Selectmen pick 9 town manager candidates to interview

May 28, 2013 Read more: SeacoastOnline 16

Selectmen have narrowed down a field of 31 applicants who applied to become the next town manager of Seabrook to nine.

Read more
Crazy Fools

Woburn, MA

#1 May 29, 2013
Who are the candidates? My sympathy to whoever gets the job. You're in for a wild ride.
Ringleader

Hampton, NH

#2 May 30, 2013
Hahaha, Let the circus begin again. I heard some of the finalists havn't the base requirements that where advertised. Someone has an agenda! Keep tuned for more games.
Borderwnds

Hampton, NH

#3 May 31, 2013
I sure hope they pick someone with no ties to Seabrook so they can come in being objective. Ans have no agenda!
scumfighter

Exeter, NH

#4 Jun 3, 2013
I heard Fred Welsh is on the lit of 9. Why would we consider ringing him back? He is thenit it who thought he was an attorney reciting RSAs every 2 seconds. I dont think he meets the requirements either. No college degree??? Why is Smith and AK leaning Welsh Way??? News at 11......keep watching
Borderwnds

Hampton, NH

#5 Jun 4, 2013
I see on chanel 22 the circus has started again under AK's chairmanship. Questioning the police chief about money that some guy left the PD to be used as they see fit. Here we go again. Just when everything was calm and the town was not looked down upon..I hope we don't become the laughing stock of the coast as with prior boards.
Ringleader

Hampton, NH

#6 Jun 4, 2013
Here it goes again! I wonder how they are doing on TM search. Have they cut it down fro 9 to maybe 2-3 finalists? I hope and pray they do the right thing this time for the town. Pick the MOST qualified person based on resume and interviews.. Oh and make sure they met the basic requirements to apply in the first place..This selection will not be forgotten by the voters!
You serious

Hampton, NH

#7 Jun 4, 2013
Hey borderwnds we have been the laughing stock for many years now, where the hell you been
personalagendas

Hampton, NH

#8 Jun 5, 2013
Will it be the guy that has cost Seabrook millions in law suit's, the new girl in town, or the hometown boy who has a great history with Seabrook? Congrats to Jeff Brown hired as the Town Attorney. If the rumor is true $5,000 a month is a good deal and great pay for you in addition to your Fire Fighter retirement. Well deserved and the promises are being honored. Enjoy.
Ringleader

Hampton, NH

#9 Jun 5, 2013
I highly doubt J. Brown was hired at $5K a month! Stop trying to stir the pot starting rumors. Oh, btw look at Hampton politics. reminds me of seabrook years ago. Soon to return is this turns into a circus again!
scumfighter

Exeter, NH

#10 Jun 5, 2013
I heard Hampton Fred Welsh doesnt qualify. He doesnt have the required degree. How could he be a finalist? Jeff Brown hiring makes some good sense. Lets see if they can do two good things in a row????
Borderwnds

Hampton, NH

#11 Jun 5, 2013
Hometown boy? Oh you mean Cora's nephew..Here we go again
You serious

Hampton, NH

#12 Jun 5, 2013
It only makes sence to hire Jeff Brown. After all the town paid for his education so they might as well keep him after all they invested money in him. That wasnt ment disrespect to Jeff it means it;s better then the town spending money then him going to another town. He is a resident and should be able to work for the town, again, and i think it is a excellent choice. Good luck to you Jeff and people are gonna talk no matter what happens.
Borderwnds

Hampton, NH

#13 Jun 6, 2013
I agree with hiring Jeff Brown. He spent 20 plus years on the FD. Educated himself getting a JD and passing the bar. As for the selection of TM I have a fear that the selectman will cave in and give it to someone local who is one of the least qualified.. If you speak to selectman urge them to do what is right and hire the MOST qualified for town manager.
Curious

Exeter, NH

#14 Jun 6, 2013
You serious wrote:
It only makes sence to hire Jeff Brown. After all the town paid for his education so they might as well keep him after all they invested money in him. That wasnt ment disrespect to Jeff it means it;s better then the town spending money then him going to another town. He is a resident and should be able to work for the town, again, and i think it is a excellent choice. Good luck to you Jeff and people are gonna talk no matter what happens.
Is this the same Jeffrey Brown who is on the state of NH parole board? If so he really has done well for himself through the years kudos to him. I have read in the newspaper he served in the marines, a former state rep, retired fire chief as well as passed the Nh bar exam as well as the bar exam in Washington DC. Is he associated with the Browns from the seafood place on us rte 286?
scumfighter

Exeter, NH

#15 Jun 8, 2013
No Fred Welsh. Our Selectman wouldnt consider someone who doesnt meet the qualifications set forth in the job discription would they???
DUMBO

Newton, NH

#16 Jun 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Is this the same Jeffrey Brown who is on the state of NH parole board? If so he really has done well for himself through the years kudos to him. I have read in the newspaper he served in the marines, a former state rep, retired fire chief as well as passed the Nh bar exam as well as the bar exam in Washington DC. Is he associated with the Browns from the seafood place on us rte 286?
You don't fool anyone. Another lame attempt, We know who you are! Go to the FD and make some more enemies! Not to bright but we always knew that! More stench, that's all. BMW doesn't remove it! Pathetic, mostly sad because it's so sick! Duh, Who's JB? is he associated with Bla , Bla, Bla. You really fooled us this time????? Doink!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christie questions if Obama cares about US 4 hr craig 51
The Prettiest Most Down To Earth In Seabrook! (Apr '14) Sun Who 19
Planning board Apr 15 deprived 3
News Seabrook police chief announces retirement (Oct '12) Apr 7 tax time 19
Ramie Marston Apr 6 Ramie Marston 1
taking advantage of the dying an the lawyers wh... Mar 28 sweat loraine 12
News Competition draws non-profits (Oct '14) Dec '14 tommy knappe 3

Flood Watch for Rockingham County was issued at April 20 at 9:02PM EDT

More from around the web

Hampton People Search