Just plain wrong: Mack vs Henning

Posted in the Hampton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Objective Observer

Washington, NJ

#1 Jul 12, 2009
If anyone has been to Dr.Gunnar Henning while he was working at his Rt.31 office I'm sure you found his services superlative and his caring manner refreshing amongst todays health professionals. I was saddened to see him retire but was reassured I would be in fine hands with his predasessor Dr.Mack.He wasn't wrong I have no
complaints.What upsets me though is what I heard on the street.Gunnar sold his practice to Mack
with stipulations regarding a time frame and distance that would allow Guunar to start a new business of his original one.On one of my jaunts through Washington,what do i see is Gunnar set up for business on the corner of belvidere and main.I was totally floored to see this. It seemed to be so out of character for Gunnar to act in this manner.Especially with him being a churh man.
Objective Observer 2

New Castle, DE

#2 Oct 19, 2009
I agree wholeheartedly, it is just plain wrong.
As it says in the bible: Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing. People are not always as they seem.
Dr. Mack, however is genuine and straight forward not to mention a really good chiropractor.
objective observer

Cherry Hill, NJ

#3 Dec 29, 2009
Objective Observer 2 wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly, it is just plain wrong.
As it says in the bible: Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing. People are not always as they seem.
Dr. Mack, however is genuine and straight forward not to mention a really good chiropractor.
Dr.Mack took Henning to court and won, hands down.Henning took his
opulent sign down and has left the building."Professional " office space now available.
NJc

East Orange, NJ

#4 Feb 2, 2010
There may be more to the story. Gunnar Henning has been on the agenda of the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners for some type of a disciplinary action in June through Sept of 2009.
objective observer 3

South Orange, NJ

#5 Feb 16, 2010
The state board disciplinary action is unrelated to the court case Dr. Mack brought against Henning. It was related to a complaint against Henning by a former employee that occurred before he sold the practice. He failed to respond to the original findings of the board, so the board had to pursue the issue again.
Just so people are clear, the sheriff sale that keeps being re-scheduled in Henning's new Flemington office is also completely unrelated to the court case brought by Dr. Mack. That is related to a financial judgment against Henning for the physical therapy office he owned- another case of a business deal in which he apparently did not honor his end of the bargain.
lynnanne

Philadelphia, PA

#6 May 7, 2010
I have had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with this man... as shady as you can get.
NJ Doc

East Meadow, NY

#7 Oct 17, 2010
I had the unfortunate experience of a brief but traumatic professional relationship with Mr. Henning. I refuse to refer to him as Doctor because in my opinion he has not earned the respect either as a professional or a clinician.

It's great how life always catches up to those that deserve it. Perhaps a search of the NJ and Virginia Chiropractic Boards can provide insight into the true character of Gunner.
Objective Observer

Washington, NJ

#8 Oct 30, 2010
Karma In Overdrive!!!!!!!

MONTICELLO Deputies are investigating the roles of a New Jersey chiropractor and a Sullivan County physical therapist in the case of patient files found dumped outside the closed DRC Physical Therapy Plus in Monticello. Officials on Saturday seized hundreds of records after they were found in the parking lot of the Thompson Square Mall.

The files, some dating to 1998, included sheets with names, addresses and birth dates of patients and, in some cases, Social Security numbers.

DRC closed last year under the weight of lawsuits and debts. Gunnar Henning, a chiropractor from Flemington, N.J., bought the business in 2005.

Michael Parlapiano, a physical therapist licensed in New York, was working in the offices around the time they closed.He is now employed at Catskill Regional Medical Center in Harris.

Henning and Parlapiano didn't return calls.

"The sheriff's department is trying to determine whether Henning or Parlapiano are on the hook for abandoning those records," Undersheriff Eric Chaboty said. "The sheriff's office had to act quickly to prevent identity thefts from happening."

Chaboty also said even if they do determine responsibility, it's still unclear if any crime has been committed. Deputies were researching rules regarding the retention of patient records.

Within a year of buying the business, Henning was embroiled in a lawsuit with the previous owner and founder, Dawn Falisi. The business had offices in Monticello and Liberty, both of which have closed. Authorities don't know what happened to files in the Liberty office.

According to court records, DRC immediately struggled after Henning took over. He stopped making monthly payments on a $562,000 promissory note on Feb. 15, 2006, court records say. He purchased the business for $1.2 million.

In April 2009, Falisi was awarded a $759,807 judgment, and the offices closed a short time later. During that case, Henning and Parlapiano were fined $250 by Supreme Court Justice Robert Sackett for failing to appear at an August hearing, court records say.

vwhitman@th-record.com
Concerned patient

New Castle, DE

#9 Nov 20, 2010
Avoid Gunnar Henning, DC
Warning: Do not get involved with this doctor. He puts the moves on women; very subtle approach at first. Be warned.
Jackson

United States

#10 Dec 2, 2010
In 1995 I had a spine Xray done by Gunner and one week later I arrived with my 17 year old son to review the results at tje Rt 57 office. I was shown an xray with severe curvature & told I required treatment 3x's per week for three years. I asked for the copy of the xray for a second opinion, after two weeks the office provided me a copy. My family physican consulted with a orthopedic surgeon who said my spine was straight. I never returnedto the chirapractor and my back has been fine and it is the end of 2010.
Former Flemington Patient

