, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
IMO large couldn't be English. To my knowledge, kkk doesn't exist outside the USA.
Whatever is in the UK, England swings across the sea like a pendulum do.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/local/p...
litesong

Everett, WA

#33998 Jan 28, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Whatever is in the UK, England swings across the sea like a pendulum do.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/local/p ...
//////////
litesong continues:
Years ago, I heard the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) was starting things up in Germany, but the neo-nazies were against them. They figured ya gotta keep control of all the hate.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33999 Jan 28, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is:
Like this one:
==========
However the lie can be told, they will tell it. Exaggeration, omission, stale news, fake and junk science, ignorance...lies, lies, lies. For all their reasons; there are as many deniers in the world as there are ??? people like us?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. They are a vocal minority.

True skeptics can help refine the science. Ambulance chasers will grab the headlines.
litesong

Everett, WA

#34000 Jan 28, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
No, no, no. You swim in the ice water...I prefer to drink it.
I wouldn't do too good in Washington state, though I know it's beautiful. I hate to be cold.
If ya ever get up this way, stay in Eastern Washington 'bout the 3 or 4 week in July to stay good & hot. Parts of eastern Washington (two mountain ranges away from the 200 inches of rain per year of the coastline), are desert areas(<10 inches of rain per year).

Met someone from Mississippi last summer & autumn. They had planned for the summer but were delayed getting back to home, till late October. Despite a 3 month period of no rain which they considered OK, they agreed with you that Washington is NOT the place to be for southern folk, as the sun slips low to the south. In truth, in northern Washington at the beginning of winter, the maximum elevation of the sun at its noon time highest, is only 18.5 arcdeg off the southern horizon & short periods of daylight.
litesong

Everett, WA

#34001 Jan 28, 2013
Large lying language wrote:
Boring litesong.
Sorry, I can't be as exciting as a good night of cross burning.
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

#34002 Jan 28, 2013
SpaceCase wrote:
<quoted text>
(Another juvenile troll snipped)
Troll. Ignore.

"Flagging trolls until Topix lets you killfile the scum."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Tony Rome 1,111,066
Review: DRS Fantom Works (Jul '13) 10 hr jimyjamma 35
Bring Back The DRAFT 15 hr PPPPPP 2
ex crabber Sep 20 Jett 1
Activities Sep 20 April Horace 1
'Nashville Star' show to hold casting call -- V... (Apr '08) Sep 19 ghostlady 8
Ida Barbour remembered (Feb '11) Sep 19 doobie 16
•••
•••
•••