Review: Ransom's Boutique

Posted in the Hampton Forum

kimberly

United States

#1 Jun 14, 2010
The owners are not very respectful to their customers. They are very inconsiderate. They need a website. My whole experience with the boutiqe was very disapointing. I will never step foot in that store ever again
Angela

Owings Mills, MD

#2 Dec 14, 2010
Ransom's boutique gave me excellent customer service in a pinch to get a dress in a rush. This is a must shop boutique for personalized service.
Stephanie

Baltimore, MD

#3 Mar 9, 2011
Ransom's Boutique is a very nice boutique to shop for wedding and special occasion attire. I shopped their for my bridesmaid, flower girl and matron honor gowns, they were very professional and helpful. I would recommend customers with class and if you like to be different to shop there.
See you all soon.
katherine

Essex, MD

#4 Apr 8, 2011
i love ransom's!!! the owner was very professional and kind.... both experiences (duaghters jr.and senior prom) were excellent... i highly recommend this boutique to everyone i meet, who's interested in a prom dress... love it ...in fact i am returning for a tuxedo for sons prom.....
Mornique

Fort Washington, MD

#5 Sep 23, 2011
Ransom's Boutique was a rare find for me I had a very hard time finding bridesmaid dresses because all my ladies we're very tall. when I went to this boutique I was amazes with the length which saved us plenty of money as other bridal shops charged extra for longer length. If you are a tall lady who enjoy looking fabulous for those special occasions this is truly the boutique of choice. Loved it and so did my bridesmaids.
Amirah

Rosedale, MD

#6 Oct 28, 2011
Ransoms Boutique is the best, I went there to get my Junior Prom dress, and I had one on one time and found the perfect dress. No one else had the same dress or anything similiar to it at my prom. I definately plan on going there again for my senior =)
Kay

Harmans, MD

#7 Apr 14, 2012
This place has to be the rudest place i have ever gone to. I spent 30 minutes in the store and talked to the lady. when i asked to try on a dress she refused to let me. she said that i had to be an adult. i am an adult. I kept telling her this and she said she didnt care and could care less if she got any business. i wasted so much of my time in this lazy excuse for a store im never returning again. she was extremely rude to me and no one should give them any business. i mean she said she didn't care...
Mary

United States

#8 Apr 23, 2012
I totally agree with those who have mentioned the rudeness of one particular person ( probably an owner or manager ) at this store! I had to call to check on our order and was treated VERY rudely when I told them that nobody had informed us about the amount of wait time for delivery of the dress when we ordered it. I have NEVER had any person speak to me in the manner in which I was spoken to by the woman on the phone. She truly DIDN'T care about us as a customer or about our order and my concern, threatened to cancel the order, and was just plain nasty. Wow! I guess if everything goes alright and if you don't question anything you many have a good experience?? Guess they have so much business that one order means nothing to them. I would NEVER recommend shopping at this place unless you are certain that nothing will ever go wrong. Watch out if it does!!

cancel our order, and
Horrible

Washington, DC

#9 Apr 26, 2013
The worst telephone service ever. I called today and spoke to a man who I believe is the owner, by the name of Bryant ransom. Extremely rude . Told me to hurry up with my questions because there were other "customers calling in" . I purchased my dress 8 weeks ago and never heard from hem since. thy told me it would take 6 weeks to areive however as you can imagine, its been well past that. they were very sweet and engaged when i paid , but after they got their money, unconcerned and dismissive! I asked when the dress will be ready for pick up since the prom is now 7 days from today, he replied "it will be shipped next week , now i have other pepple to tend to" His demeanor carried no sense of customer service nor did it matter that I ALREADY spent my hard earned money in this undeserving store. I will never shop here again or refer anyone else to do the same. If it wasnt so close to the date i would cancel my order all together. Can't believe I chose this place over other boutiques , complete waste of time and money. Unprofessional . Horrible customer service .
Horrible

Washington, DC

#10 Apr 26, 2013
Wow!!! Similar experience!! Can't believe this!
Worst Boutique Experience

Washington, DC

#11 May 2, 2013
This is the worse place to puchase mechandise. I purchased my dress 10 weeks ago, I was told then that I will have my dress latest six weeks. Which was ok, I told the owner Mr. Ransom that my function was May 5th, he stated that my dress will be here at the store for pick up within six weeks. He knew my dress need alterations based on my measurements, and i would need time to have my dress altered. Today is May 3rd, my dress is srill not at the store for pickup. Every time I call to enquire about dress, no one ever answered the phone, or MR RANSOM will answer the phone. He was EXTREMELY RUDE, "said he did not have time to talk to me on the phone, there were other customers waiting to talk to him". There were times when he hung up the phone. It seems that he is running a Mickey Mouse Boutique. Really he should have staff to answer call for inquiries of purchased merchandise. I had no choice but to order my dress from a more eficcient boutique. He still have my money and is refusing to give it back. I will never shop at his Boutique or recommend it to any one. He is very unprofessional, dishonest and certainly a LIAR.
Deborah

Baltimore, MD

#12 May 9, 2013
Ransom's boutique has beautiful selection of gowns. Just do not order the gown, if you want it in a reasonable amount of time, purchase it off the rack. The gown I purchased was order on March 1st, it is now May 9th and the gown is still not in. I was promised to receive the gown on April 30th and now I am told it could take up to another week. This is totally unacceptable. There was no apology but plenty of arrogance from the lady who answered the phone.I tried to explain about alterations that would be needed as well a purchasing accesories. Her response was "well what do you want". I replied "my gown", her reply was "well that is not going to happen, so what else do you want". Totally unprofessional, and uncaring. If her prom was not in 2 weeks, I would have cancelled my order.
RUN THE OTHER WAY

Baltimore, MD

#13 Jan 26, 2014
BYRON RANSOM made my wedding experince a living nightmare. He is very rude and unfprofessional. I wish I would have done my research before I provided him ONE THOUSAND NINETEEN DOLLERS for bridemaids gown that he never produced and is very reluctant on providing the gown or the dress. He braggs about accepting the money of other bridal parties and not producing the dresses. THIS BUSINESS NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN!!! RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!
teresa

Riverdale, GA

#14 Apr 8, 2014
I would recommend this store to everyone I know. The gentleman at the boutique were wonderful. My daughter needed a plus size gown and they made her feel like a princess.you will not get better service or prices anywhere else. Thank you so much.
AVOID RANSOM AT ALL COST

Rosedale, MD

#15 Apr 25, 2014
I have been to 3 proms already. Finally, I have my own senior prom. I was so excited until I made the decision to go to Ransom's Boutique to buy my last dress. I've never had such an awful experience. They told me they could order my dream dress out of a designer catalog and I waited 9 weeks to get a call saying that my $500 went down the drain and my dress would not be coming. Mind you, this is only 2 weeks before my prom. I called Ransom's every week to check the status of the dress, get an arrival date, or at least a confirmation number. Every time I called, i got rude passive-aggressive responses. The store manager would not talk to adults on the manner because he was trying to take advantage of an 18 year old girl. I should have taken a hint by these people talking down to me that they were screwing me over. He changed the deliver date on me three times. First it would be here in 12 days, then 6 weeks. then 8... Now the designer is out of stock of my dress and I have to find something else to rush order. If yelp would allow me to rate that low, Ransom's would get negative stars from me. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE! Professionalism is not a trait these people acquire. And I repeat, DO NOT ORDER FROM RANSOM'S. HE SCAMS PEOPLE.
MaryAnn

Greenbelt, MD

#16 May 18, 2014
My story is the same as the majority. The store is very accomodating in finding a dress for you, making you feel great and then you pay for the dress. After they get your money, all that great customer service ends. I ordered a $500 dress and they could never tell me when it would be delivered. I called the store and went to the store. Fortunately, I had purchased another dress at another store to wear to my party. The dress finally came in the day before, needless to say that was not acceptable as alterations were needed and I could not endure any more stress. I retired from a career in contracting and purchasing, and if would never issue a purchase order or sign a contract with a vendor that could not give me a delivery date.
Run for your Life

Baltimore, MD

#17 Jun 11, 2014
I ordered my reception dress on January 18th and spent all day in Ransom Boutique thinking this would be the right place to get a beautiful dress. I was wrong. Mr. Ransom promised me my dress would be back by my reception date in June. He never communicated to me or gave me a delivery date. I called him 2 wks before my big day and he still could' give me a date. He lied and told me he would call me back and he never did. He's a liar and doesn't deserve my money. I was getting nervous as it was getting close but again I was thinking I was going to get my dress back in time. Please don't ever shop at this place you will be disappointed and he won't come through for you. I repeat please don't shop here.
Brenett

Rockville, MD

#18 Oct 14, 2014
I receive nothing but the best of service from Ransom's. The look is one of a kind and "captivating" just as their voicemail says. I love to shop at Ransom's because the service is second to none! My encounters at Ransom's makes me feel very imiportant because Mr. Byron is so connected with his clients. I continue to shop at Ransom's because of the courteous personable service. He makes his customers feel as though they deserve nothing but the best.(And we do and he always delivers) I thank you so much for your excellent service.
Thank you,
Your forever customer,
Brenett

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disbarred attorney charged with stealing from s... Feb 15 makeafortune 1
It's a Happy New Year for Truck Driver, who is ... Jan '15 Prayer 1
Police charge two ID victim in fatal shooting Jan '15 tony 1
Im 14 gay and like rough sex Nov '14 CumdumpsterJordan 1
female 9/30/1969 looking for birthmom born 5/3... Nov '14 jkloos 1
Police Blotters Grambling GT All Business Domin... (Apr '09) Oct '14 Get a Job 31
free sex tonight! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Noah Chaulklin 1

Winter Storm Watch for Baltimore County was issued at March 03 at 2:50PM EST

Hampton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:02 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:02AM