Flemington, NJ

#11 May 12, 2011
Stay away from this man, especially if you are a female! He will put the moves on any good-looking female and he will be very sly and subtle at first.
He continues to cheat the system, is dishonest and can persuade an Eskimo to buy ice from him!
There have been multiple complaints against him, related or not, on a business level, professionally as a chiropractor as well as personally. Gunnar inappropriately exceeded professional boundaries on multiple occasions during 2006 to 2007 in his chiropractic office in Virginia and continues to do so in Flemington!
Shady does NOT begin to describe this sly and selfish man!
Another Concerned Reader

Hackettstown, NJ

#12 May 14, 2011
Former Flemington Patient wrote:
Stay away from this man, especially if you are a female! He will put the moves on any good-looking female and he will be very sly and subtle at first.
He continues to cheat the system, is dishonest and can persuade an Eskimo to buy ice from him!
There have been multiple complaints against him, related or not, on a business level, professionally as a chiropractor as well as personally. Gunnar inappropriately exceeded professional boundaries on multiple occasions during 2006 to 2007 in his chiropractic office in Virginia and continues to do so in Flemington!
Shady does NOT begin to describe this sly and selfish man!
You are astute on all of your observations, except it needs to be clarified that the inappropriate behavior charges against Gunnar in 2006 and 2007 were out of his Washington, NJ office, not Virginia.

My heartfelt question to you and other former patients who have been his victims is why do you not report him when you are willing to talk about it here? He continues to hurt women with the same lies and same patterns. It is know that victims of abuse and harassment often do not speak out, however this has clearly been brought up before and you can find safety in numbers.
Former Flemington Patient

Flemington, NJ

#13 May 21, 2011
I'm working on it now. Anyone else???
objective observer 3

East Brunswick, NJ

#14 Jun 16, 2011
As to the comment "My heartfelt question to you and other former patients who have been his victims is why do you not report him when you are willing to talk about it here?"
There actually was a former employee that did pursue an incident with Henning in NJ. And yes- it was out of the Washington office (which is now owned by a different doctor - Henning is no longer affiliated with that office for some time now.) It went before the state chiropractic board in 2009 and he was found to have acted inappropriately. He was given a slap on the wrist. That being said, if you truly feel you have been somehow violated (obviously I cannot speak to that as I do not know you or what occurred,) you should know that you would not be the first woman to step forward to local authorities with such a claim.
insanity workout

Shanghai, China

#15 Jun 16, 2011
[url=http://www.insanityworkou tshop-us.com/]INSANITY[/url] is the hardest workout program designed by Shaun T .You will get your best shape of life in only 60 days with the help of [url=http://www.insanityworkou tshop-us.com/]shaun t insanity[/url]. All order now are free shipping.
Frmr Patient Flemington

Flemington, NJ

#16 Jul 12, 2011
Thank you so much for your response, it really gives me the confidence to go forward with this.
Henning must be stopped. What he is doing is unfair, unjust and wrong! He is using his position to take advantage of others and that is completely unacceptable and unethical.
Maybe my complaint will bring forth others as well. I know there are more out there!
Frmr Patient Flemington

Flemington, NJ

#17 Jul 27, 2011
To all the "Objective Observers" above: You really don't seem very objective (and I appreciate that), but your support is valued. If you have any further information that could help me I could really use it! Henning needs to be stopped. He has made my life a complete mess and I don't want to see him moving on to others.
I would love to get in touch with other victims and team up against him...
Objective Observer

Hillsborough, NJ

#18 Jul 28, 2011
insanity workout wrote:
[url=http://www.insanityworkou tshop-us.com/]INSANITY[/url] is the hardest workout program designed by Shaun T .You will get your best shape of life in only 60 days with the help of [url=http://www.insanityworkou tshop-us.com/]shaun t insanity[/url]. All order now are free shipping.
WTF!!
Objective Observer

Hillsborough, NJ

#19 Jul 28, 2011
Frmr Patient Flemington wrote:
To all the "Objective Observers" above: You really don't seem very objective (and I appreciate that), but your support is valued. If you have any further information that could help me I could really use it! Henning needs to be stopped. He has made my life a complete mess and I don't want to see him moving on to others.
I would love to get in touch with other victims and team up against him...
What do you mean not Objective!! Maybe you should familiarize yourself with a dictionary.If he made your life a mess I suggest
you contact former employees,place an ad in a local paper and
wait for some results.GLTU!
objective observer 3

East Brunswick, NJ

#20 Jul 28, 2011
Best bet is the NJ Chiropractic Board. They have dealt with this "inappropriate behavior" issue before with him in regards to the former employee. In the very least they should be able to let you know if your situation is even actionable, and what steps you should be taking.

I think she meant "not objective" simply in the sense that it sounds like other people on this board have been burned by him as well. Which is not unlikely...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feds say hackers targeted Microsoft, game makers 10 hr Windows 10 vs 9 1
Shop Rite Mon want to get away 1
Review: First Choice Care LLC Sep 7 anonymous 1
Review: Campagna, William D Phd - William D Cam... (Sep '11) Jul '14 Worried Grandma 19
Review: Winnewald Day Camp Jul '14 Diabetees Mom 1
Looking for a daycare open on Saturdays near Gl... Jun '14 Awatts 1
U.S. business leader praises growth of free ent... May '14 Eighthman 1

Hampton News Video

Hampton Jobs

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hampton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hampton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]