How many bad apples still wearing badges?

Posted in the Hampton Forum

bad apples

Seabrook, NH

#3 Apr 26, 2012
thats what people call bad cops areound here. where you from?
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#4 Apr 26, 2012
bad apples wrote:
thats what people call bad cops areound here. where you from?
Seabrook.

"Bad Apples" is a term which is used for any person or group, not specifically for the police! Where are YOU from? Hahaha! Haven't you ever heard of the proverb, "One bad apple can spoil the whole barrel?" That doesn't just refer to the police, it can refer to anyone you direct it toward, or any organization, or a group of citizens, etc. You need to study harder or go out in the world a little more.

One person I shall not name here is a consistent user of the term in your referenced context, and I haven't heard one other person around here use that term in that context.
ideas

Exeter, NH

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Truth and ideas stand on their own, but anonymous accusations are worthless. This writer says it better than I can.

http://constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

"The modern police-driven model of law enforcement helps sustain a playing field that is fundamentally uneven for different players upon it. Modern police act as an army of assistants for state prosecutors and gather evidence solely with an eye toward the state's interests. Police seal off crime scenes from the purview of defense investigators, act as witnesses of convenience for the state in courts of law, and instigate a substantial amount of criminal activity under the guise of crime fighting. Additionally, police enforce social class norms and act as tools of empowerment for favored interest groups to the disadvantage of others.10 Police are also a political force that constantly lobbies for increased state power and decreased constitutional liberty for American citizens."
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#6 Apr 29, 2012
ideas wrote:
Truth and ideas stand on their own, but anonymous accusations are worthless. This writer says it better than I can.
http://constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm
"The modern police-driven model of law enforcement helps sustain a playing field that is fundamentally uneven for different players upon it. Modern police act as an army of assistants for state prosecutors and gather evidence solely with an eye toward the state's interests. Police seal off crime scenes from the purview of defense investigators, act as witnesses of convenience for the state in courts of law, and instigate a substantial amount of criminal activity under the guise of crime fighting. Additionally, police enforce social class norms and act as tools of empowerment for favored interest groups to the disadvantage of others.10 Police are also a political force that constantly lobbies for increased state power and decreased constitutional liberty for American citizens."
Broad generalizations, as in your article, do not make them true. The cases used to substantiate the hypothesis can be used to substantiate the hypothesis that "modern" police also protect the liberties of innocent civilains, so thugs and tyrants cannot harm their lives, liberties, and their own pursuit of happiness.

It goes back to the yelling of "fire" in a crowded movie theather. Someone gets trampled to death. Who is held responsible? No one? Someone shoots a gun and kills a girl riding her bike. Who is held responsible? No One?

There were constables provided for by the budgets, in your "good old days," who were responsible for keeping people who roamed outside permitted behaviors from harming other and other people's property. Was this not "policing?" Many of them became corrupt, and the trust of the people was violated, which ended in towns developing their own police departments. It can happen anywhere, at any time. Any number of people within any group can become corrupt. There are any number of people at any given moment within a group who wishes to gain more power.

No one is making anonymous accusations.

Your claims about the Police are as vague as can be, while one could subsitute any word for your use of "Police," say, "Liberals," or "Libertarians," for example.

You desire chaos and anarchy. You think you would thrive in this scenario, in your utopia without a police force.

I think you should leave the US and try to live in some countries in Latin America and Africa, and see how they're thriving.

Go see how well the citizenry is doing, how well the rights of the innocent are being protected from gangs and thugs, go see how well the civil liberties are being respected by anarchists who want to grab the power for themselves. See how farmers struggle to make a living, only to have to give it over to the local emir or gang leader because no one is stopping the gang leader from killing the farmer's family for money.

Your claim is hypocrisy in its barest form. You want to take away power from one group and give it to yourself, or another group.

People abide by laws because they respect their loved ones, their neighbors, their neighbor's property, other's rights to pursue their own lives as long as they don't inhibit thier own rights to pursue their own lives. We have laws which come about by mutual consent. We choose to live by them or not. We have decided that people who break the law should be punished, because law breakers inhibit our own rights.

If you choose not to live by the laws we have consented to, as a majority, then you have a choice to leave, because the rest of us have chosen to do what we feel is best for our neighbors and ourselves.

The rest of us enjoy the protection and services we receive, by our consent, by our police officers at all levels.

