Hampton Beach commission confident in...

Hampton Beach commission confident in second bid for improvement grant

There are 1 comment on the SeacoastOnline story from Dec 18, 2011, titled Hampton Beach commission confident in second bid for improvement grant. In it, SeacoastOnline reports that:

The Hampton Beach Area Commission is applying for a $350,000 to $400,000 federal grant to bring public transportation to the beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SeacoastOnline.

Since: Feb 10

Exeter, NH

#1 Dec 30, 2011
We'd looked at either putting together the old trolley route or running a bus up Route 1, across 101, down Ocean Blvd, and back up 286 to improve mobility and access to business. We had the bus and a driver available, but the Selectmen balked at the cost of fuel.

The 13 miles route would have taken just over half an hour and cost less than one dollar per passenger for fuel, assuming only 20% utilization. Collecting $5 for a day pass or $2 each way would have made the Town money, but they never did it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vicky Nawaoichyk May 18 EIIa 1
Fatal car accident May 18 Nancy_ 1
News NH Senior Notes: Exeter police start program fo... May 9 Carol Gilbert 1
herion bust (Feb '14) May 7 Its sad 53
Round Rock Apr 29 James Woodruff 1
Selectmen's Raises (Dec '14) Apr '16 Old Timers 70
Signage on my home Apr '16 Mr truthfulness 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages