If you are sick of the drug use in Se...

If you are sick of the drug use in Seabrook share your ideas on how to fix it.

Created by Attention Seabrook on Jul 14, 2010

148 votes

Click on an option to vote

Want the drugs out of Seabrook

Think Seabrook is drug free

Fear for the future of our Youth in Seabrook

Willing to get involved and help clean up the Town

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
finally

Nottingham, NH

#1 Jul 14, 2010
Something helpful on topics. I am ready what can I do?
Just say no

Epping, NH

#2 Jul 15, 2010
The largest failure in the history of Seabrook is a direct relationship to your drug problem, the Seabrook Rec. The hours have never been accomadating for either child/ parent. The programs are redundant. Much of the equipment has been in service since the inception in 1988. The selectman and town managers have always praised her for releasing $30,000 annually back to the general fund, never considering the important figure 100 out of a possible 1000 students utelize this facility. She has no children of her own and the point is very apparent that children are not welcomed here either. What else is a kid to do?
cccccffff

Bucksport, ME

#3 Aug 30, 2010
we need a new rec. director and soon wonder what she will do with her check this yr. the her refund ck. from the town
Everybody talks

Belleville, MI

#4 Aug 30, 2010
Hopefully the one they choose will be a professional manager/Director. Not just a family gimmee job. I mean college graduate atleast a B.S. preferably a M.ED One who has the brains to come up with some good programs for our kids,teens and yes adults alike. With such a low useage at the Rec. Ctr. something must be wrong. Let's find out what and fix it. Sandy is a nice lady but I think she is getting stale.
get a job

Seabrook, NH

#5 Aug 31, 2010
cccccffff wrote:
we need a new rec. director and soon wonder what she will do with her check this yr. the her refund ck. from the town
sounds like a job for some one of the seabrook moo cows girls --hint brown ,eaton or even paul k
you cut

Exeter, NH

#6 Aug 31, 2010
get a job wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like a job for some one of the seabrook moo cows girls --hint brown ,eaton or even paul k
sounds like a job for kfelch that gives head brhind wal-mart
geez

Nottingham, NH

#7 Aug 31, 2010
Use your energy for something positive. For goodness sakes you Seabrook people are so busy fighting that you cant see the fact that your Town is turning to ruins. Grow up and get busy.

Since: Mar 10

Gardiner, ME

#8 Sep 1, 2010
Lets start with the doctorss that are writing the presc. so freely
idea

Nottingham, NH

#9 Sep 1, 2010
Seabrook Police has a FB maybe they can add a section for annonymous and neighborhood watch information about drug dealings. I agree it starts with the Doctors. Those Docs in Seabrook are really hurting Seabrook people old and young. We need leaders not afraid to tackle this issue and hold people accountable to do the job they are paid to do.
well said

Nottingham, NH

#10 Sep 1, 2010
Seabrook has a drug problem. Let's face it. Our young adults are dying, overdosing and committing armed robbery to feed their habit. What's being done about it? Nothing that I can see. Where are the headlines saying, "Drug busts in Seabrook" or "Drug Task Force Sweep arrests many?" Nope.
The only headlines we see are the arrests made for robbery, or obits. If the whole town knows who the users, dealers and thieves are, why doesn't the Police Department know? Are they uninformed, blind to the goings-on of the community, or do they just not care? Or, perhaps they cover up for a lot of people? If I can drive down a certain street in Seabrook and see the transactions with my own eyes, why can't the police? Maybe you think they do arrest people, and those people in turn roll over on others, "rat them out." Well, if that's the case, where are the arrests resulting from that?
If we see the same people being arrested over and over for theft and shoplifting, why do we not see arrests for the drugs these people buy with the money they get from selling their stolen goods, or selling the store credits they receive when they have the nerve to return stuff they stole?
How many parentless kids do we have in town, parentless because of drugs? The mothers are either dead or so addicted they can't care for their kids. The fathers are in the same situation. We have so many children being raised by grandparents and other family members, but they should be considered the lucky ones. It's the kids whose mothers drag them from hospital to hospital to score pills, or the kids who are left alone at night while the mother's out partying. The kids whose mother opts to have them diagnosed without any reason.
They are diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder so she can get a free prescription of Adderall every month, the kids who are born with classic crack baby syndrome and deformities such as missing ears and blindness because the mother did crack the night before giving birth. Kids whose parents will set fire to a house with the kids in it for insurance money these are the kids who suffer. So, anyone who is covering up for these drug addicts and drug dealers, this is what you're hiding!
well said

Nottingham, NH

#11 Sep 1, 2010
I know situations where the N.H. Division for Children, Youth & Families has been called numerous times, teachers have called, grandparents, aunts, uncles, co-parents and the result? Nothing.
They have been called and called and every time these mothers get notice of when they are coming, they clean up real quick, fill the fridge with food and drill these kids on what to say so there's no proof.
Even when teachers call in abuse or neglect, somehow, some way these drug addicted mothers and fathers get away with it. So what do we do? We hope the Seabrook Police Department starts making arrests, puts these drug dealers and drug addicts in jail where they belong, so they can get help and these little kids can feel safe so they can know where they're sleeping at night. Who's going to be home when they get off the school bus so they don't have to wait outside in the dark until the mother decides to come home?
And if there's a parent who wants custody of the children, who is a drug-free parent, what do they do? Call DCYS? Nope. Doesn't work. Kids are too scared to talk. Without that there's "no reason for DCYS to remove the children from the home" a direct quote. And when kids are the meal ticket for a drug addicted mother, there's no way she's letting them go. She will do whatever it takes to keep them, including threatening them.
Does anyone have the answer? These children would like to know it. Please, please, teachers, Police Department, DCYS, family members, community members do something. These kids need someone to stick up for them. Whatever happened to "it takes a village to raise a child." Please, save these kids. Please. Don't allow Seabrook to be known for its drug problem. We have so many great people and things in town, but it's all overshadowed by the drug problem. Reclaim your town don't let these "people" ruin it for everyone!
well said

Nottingham, NH

#12 Sep 1, 2010
Seabrook has a drug problem. Let's face it. Our young adults are dying, overdosing and committing armed robbery to feed their habit. What's being done about it? Nothing that I can see. Where are the headlines saying, "Drug busts in Seabrook" or "Drug Task Force Sweep arrests many?" Nope.
The only headlines we see are the arrests made for robbery, or obits. If the whole town knows who the users, dealers and thieves are, why doesn't the Police Department know? Are they uninformed, blind to the goings-on of the community, or do they just not care? Or, perhaps they cover up for a lot of people? If I can drive down a certain street in Seabrook and see the transactions with my own eyes, why can't the police? Maybe you think they do arrest people, and those people in turn roll over on others, "rat them out." Well, if that's the case, where are the arrests resulting from that?
If we see the same people being arrested over and over for theft and shoplifting, why do we not see arrests for the drugs these people buy with the money they get from selling their stolen goods, or selling the store credits they receive when they have the nerve to return stuff they stole?
How many parentless kids do we have in town, parentless because of drugs? The mothers are either dead or so addicted they can't care for their kids. The fathers are in the same situation. We have so many children being raised by grandparents and other family members, but they should be considered the lucky ones. It's the kids whose mothers drag them from hospital to hospital to score pills, or the kids who are left alone at night while the mother's out partying. The kids whose mother opts to have them diagnosed without any reason.
They are diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder so she can get a free prescription of Adderall every month, the kids who are born with classic crack baby syndrome and deformities such as missing ears and blindness because the mother did crack the night before giving birth. Kids whose parents will set fire to a house with the kids in it for insurance money these are the kids who suffer. So, anyone who is covering up for these drug addicts and drug dealers, this is what you're hiding! I know situations where the N.H. Division for Children, Youth & Families has been called numerous times, teachers have called, grandparents, aunts, uncles, co-parents and the result? Nothing.
They have been called and called and every time these mothers get notice of when they are coming, they clean up real quick, fill the fridge with food and drill these kids on what to say so there's no proof.
Even when teachers call in abuse or neglect, somehow, some way these drug addicted mothers and fathers get away with it. So what do we do? We hope the Seabrook Police Department starts making arrests, puts these drug dealers and drug addicts in jail where they belong, so they can get help and these little kids can feel safe so they can know where they're sleeping at night. Who's going to be home when they get off the school bus so they don't have to wait outside in the dark until the mother decides to come home?
And if there's a parent who wants custody of the children, who is a drug-free parent, what do they do? Call DCYS? Nope. Doesn't work. Kids are too scared to talk. Without that there's "no reason for DCYS to remove the children from the home" a direct quote. And when kids are the meal ticket for a drug addicted mother, there's no way she's letting them go. She will do whatever it takes to keep them, including threatening them.
well said

Nottingham, NH

#13 Sep 1, 2010
Does anyone have the answer? These children would like to know it. Please, please, teachers, Police Department, DCYS, family members, community members do something. These kids need someone to stick up for them. Whatever happened to "it takes a village to raise a child." Please, save these kids. Please. Don't allow Seabrook to be known for its drug problem. We have so many great people and things in town, but it's all overshadowed by the drug problem. Reclaim your town don't let these "people" ruin it for everyone!

Gardiner, ME

#14 Sep 1, 2010
I am willing to give names no problem,but in the past when I have they do nothing.
Maybe they should start with a well known Dr in Salisbury at the end of Main Street that will hand out oxy and perks like there is no tomorrow
well said

Nottingham, NH

#15 Sep 1, 2010
Same with the Doctors office in Seabrook on Rt. 1. Legalized drug dealers is what they are and those doctors are ruining so many peoples lifes.

Gardiner, ME

#16 Sep 1, 2010
well why dont we form a picket line outside the doors of these Dr`s and let everyone know what is going on with them would make for a very public message that we as a town are not going to put up with it
what

Exeter, NH

#17 Sep 2, 2010
we should listen to max and legalize the drugs then there is no problem right max. well tell that to the poor kids max
Will

Nottingham, NH

#18 Sep 2, 2010
Not just Max but his buddy Kelly tooo. Picket is a great idea or maybe place signs in front that say get your oxys here or this place promotes, drugs and addicton.
22 year old addict

Deerfield, MA

#19 Sep 2, 2010
well said wrote:
Same with the Doctors office in Seabrook on Rt. 1. Legalized drug dealers is what they are and those doctors are ruining so many peoples lifes.
I know that Doctors office very well!(I was never a patient there) BUT know many people who go there to get scripts. The office on rt one, may write scripts to people who are in severe pain or complain that they are. however, they drug test their patients, and call there patients in randomy for a blood test and for a pill count to make sure there takeing there meds correctly and not selling them, I know a woman who got shut off her pills, b/c they didnt find any thing in her system, so obv she ran to another doc.I know that office may write, but they do make sure that u are takeing not selling.
Though my opinion about taking pain killers, is different from others. I am a recovering addict, im a young adult, my drug of choice was Methadone or any thing i could get my hands on. It is a desiease, i will forever be an addict. I think about doing it all the time, but you have to want to stop. Yo cannot make any one stop on their own they will ALWAYS find a way to get there hands on something. Even makeing arrests will not help, b/c there are drugs in jail, and when they get out they most likely will end up Overdoseing, Like many of my friends have. One of them i was closest with died from injecting heroin (when u cant get nothing else, heroin is cheaper and easier to get) When she passed, that still did not teach me or any body else for that matter, It made me want more, to numb the pain of my loss's. Now that i am clean, i have a clear view of everything thats going on around me, i cannot be around people, or anything that will make me wanna relapse. I never went to rehab, i've never gotten scripts of Methadone, but scripts for perks yes, but only in the ER. It makes me sick, i feel like i need to help people get better. Like i said u have to want to stop, to better your life. Comeing off the pills and drugs was the worst, but if i can do it any body who wants to can too. you dont need rehap or suboxxin to come down that is b/s. As for Seabrook police helping this situation, is a joke. I know there are a couple that are not so profesional... We as a Community need to understand an addict's mind in order to help. Its not easy, for any body who has never been though this to understand & realize that there not doing it for the fun or the high any more its to feel better, "NORMAL".
justagal

Amesbury, MA

#21 Sep 4, 2010
Maybe it would help if a certain Dr in Salisbury stopped passing out percocet like they were M&m's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fire dept (Jan '16) Oct 14 Anonymous 42
are you tired of the junkies gone wild around here (Oct '10) Oct 11 cabshere 33
News N.H. judge says she closes eyes, but doesn't sl... (Feb '06) Sep 25 Stephen D Clark 248
20 Creepiest Places in the World (Feb '15) Sep 25 Stephen D Clark 2
News Romney: 'Obama has failed America' (Jun '11) Sep 25 Stephen D Clark 2
News Layoffs coming at Shaw's supermarkets: Chain to... (Nov '12) Sep 25 Stephen D Clark 7
News Exclusive: Martin O'Malley Says Bernie Sanders ... (Jan '16) Sep 25 Stephen D Clark 3

Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampton Mortgages