Wiccans honor ancient pagan faith in Stratham

Oct 31, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Citizen

Its roughly 5 p.m., and the setting sun is casting long shadows of the forms of a group of Neopagans who have formed a circle on the top of Stratham Hill.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Josh

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

I love that there are still real pagans out there and that they don't have to hide within the shadows anymore. I'd love to join them some day.
sorry

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

Josh wrote:
I love that there are still real pagans out there and that they don't have to hide within the shadows anymore. I'd love to join them some day.
no worry you will on judgment day in the pits of hell but if you repent and give your life to Jesus Christ you will be saved from this peril
Mike

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

sorry wrote:
<quoted text>no worry you will on judgment day in the pits of hell but if you repent and give your life to Jesus Christ you will be saved from this peril
Let he who hath not sinned cast the first stone. It's not your place to judge the children of this earth.
sorry

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Jude 14-21
Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him." 16 These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires." 19 These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20 But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. 21 Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
NIV
sorry

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

2 Kings 21:1-6
Manasseh was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-five years. His mother's name was Hephzibah. 2 He did evil in the eyes of the Lord, following the detestable practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before the Israelites. 3 He rebuilt the high places his father Hezekiah had destroyed; he also erected altars to Baal and made an Asherah pole, as Ahab king of Israel had done. He bowed down to all the starry hosts and worshiped them. 4 He built altars in the temple of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, "In Jerusalem I will put my Name." 5 In both courts of the temple of the Lord, he built altars to all the starry hosts. 6 He sacrificed his own son in the fire, practiced sorcery and divination, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
NIV
sorry

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Isa 8:19-20

19 When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? 2
NIV

Isa 19:3-4
The Egyptians will lose heart,
and I will bring their plans to nothing;
they will consult the idols and the spirits of the dead,
the mediums and the spiritists.
4 I will hand the Egyptians over
to the power of a cruel master,
and a fierce king will rule over them,"
declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty.
NIV
sorry

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

ok i will not judge but there is a judge and his name is Jesus Christ the good nes it is not to late to repent and turn you evil for good and live a life of peace and joy

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

It never fails to amaze me how some bible thumping christian will quote passages out of a book that means absolutely nothing to anyone except a christian and expect everybody to accept it as gospel.
Makin Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

NM Desert Rat wrote:
It never fails to amaze me how some bible thumping christian will quote passages out of a book that means absolutely nothing to anyone except a christian and expect everybody to accept it as gospel.
Especially when it doesn't seem like they even read or comprehend what they post. I mean, "grumblers and faultfinders" .... really? If anyone are grumblers or faultfinders it's zombie zealots like that spammer. Just ONCE I would like to see one of these so called "Christians" actually read the bible cover to cover, comprehend it, and discuss it intelligently. I have nothing against TRUE Christians, but to me a true Christian #1 understands their religion and its holy book,#2 has enough trust in their Lord that He will take care of people without human interference, and #3 would never presume to force their ideals down the throat of another.

*steps down from soapbox*

Ahem. Anyways, blessed Samhain, everyone!:-)
Bluedew

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Judged:

Applause from me!
I truly wish I was more literate and could write what it is I wish to say with such etiquette.
Josh

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Judged:

Makin Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when it doesn't seem like they even read or comprehend what they post. I mean, "grumblers and faultfinders" .... really? If anyone are grumblers or faultfinders it's zombie zealots like that spammer. Just ONCE I would like to see one of these so called "Christians" actually read the bible cover to cover, comprehend it, and discuss it intelligently. I have nothing against TRUE Christians, but to me a true Christian #1 understands their religion and its holy book,#2 has enough trust in their Lord that He will take care of people without human interference, and #3 would never presume to force their ideals down the throat of another.
*steps down from soapbox*
Ahem. Anyways, blessed Samhain, everyone!:-)
With that said...

