Hampton/Cloudland Alumni Game

Posted in the Hampton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Crush

Dandridge, TN

#1 Aug 14, 2012
Anyone know the date, place, time, cost of this? Haven't seen it advertised or talked about anywhere. Heard it was this Saturday, but trying to find out for sure.
CrookDog

Monroe, NC

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Not this Saturday for sure...
Crush

Snow Hill, NC

#3 Aug 16, 2012
Now I'm hearing that Cloudland chickened out and Unaka was too afraid of playing HV. So, now its supposed to Hampton vs HV and that it is THIS Saturday. Anyone know anything about this game? Seems odd that no one knows about this. The alumni football company usually does some advertising, but I've seen nothing.
CrookDog

United States

#4 Aug 16, 2012
Hampton does not play this Saturday ...according to their players they're not sure which Sat they will play
toosad
#5 Aug 17, 2012
this is dumb these guys all need to get over the fact that its OVER.
BulldogMania

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 27, 2012
who knows lol
Chip

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 27, 2012
September 8th at Hampton. Starts at 7:30 cost is 5.00 dollars for everyone except for kids 7 and under they get in free.
godogs

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 28, 2012
I think it should be fun to watch. So what if some are older. Thats why its called an "Alumni Game".
Chip

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 28, 2012
I think that it will be fun to watch to. My husband use to play football for Cloudland and we were hoping that he would get to play but things didn't work out but we are going to watch and plus the money they raise is going for a good cause.
godogs

Knoxville, TN

#10 Aug 29, 2012
I hope alot of people come out to watch!
Noone Cares

Knoxville, TN

#11 Aug 29, 2012
I'm guessing they chose night time due to a Tennessee game conflict. However, on a Saturday night, very few people will choose to pay and watch a handful of grown ups clinging to the "glory days". I am surprised that Adam Townsend would risk injury in something like this with such potential in his fighting career. Could be a ridiculously silly mistake.
mtngrl

Johnson City, TN

#12 Aug 29, 2012
I think it sounds fun. Who else is playing? And that good cause does the money go for?
Chip

Johnson City, TN

#13 Aug 29, 2012
It goes to the school's.
mommy

Knoxville, TN

#14 Aug 29, 2012
Noone Cares wrote:
I'm guessing they chose night time due to a Tennessee game conflict. However, on a Saturday night, very few people will choose to pay and watch a handful of grown ups clinging to the "glory days". I am surprised that Adam Townsend would risk injury in something like this with such potential in his fighting career. Could be a ridiculously silly mistake.
Wow! Aren't you just a stick in the mud! It is a fundraiser for the school.
Noone Cares

Sneedville, TN

#15 Aug 30, 2012
Fundraiser is a convenient excuse. Besides, we already know the simplest and best fundraiser is just to recruit rich kids from NC. Practically got all new facilities out of that one.
Noone Cares

United States

#16 Aug 30, 2012
And before anyone starts, I like the kid and his parents. I also have doubt the financial contributions came from the goodness of their hearts. It's mote of an indictment on the coach and school to go along with so many loopholes to get him to play there.
Noone Cares

United States

#17 Aug 30, 2012
I meant to say " have no doubt..."
Chip

Johnson City, TN

#18 Aug 30, 2012
I am not gonna start because that would just be dumb. And you have the right to your opinion as I have a right to mine. My husband played for Cloudland and was one of the best football players that ever played for them. But like I said I am not gonna start with anyone because it is a fundraiser to raise money for the schools and I think that is a awesome way of showing your support to the schools.
mtngrl

Johnson City, TN

#19 Aug 30, 2012
Sooooo....do we get alumni cheerleaders too?
Chip

Johnson City, TN

#20 Aug 30, 2012
LOL I have no idea. I haven't heard anything about cheerleaders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tax And Spend David Tomita 14 min Won Big 39
New carwash 52 min Rachael 1
clw delivery? (Apr '12) 1 hr NowYouKnow 9
hcg 2 hr test 3
"carter county republicans?" (Jun '11) 7 hr Long_hair_dont_care 15
To the drivers in CC (Feb '09) 7 hr Long_hair_dont_care 67
Fake Muslim Democrat at DNC 10 hr no TY Towel head 191

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance