Comments
1 - 20 of 148 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2012
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
concerned fb dad

Thomasville, GA

#1 Apr 29, 2011
He is causing major problems for our kids at school
He does nothing in class, but my problem is not his coaching or teaching. He is notorious for brimging in kids and playing them in front of our kids from hampton
I like to win but not with kids from eliz. And avery
One kid has already quit and more are talking about it. He also has the dirtiest mouth ever ro our kids
Lets stand up parents and call whoever we need to stop these two thingsz.
Win at all cost dont work for me please help
Shirley Ellis5474000
former student

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Apr 29, 2011
He did the same thing at cloudland. Everyone thought it was his great coaching abilities, but the facts are the only thing he could take credit for is cheating. Parents you should watch out for your young girls as well. He slept with a student from cloudland who got pregnant in high shcool and his name is mikey
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#3 Apr 29, 2011
Wow Haha I guarantee your children are a bunch of p*ssies they are in freakin high school they ain't babies anymore so if there precious little ears hear a dirty word it will be okay I promise :) and I know that isn't true so idk who your talking too, if he impregnated a high school student while he was teaching he would still be sitting in prison so get your facts straight and BTW he is one of the best coaches around here. Numbers don't lie.
Future Teacher

Nashville, TN

#4 Apr 29, 2011
They fact is...he is a teacher. He need to set an example beyond all others as a teacher. That means no cursing, treating students with respect as well as being an example in the community. Great coach or not...these are the qualities our children/students need to be learning in the education system.
MLK

Blacksburg, SC

#5 Apr 29, 2011
I have had two run ins with him and have called school and ellis
Nothinh will be done same ole boys sysyem
I had a kid at hhs that played I stood at fence and jeard worse cuss words than sailors use. Trust me no kid needs to be talked to like that . Bulldog69 sure they need some motivation but not this kind.
I ask all to go to practice or a game u will be disguessted.
Dr ellis should go listen to this mess. Winning is not that important
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#6 Apr 30, 2011
This is exactly why kids these days think its okay to fail and that its okay to quit when there something you don't like. Once a quitter always a quitter.
priceless

Salisbury, NC

#7 May 2, 2011
I always thought he had a dirty mouth
69 I bet u dont have any kids do you? If so u wouldnt want them talked to like he does
high time

United States

#8 May 2, 2011
Wait yall are complaining about cuss words when jc Campbell coached for a hundred years and cussed a blue streak every practice?
vietvet

Cleveland, TN

#9 May 2, 2011
high time wrote:
Wait yall are complaining about cuss words when jc Campbell coached for a hundred years and cussed a blue streak every practice?
And thats not the half of it .Glad he is gone
Anonymous

Fayetteville, NC

#10 May 2, 2011
You all are pathetic its almost sickening how soft people are these days. It's football if you can't handle it go to the house.
bob

White Pine, TN

#11 May 2, 2011
I had him in class. And I can tell you we did stuff, He tought class, then we got free time afterwards. And when I had him for lifting either we lifted or we switched classes. so he does teach, and the only time he had a dirty mouth is when the football players were present and believe it or not hes not the only teacher who has a dirty mouth pretty much all the teachers do but there is nothing wrong with it that is their personality and this is high school we are not in elementary anymore. i hate how parents complain about their kids getting cussed out..news flash this has been happening for 50 years in sports. coach white has been doing it forever somtimes you gotta get cursed to play better. hell it even happend to me in middle school leon tolley cussed us everyday. its life!..now he did favor the girls over the guys and not make the girls do anything but hes never had any relations with the girls.
pwt

Irmo, SC

#12 May 2, 2011
Why do teachers not cuss u in class when u fail an assignment? Bc its not right and should not be happening anytime! I do not want my child cursed. You may say they need it but my kid should not be cursed. You can fuss all u want no cursing im trying to teach them right from wrong
Anonymous

Faith, NC

#13 May 2, 2011
bob wrote:
I had him in class. And I can tell you we did stuff, He tought class, then we got free time afterwards. And when I had him for lifting either we lifted or we switched classes. so he does teach, and the only time he had a dirty mouth is when the football players were present and believe it or not hes not the only teacher who has a dirty mouth pretty much all the teachers do but there is nothing wrong with it that is their personality and this is high school we are not in elementary anymore. i hate how parents complain about their kids getting cussed out..news flash this has been happening for 50 years in sports. coach white has been doing it forever somtimes you gotta get cursed to play better. hell it even happend to me in middle school leon tolley cussed us everyday. its life!..now he did favor the girls over the guys and not make the girls do anything but hes never had any relations with the girls.
thank you I'm glad there is still somebody that isn't soft around here these people just don't understand what motivation is its a shame.
Concerned

Johnson City, TN

#14 May 4, 2011
htowndog69 wrote:
Wow Haha I guarantee your children are a bunch of p*ssies they are in freakin high school they ain't babies anymore so if there precious little ears hear a dirty word it will be okay I promise :) and I know that isn't true so idk who your talking too, if he impregnated a high school student while he was teaching he would still be sitting in prison so get your facts straight and BTW he is one of the best coaches around here. Numbers don't lie.
It would surprise me more if had got sent to prison...Carter County would rather cover up stuff that deal with it. As for the foul language, most of our kids are UNDERAGED which means its not appropriate to use language like that around them. If the adults do it then kids will do it to. Seriously! wake up and realize its crap like this that is giving Hampton a bad name.
Anonymous

Irmo, SC

#15 May 4, 2011
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
It would surprise me more if had got sent to prison...Carter County would rather cover up stuff that deal with it. As for the foul language, most of our kids are UNDERAGED which means its not appropriate to use language like that around them. If the adults do it then kids will do it to. Seriously! wake up and realize its crap like this that is giving Hampton a bad name.
what's giving Hampton a bad name is all these whiny parents that wanna complain about every little thing if your little boy can't take an a**chewing like a man then take him home its as simple as that.
Onlooker

Abingdon, VA

#16 May 4, 2011
hell it even happend to me in middle school leon tolley cussed us everyday. its life!
Cussed you everyday? Doesnt sound like the person I know.I believe you are exaggerating. He may let a word slip every now and then but I personally have never known him to cuss a player
Everyday? would like to know what he said because I know him fairly well and he doesnt do that.
Booger

United States

#17 May 6, 2011
The language is bad, but it makes it worse when they allow the kids to do it as well. As far as being a good coach goes, we'll see. He has had a fortunate run of talent come through that is drying up. There is no discipline, and his idea of conditioning is some light lifting and running plays. Rarely see the kids running and it shows late in games when they are all hugging their knees. The Edwards kid will prove if Lunsford is a good coach. Biggest weakness is the line. They have two good backs in Waters and Adkins with the new QB from Avery. Edwards is the biggest boy on the team. If he plays anywhere but the oline or dline. then that will prove that the kids coach this team not Lunsford. Brett Price would cuss Lunsford to his face & still start every week. Logan Andrewsvwhined his way off the dline. Im guessing Edwards will be the next one to pick his position. We'll see.
Anonymous

United States

#18 May 6, 2011
Booger wrote:
The language is bad, but it makes it worse when they allow the kids to do it as well. As far as being a good coach goes, we'll see. He has had a fortunate run of talent come through that is drying up. There is no discipline, and his idea of conditioning is some light lifting and running plays. Rarely see the kids running and it shows late in games when they are all hugging their knees. The Edwards kid will prove if Lunsford is a good coach. Biggest weakness is the line. They have two good backs in Waters and Adkins with the new QB from Avery. Edwards is the biggest boy on the team. If he plays anywhere but the oline or dline. then that will prove that the kids coach this team not Lunsford. Brett Price would cuss Lunsford to his face & still start every week. Logan Andrewsvwhined his way off the dline. Im guessing Edwards will be the next one to pick his position. We'll see.
do you play on the team? You must since you know so much let me guess your a senior that only plays on punt team lol quit being jealous of everybody its pretty dumb
pwt

Irmo, SC

#19 May 6, 2011
Cussing is a sign of insecurity
waters14

Irmo, SC

#20 May 6, 2011
Edwards stays hurt physically and mentally, lunsford should play him in oline. But youall know how that goes

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 23 min NTMD8OR 146,318
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 37 min ConcernedProspect 162
Susan Belcher must you cost the county money ve... 49 min Really 2
selling porn in hampton (Dec '12) 1 hr brittanylaverne 16
chad at the corner market (Oct '13) 1 hr brittanylaverne 2
the dressing room downtown (Apr '12) 4 hr curious 23
County pleased with TCAP scores((FALSIFIED SCOR... 4 hr Parent 48
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hampton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hampton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••