so whats the story about clarktown?

so whats the story about clarktown?

Posted in the Hampton Forum

alexander delarge

United States

#1 Oct 5, 2010
Ive been goin back there for years campin and four wheelin, but never knew how it came to be. Is it a deserted town? Whats the history about it?
curtis low

United States

#2 Oct 6, 2010
That's where Vernon Shane Whitehead takes his kindergarten girlfriends and F*$ks them lol freak!!
killer

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2012
It was a old town but the plague came threw and killed everyone.
redcouchdog

United States

#4 May 24, 2012
clarktown was a small town at one time but most of the people died from smallpoxes and now it is just a place for people to camp and ride 4wheelers and horses now you know!!!!!!!!!!
wooah

Jonesborough, TN

#5 May 30, 2012
redcouchdog wrote:
clarktown was a small town at one time but most of the people died from smallpoxes and now it is just a place for people to camp and ride 4wheelers and horses now you know!!!!!!!!!!
sounds like my hometown...
Uh Oh

Mckenzie, TN

#6 Jun 22, 2012
alexander delarge wrote:
Ive been goin back there for years campin and four wheelin, but never knew how it came to be. Is it a deserted town? Whats the history about it?
It was a small town up in Fairview that the Clark's est. when they moved here from NC. There is a lot of history behind it if you study it. The plague came through and killed a lot of people there but not all of them. I know because they are my family. One of them maybe more was married to Indians. I know because my grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee Indian. I have a book that tells a lot about Clark Town. Was interesting to read.
verycurious

United States

#7 Jun 24, 2012
Uh Oh wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a small town up in Fairview that the Clark's est. when they moved here from NC. There is a lot of history behind it if you study it. The plague came through and killed a lot of people there but not all of them. I know because they are my family. One of them maybe more was married to Indians. I know because my grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee Indian. I have a book that tells a lot about Clark Town. Was interesting to read.
What is the name of the book? I would love to read it. And also learn more about the history of the Clarks that settled Clarktown. I'm related and my grandmother was part Cherokee indian so we may have some relation.
Dana

Cookeville, TN

#8 Sep 4, 2013
I've always wondered about Clarktown when I saw it on a map in my High School days in the early 70s. I'm going to visit that area tomorrow. I know there nothing left of the town. However, there is a cemetary, an old church & Ripshin lake. I've never been up there before. A friend says his father was raised in that area. My friend & I are going there to check it out. The Smallpox thing is interesting. A lot of settlers, as well as Native Americans, fell victim to that horrible disease. I would like to know the name of the book referenced by "Uh Oh" from JC. Thanks.
wilson

Johnson City, TN

#9 Sep 15, 2013
U all don't know. Oh yea its private land how I know. I own 100 acres up there
wilson

Johnson City, TN

#13 Sep 18, 2013
Nver heard any of them names I look at ththe deeds don't see it
Joyce

United States

#15 Sep 21, 2013
wilson wrote:
Nver heard any of them names I look at ththe deeds don't see it
my mom grew up there.
Michael Bailey

Lithonia, GA

#16 Oct 29, 2013
Wilson can I come camp on your 100 acres ?
dej

La Follette, TN

#17 Sep 22, 2014
wilson wrote:
U all don't know. Oh yea its private land how I know. I own 100 acres up there
Howdy neighbor. I'm Alfred Clark's grandson. Dad talks about hauling lumber down with mules from clarktown and I know scalfs that was still living up there.
Jed clark

United States

#18 Sep 14, 2016
Uh Oh wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a small town up in Fairview that the Clark's est. when they moved here from NC. There is a lot of history behind it if you study it. The plague came through and killed a lot of people there but not all of them. I know because they are my family. One of them maybe more was married to Indians. I know because my grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee Indian. I have a book that tells a lot about Clark Town. Was interesting to read.
What is the books name, alfred clark is my papaw
king333

League City, TX

#19 Sep 14, 2016
Jed clark wrote:
<quoted text>

What is the books name, alfred clark is my papaw
The name of the book is "Small Communities in the Tennessee Mountains". It was written by Carlson Smithpeters. It does talk a lot about the Clarktown and the minnow ponds. It also talks about Laurel Fork, Chucky, and Rittertown. It talks about the murder in Roan Mountain that occurred in the 1940's on Jane Bald (devil worshipers). It is a very interesting book. Not sure it is still in publication. I would suggest looking on eBay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is going in Ingles shopping plaza? 1 min Mistyblue0351 15
Melinda Buchanan 1 hr Mike 57
nate morabito is an evil leprechan (Aug '13) 5 hr Hard Core News 24
What happened 5 hr Sigmund Floyd the... 9
Tara Collins 5 hr Lucys pal 11
INSIDE CARTER COUNTY JAIL(the things you dont k... (Dec '12) 5 hr Bunkmate 347
Heather Taylor (Sep '12) 5 hr Smh 12

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages