3 men's assets targeted

3 men's assets targeted

There are 26677 comments on the The State story from May 30, 2007, titled 3 men's assets targeted. In it, The State reports that:

S.C. Attorney General Henry McMaster seeks to permanently freeze the assets of an alleged $17 million investment scheme at a hearing today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

Justice

United States

#30976 Dec 17, 2010
Strawman wrote:
<quoted text>Joe Jr...
What's wrong...got to use others usernames??? LMAO! GUILTY AS Charged!
You can do a better than that liar!
Lanny

Germany

#30977 Dec 17, 2010
Strawman wrote:
<quoted text>Joe Jr...
Drake you sound unsure of yourself..lmao!
Com on man

Alexandria, VA

#30978 Dec 21, 2010
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Drake I told you were a big liar. You know this is me. Stop pretending I am others. You lose I win!!!
Joe Jr...

There you go again...after you and your daddy getting kicked, you have to use different usernames. I guess I would do the same after eating my do-doo burgers. How does the corn taste?? LOL!
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30979 Dec 21, 2010
Lanny wrote:
<quoted text>
Drake you sound unsure of yourself..lmao!
And you sound gay.
Jessup

Houston, TX

#30980 Dec 21, 2010
Strawman wrote:
<quoted text>Joe Jr...
You are one dumb nutt!!
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30981 Dec 23, 2010
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one dumb nutt!!
Joe Jr..

So are you? How is daddy doing in jail? I heard they shipped him and his two other boys to the big fed pin. By now, he should be getting fully acquainted with his newest male sex partners. LMAO!!

Shalom...shalom....
CYNIC

AOL

#30982 Dec 27, 2010
A grant administered by the SC Bar Foundation led to the conviction of Sakima Bey on June 11, 2008.
Bey was charged with the felony crime of the Unauthorized Practice of Law following a two-day trial
in Richland County Circuit Court. The Defendant was charged with violation of SC Code Ann.§ 40-5-310
following a series of events in which he interjected himself into Circuit Court Proceedings involving the
entities known as the Three Hebrew Boys and Capital Consortium Group. Bey identified himself as an
attorney for Capital Consortium Group to a process server and accepted service on their behalf, filed
various motions with the Circuit Court seeking “removal” of the action from State court and appeared in
Circuit Court identifying himself as an attorney.
During trial, the Jury heard details of Bey’s actions from agents of the SC
Law Enforcement Division as well as FBI investigators who encountered Bey
numerous times as they investigated the Three Hebrew Boys. Bob Wells,
Executive Director of the SC Bar, and Brad Cunningham, Chairman of the Bar’s
UPL Committee, testified regarding the stringent licensing process for SC
lawyers and to the fact that Bey was not a licensed attorney. Mr. Wells stressed
the Bar’s goal to protect the public from the disastrous consequences of legal
advice given by non-lawyers.
The Honorable Judge James E. Lockemy presided. At sentencing, Judge
Lockemy stressed the need to protect the public. He gave Bey a two-year
sentence, suspended to five months’ incarceration, with two years of
probation, during which any future violations could result in his having to
serve the remainder of his sentence.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant Attorney General Allen Myrick. Attorney
General Henry McMaster stated,“I am pleased with the work the Office has
done this week and our efforts so far to protect the public from being taken
advantage of by those engaged in the unauthorized practice of law.”
Since its formation, this new section of the Attorney General’s Office
successfully has resolved 13 UPL cases and has approximately 35
investigations ongoing. More trials are scheduled this summer.
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30983 Dec 27, 2010
CYNIC wrote:
A grant administered by the SC Bar Foundation led to the conviction of Sakima Bey on June 11, 2008.
Bey was charged with the felony crime of the Unauthorized Practice of Law following a two-day trial
in Richland County Circuit Court. The Defendant was charged with violation of SC Code Ann.§ 40-5-310
following a series of events in which he interjected himself into Circuit Court Proceedings involving the
entities known as the Three Hebrew Boys and Capital Consortium Group. Bey identified himself as an
attorney for Capital Consortium Group to a process server and accepted service on their behalf, filed
various motions with the Circuit Court seeking “removal” of the action from State court and appeared in
Circuit Court identifying himself as an attorney.
During trial, the Jury heard details of Bey’s actions from agents of the SC
Law Enforcement Division as well as FBI investigators who encountered Bey
numerous times as they investigated the Three Hebrew Boys. Bob Wells,
Executive Director of the SC Bar, and Brad Cunningham, Chairman of the Bar’s
UPL Committee, testified regarding the stringent licensing process for SC
lawyers and to the fact that Bey was not a licensed attorney. Mr. Wells stressed
the Bar’s goal to protect the public from the disastrous consequences of legal
advice given by non-lawyers.
The Honorable Judge James E. Lockemy presided. At sentencing, Judge
Lockemy stressed the need to protect the public. He gave Bey a two-year
sentence, suspended to five months’ incarceration, with two years of
probation, during which any future violations could result in his having to
serve the remainder of his sentence.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant Attorney General Allen Myrick. Attorney
General Henry McMaster stated,“I am pleased with the work the Office has
done this week and our efforts so far to protect the public from being taken
advantage of by those engaged in the unauthorized practice of law.”
Since its formation, this new section of the Attorney General’s Office
successfully has resolved 13 UPL cases and has approximately 35
investigations ongoing. More trials are scheduled this summer.
I guess attending FREEDOM LAW SCHOOL and watching 48 eposides of Law & Order doesn't qualify him as an attorney. LMAO!!
Times Run Out

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#30984 Dec 29, 2010
From the time this scam was exposed 3 years ago, the end result was very predictable. 3HB/CCG turned out to be another classic example of the liars and cheats that is seen on "American Greed". Crooks run their scams without any regard for peoples lives. Getting the money at any cost is all that matters to these theives.