Stop this pitiful foolishness. We all have our views and opinions. We're all the same. Get over it. If you believe in your almighty savior Jesus Christ, yay for you. I don't. Get over it. You are not better than anyone one else in this world. If that is a problem, you'll have to get over it. Doesn't your almighty God believe in serving the greater good? Well, I do too. It's all a matter of how you live your life to the fullest with the greatest happiness and kindness within yourself. You had no right to "cast judgment" on me or anyone else for that matter. Judging a book by its cover is a sin, sir. Blessed Be.=]
Rev Michael Engelking

Durham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2010

Judged:

I am the one who organized the samhain event in stratham... i plan on hosting another on at stratham hill park this beltane... blessed be!!
Earth Child

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

sorry wrote:
ok i will not judge but there is a judge and his name is Jesus Christ the good nes it is not to late to repent and turn you evil for good and live a life of peace and joy
It's curious that your Jesus has not come back for a visit in a few thousand years. It's most likely because he's embarrased from you so called followers(christians. All you radicals have done is twist his words and teachings to suit your own WARPED EGOS throughout the centuries for your own gains. If allowed, in this day and age, A lot of you radical christians would be back to mudering non-christians. The apostles couldn't even agree amongst themselves or give the same accounts on the same story when it cames to Jesus's teachings.
Children of the corn

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

HA,HA,HA So did you guys see the Great Pumpkin or what? HA,HA,HA...
believer in Jesus

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

all i hear is you judging me but i gues it is ok for you to judge but if i oppose your view you get all upset hmmm maybee becouse your heart is troubled . seek no more your salvation is in Christ Jesus repent turn from your ways and he shall give you grace. i say this in love not judgment i will pray for each and every one of you daily for your salvation. lord Jesus i pray for them on this sight that they may find the truth that is in you and that truth shall set them free in Jesus name Amen I plead the blood of christ over your souls that you may recieve and have the grace God gave you on the cross
Makin Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

Judged:

believer in Jesus wrote:
all i hear is you judging me but i gues it is ok for you to judge but if i oppose your view you get all upset hmmm maybee becouse your heart is troubled . seek no more your salvation is in Christ Jesus repent turn from your ways and he shall give you grace. i say this in love not judgment i will pray for each and every one of you daily for your salvation. lord Jesus i pray for them on this sight that they may find the truth that is in you and that truth shall set them free in Jesus name Amen I plead the blood of christ over your souls that you may recieve and have the grace God gave you on the cross
And I pray to the Goddess that you will receive enlightenment. That you will turn away from your harsh judgemental ways. That you will learn to love other people just for being themselves. That you will someday find the real truth instead of dogma forced on you so that church leaders can have power and money. That you will receive the peace and grace that the Goddess gives to all without having to murder an innocent man on a cross. That you will someday have the true love and true joy in your heart that enables you to stop trying to force your own beliefs down the throats of others. So mote it be.
children of the corn

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

Makin Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
And I pray to the Goddess that you will receive enlightenment. That you will turn away from your harsh judgemental ways. That you will learn to love other people just for being themselves. That you will someday find the real truth instead of dogma forced on you so that church leaders can have power and money. That you will receive the peace and grace that the Goddess gives to all without having to murder an innocent man on a cross. That you will someday have the true love and true joy in your heart that enables you to stop trying to force your own beliefs down the throats of others. So mote it be.
Speaking of "witch" (ha,get it) do you waccas still kill german shepards when you get together for a circle jerk?
what

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

Makin Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like your spilling dogma with what your saying judging me very harshly but isnt that the trick of wickens to call everyone else judgmental when in fact it is you who is attacking me. one day every knee will bow tongue will confess Jesus Christ is lord this is the truth
Earth Child

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like your spilling dogma with what your saying judging me very harshly but isnt that the trick of wickens to call everyone else judgmental when in fact it is you who is attacking me. one day every knee will bow tongue will confess Jesus Christ is lord this is the truth
You leave Makin Sense alone! It's you christians who decided to crash and bash our pagan forum. If you came on here to recieve education and understanding about our ways then you are most welcome, but you didn't. Most of you christians came onto this forum with your attack non-christians buttons turned on with intent to convert and control. Then you have the nerve to call us judgemental. If you want to preach then there are plenty of christian forums for you to go to.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like your spilling dogma with what your saying judging me very harshly but isnt that the trick of wickens to call everyone else judgmental when in fact it is you who is attacking me. one day every knee will bow tongue will confess Jesus Christ is lord this is the truth
Let me see if I get this right. You come to a Pagan forum and make a statement like the last sentence of your post. When you get called on it that not everybody believes as you do they are being judgemental. Interesting. It is wonderful that your belief in Jesus works for you; however your belief system is not the only one out there. My belief system works for me and is just as valid as yours. I don't believe in going to a Christian forum to preach my beliefs out of respect for those that believe different than me. Is it asking too much to be treated with the same respect? Apparently not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Hampton News Video

•••
Hampton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••