You really ought to live some place else and see for yourself how well other cultures are doing without a "modern" police force. You wouldn't dare.
-Brooker fake

Seabrook, NH

#7 Apr 30, 2012
-Brookers a cop
billclinton

Seabrook, NH

#8 Apr 30, 2012
-Brooker fake wrote:
-Brookers a cop
I think it is a former constable HAHAHA
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#9 Apr 30, 2012
-Brooker fake wrote:
-Brookers a cop
Hahaha! No, I'm not!! Never have been, either.
crazy

Exeter, NH

#10 Feb 12, 2013
-Brooker wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just crazy. Hiding behind an anonymous profile pretending to be a native while basing anyone who says hey lets restore accountability on the SPD.
sally

Newmarket, NH

#11 Feb 18, 2013
All fakes in Newmarket .. can't stand the cops
cover up

Exeter, NH

#12 Feb 18, 2013
Enough

Salisbury, MA

#13 Feb 19, 2013
Enough already
bashing

Exeter, NH

#14 Sep 4, 2013
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just crazy. Hiding behind an anonymous profile pretending to be a native while basing anyone who says hey lets restore accountability on the SPD.
I think you mean "bashing"?
Brooker

Newmarket, NH

#15 Sep 5, 2013
-Brooker wrote:
<quoted text>
There are way more then one Brooker!
-Brooker

Exeter, NH

#16 Sep 5, 2013
Brooker wrote:
<quoted text>
There are way more then one Brooker!
Durrr. Some care more than others about what's really going on here, and some just want to exploit their own people to further their own gains. Shame on you, fellow Born and Raised people who want to exploit our own people to further your own profits and poison our own people.
Brooker

Newmarket, NH

#17 Sep 5, 2013
-Brooker wrote:
<quoted text>
Durrr. Some care more than others about what's really going on here, and some just want to exploit their own people to further their own gains. Shame on you, fellow Born and Raised people who want to exploit our own people to further your own profits and poison our own people.
Wow really, I exploit people, Damn I got to go quit my job at market basket now. Damn, I had no clue we where Hurting our people.. I thought I was helping to feed them.. Eye Roll... You really have no clue who the hell I am, but it is funny.. I Call out Kiki, and all her chromies come and attack.. all because I think the town has worse problems that need to be talked about, go on the watchdog group, and you see her only talk about spice. What about the needle problem being found in our town parks? What about the break ins happening.. A few months ago, there where 7 break ins in less then 2 weeks, on the north side of town, no word on her site to warn people... Heck even travel updates, what about the paving on 286? Why was there no update that this was going to happen, Why?? Because she has her own Agenda.. She turns a blind Eye to the Herion problem in our town, And I want to know why? Does she have family members chasing the dragon? Others have gone to her on facebook and asked her to work on the herion problem, She censored or deleted them, I watched her.. I was actually watching the drama on facebook, and seen her deleting comments and banning people.. Who is she to censor someone coming to beg for help with the massive herion and pill problem we have in this town? Then I started wondering, She is redirecting away from it.. But Why??
mr truth

Portsmouth, NH

#18 Sep 5, 2013
cops,-they will bust u 4 a couple beers(depends on who u r,wives and town workers-not)but let theives steal-do nothin about oxy problems. some of the cops have cousins either doin dope or dealing it and turn a blind eye. some have have family dwi going off the road but try to conseal it and get them out of it. if u r not part of theyre family -u get busted. they had a cop cleaning the town-baker-but he was ousted.its a small town but we got them on harleys,speed boat,hummer,4 wheeler. shit half of them cant do traffic detail. talking to the girls -more important. but its the same in all dept of the town. check collecting,depends whos family u r to get a job.
so i say keep raping the town,raise the taxes but dont bitch about them. either ur part of the problem or part of the solution. these r the things that turned seabrook nh into what is now seabrook mass. haha-the old town is gone. greed and drugs killed it. as 4 the thieves and dopeys that break in my house -i got plenty of ammo-we dont call 911 here-only for paramedics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strange creature freaks out plantation workers ... 6 hr hermansa 2
Its been 14 years, where is Curtis Pishon?! Feb 25 amen 4
Poetry for the people Feb 23 Illness 1
most loved and hated of the brook Feb 22 itis 7
Leather face Feb 22 know the one 2
taking advantage of the dying an the lawyers wh... Feb 22 You lost 2
Seabrook police chief announces retirement (Oct '12) Feb 18 Lucy Girl 11

Hampton News Video

Hampton Dating
Find my Match