Man faces court in '78 Easton homicide

Marilyn Belmonte had a bittersweet birthday today. The Hampton, N.J., woman got to see the criminal case against Robert W. White Jr., the man accused in the killing of her sister nearly 30 years ago, sent to ... Full Story
Ina Hurry

Trenton, NJ

#1 Apr 29, 2008
This is really some bs... I am going to watch this up close... DNA from 30 years ago, they didn't even know how to properly store DNA... Another example of using the black man as a scapegoat... BS...
hmmmm

Livingston, TX

#2 Apr 29, 2008
Is that Roger Clemens as his attorney?

Saylorsburg, PA

#3 Apr 29, 2008
I know you really meant another example of a black man who is sub-human. Read the link to the original story.
Nunya

Dublin, PA

#4 Apr 29, 2008
If that were the case they would have just arrested him 30 years old. This everything being blamed on the black man mentality is getting old.
In the HOOD

AOL

#5 Apr 29, 2008
I want to thank the detective in this case, For going the extra mile to solve this case, You really stand out as a great detective, Keep working those cases and be safe..
Say Now

North Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 29, 2008
Guy's name came up in an unrelated DNA match. Not exactly fancy detective work here. Better lucky than good though.
joe poli

AOL

#7 Apr 29, 2008
Osama Bin Laden is black.
engima

Santa Ana, CA

#8 Apr 29, 2008
What is with saying on the the
T-shirt? "Mind of a married man"? Is is trying to make some kind of statement?
Be Proud EPD

Spring Mount, PA

#9 Apr 29, 2008
Ina Hurry...Are you SERIOUS? Have you read this guy's rap sheet? Doesn't matter how the DNA was stored...a match is a match...and yes, it was good science...however, good detective work OPENED the case and made it solid...EPD deserves a big pat on the back for this one!
lackofcredit

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Apr 29, 2008
Congrats to EPD! Why are there always so many negative comments when the police are shown in questionable light? However, when they do something worth credit ,rarely is it given? Good job to the police and best wishes to the victim's family...
engima

Santa Ana, CA

#11 Apr 29, 2008
Be Proud EPD wrote:
Ina Hurry...Are you SERIOUS? Have you read this guy's rap sheet? Doesn't matter how the DNA was stored...a match is a match...and yes, it was good science...however, good detective work OPENED the case and made it solid...EPD deserves a big pat on the back for this one!
I agree. Good job EPD! This is really strange that the younger sister lived next door to the murderer, or did I misread that?
billy

Allentown, PA

#12 Apr 29, 2008
is this what roger clemens is doing these days??? representing murder suspects?
Are You Serious

Somerset, NJ

#13 Apr 29, 2008
Come on seriously are some of you that stupid. If you are talking about the man walking next to him in the photo as being Roger Clemens and representing him. That would be a detective. He is wearing a police badge on his pants.
Yeah

Kalamazoo, MI

#14 Apr 29, 2008
Ina Hurry wrote:
Another example of using the black man as a scapegoat... BS...
Yeah, they just happened to coincidentally match the DNA from a man in Virginia to a murder that happened in Easton in 1978 - and he lived next door to the victim at the time. Yeah, I'm sure this is BS. Just a huge coincidence.
how sad

Emmaus, PA

#15 Apr 30, 2008
I do not know anyone involved in this case. Not the victim, the family, the cops, or the defendant. Regardless, my thoughts go out to the family of this young girl. To the police: Good for you for not giving up. I am sure that her now deceased parents are resting more peacefully because of your continued work for justice. Hopefully some peace will come to all involved.
slurch

Allentown, PA

#16 Apr 30, 2008
Nunya wrote:
If that were the case they would have just arrested him 30 years old. This everything being blamed on the black man mentality is getting old.
you're a reject
slurch

Allentown, PA

#17 Apr 30, 2008
lackofcredit wrote:
Congrats to EPD! Why are there always so many negative comments when the police are shown in questionable light? However, when they do something worth credit ,rarely is it given? Good job to the police and best wishes to the victim's family...
i believe there are hard working cops there....but shlt runs doenshill. if the public feels you have poor leaders then it casts a cloud over everyone. well with that said, woever this detective was, he and the bosses should be proud
zlug

Allentown, PA

#18 Apr 30, 2008
billy wrote:
is this what roger clemens is doing these days??? representing murder suspects?
i never knew roger clemens was short like that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Director wants physicals for drivers age 40 and... Dec '14 jack 2
Feds say hackers targeted Microsoft, game makers Oct '14 BLOODY__FATALITY 3
Shop Rite Sep '14 want to get away 1
Review: First Choice Care LLC Sep '14 anonymous 1
Review: Campagna, William D Phd - William D Cam... (Sep '11) Jul '14 Worried Grandma 19
Review: Winnewald Day Camp (Jul '14) Jul '14 Diabetees Mom 1
Looking for a daycare open on Saturdays near Gl... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Awatts 1

Hampton News Video

Hampton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:49 am PST