I thank those of you who engaged in an intelligent, informative, civil conversation about this case. Everybody have a great life. This case is closed for me.

Justice has been served!! Dec 2010

M in Columbia

AOL

#30985 Jan 19, 2011
'3 Hebrew Boys' appeal decades-long sentences

Associated Press - January 19, 2011 2:45 PM ET

COLUMBIA, S.C.(AP)- Three men who called themselves the "3 Hebrew Boys" are appealing their convictions on charges that they fleeced thousands of people out of more than $80 million.

Joseph Brunson, Timothy McQueen and Tony Pough (pyoo) made the request in court documents filed Tuesday.

Last month, U.S. District Judge Margaret Seymour sentenced Brunson and McQueen to 27 years in prison and Pough to 30 years. All three also were ordered to repay $82 million in restitution.

The three were convicted in 2009 on dozens of charges. Authorities say the men claimed they could make amazing returns in currency markets but actually invested less than $1 out of every $10,000 they were given, spending the cash on themselves.

The three said they didn't do anything wrong and only wanted to help people.
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30986 Jan 20, 2011
Let me guess who filed court docs for them....Samkia Francis Bey. LMAO!
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30987 Feb 8, 2011
3 months down, 29 years to go. LMAO!
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30989 Feb 23, 2011
Looks like Obama will win hands down if this is all the GOP has to offer.

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich was confronted Tuesday night by a college student asking about his extramarital affair during the 1990s.

"You adamantly oppose gay rights... but you've also been married three times and admitted to having an affair with your current wife while you were still married to your second," Isabel Friedman, president of the Penn Democrats, asked Gingrich after a speech at the University of Pennsylvania, according to Politico. "As a successful politician who's considering running for president, who would set the bar for moral conduct and be the voice of the American people, how do you reconcile this hypocritical interpretation of the religious values that you so vigorously defend?"

Revelations of Gingrich's infidelity triggered intense scrutiny, especially considering his own role in the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal, though some have suggested that the Speaker of the House and the President had then bonded over their indiscretions. Despite prior candor on the matter, however, Gingrich held his ground on Tuesday.

"I'll bet almost everybody here can gather the thrust of your question," he said. "I appreciate the delicacy and generosity in the way it was framed.... I hope you feel better about yourself.

Gingrich, who has been floated as a potential 2012 presidential candidate, then offered an explanation similar to the ones he's given before.

"I've had a life which, on occasion, has had problems," Gingrich said. "I believe in a forgiving God, and the American people will have to decide whether that their primary concern. If the primary concern of the American people is my past, my candidacy would be irrelevant. If the primary concern of the American people is the future... that's a debate I'll be happy to have with your candidate or any other candidate if I decide to run."
concerned investor

Franklin, MI

#30990 Mar 8, 2011
Hey,

I curious to know if anyones has any idea of how ong it will take the recieved ship office to to get through the the claims process. The last I heard was around mid April to mid May on the possiblilty of it being submitted to the courts and the claimants getting a notice of what to expect as their settlement. I'm curios to know if any has heard anything else are have an ideal of what to expect. I have gone to their the recievership website and it looks like it was last update on 1/25/11 with a court case being cancelled.
pimpin

AOL

#30991 Mar 8, 2011
who cares. get a life jerk
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30992 Mar 8, 2011
pimpin wrote:
who cares. get a life jerk
You obviously care because you responded. LMAO! What an idiot!! If you don't care why check or respond? I have control over you. LOL!
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30993 Mar 8, 2011
concerned investor wrote:
Hey,
I curious to know if anyones has any idea of how ong it will take the recieved ship office to to get through the the claims process. The last I heard was around mid April to mid May on the possiblilty of it being submitted to the courts and the claimants getting a notice of what to expect as their settlement. I'm curios to know if any has heard anything else are have an ideal of what to expect. I have gone to their the recievership website and it looks like it was last update on 1/25/11 with a court case being cancelled.
Sorry...don't know much about this. The only thing I would suggest is to contact the Receiver to get an update.
needa

Norfolk, VA

#30994 Mar 8, 2011
drake wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry...don't know much about this. The only thing I would suggest is to contact the Receiver to get an update.
That money is gone. Us "so called investors" wont get anything. What we did get is a VALUABLE lesson.
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30995 Mar 9, 2011
needa wrote:
<quoted text> That money is gone. Us "so called investors" wont get anything. What we did get is a VALUABLE lesson.
That's funny the Receiver saids different. Do you have proof of your claim?? Don't worry...I will wait for your response with proof.
drake

Alexandria, VA

#30996 Mar 9, 2011
needa wrote:
<quoted text> That money is gone. Us "so called investors" wont get anything. What we did get is a VALUABLE lesson.
The other VALUABLE lesson for you is to never trust doing business with a little fat blackman that has a prior record.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fight at federal prison in SC sends 9 to hospital (Jun '11) Apr 13 Reality 17
South Carolina Trophy Whitetails (Feb '11) Apr 7 Mark jr 7
south carolina trophy hunts Feb '16 turkey jerky steve 1
News What time is Republican presidential town hall ... Feb '16 Golf Foxtrot Yankee 2
Mayor stole Christmas decorations. Dec '15 gbmom 1
find my sister (Oct '15) Oct '15 just wondering 1
News 'Duck Dynasty' star backs Jindal as his pick fo... (May '15) Sep '15 swedenforever 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages