Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns

Oct 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Corner

Imagine your home catches fire but the local fire department won't respond, then watches it burn.

Comments (Page 2,893)

Showing posts 57,841 - 57,860 of58,292
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2013

Cult 0f the dead c0w wrote:
Yeah i moved sassy i'm your neighbor now didn't you know that you pot belly pig
Oh Lord, I hope not. I have Bad Enough Neighbors as it is. The very last thing I need is another Bad Neighbor with a Filthy-mouth and an Abusive Attitude, going Psycho-beserk at regular intervals, like you!
Mindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2013

Judged:

WarriorJudge wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should someone else have to pay it for him?? He knew there was a fee. He failed to pay it before. In a 10 year period, he had a total of 4 fires including this one. In that same 10 year period, he paid it 8 other times. So NO, someone else (man, woman, or the dammed AFLAC duck) shouldn't have paid it for him. It's called RESPONSIBILITY. And it was his.
cause under obama you will pay for him and his health. it's called CHARITY
AFLAC

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Give it a break Mindy, Aman the fire has been out. The firetruck finally came so RIP now for him. Happy Happy New Year you inbreeds, get another life yours stinks, lol !

“DaJudge's Rulings Are Final”

Since: Sep 10

Proud to be a Troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Mindy wrote:
<quoted text> cause under obama you will pay for him and his health. it's called CHARITY
Ummm, no. He's a Goodyear retiree with full benefits, which includes insurance. And Nobama won't be president forever. In this man's case, it's called LAZINESS. It's a simple case of, if you want the CITY fire Dept to come to your house you have two choices: pay the damn fee or move inside the city limits.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

welcooiu wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=D3GeZMH0bH g …These Fire Fighters are pure crap-The Tax payers already are paying your paycheck ignorant fire fighters
Obion County has no Fire Department. These firefighters are volunteers for the City of South Fulton.. That Fire Department is supported by City taxes and offered fire service to the County residents for a fee of $75/year. If you were not the ignorant one, you would know that. But you go ahead and prove your ignorance by making knee-jerk posts when you have no idea about the facts of the case.
RIP

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Good thing it's not your fire father, cause you missed the funeral, AMAN!
SexySassySenior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

WarriorJudge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, no. He's a Goodyear retiree with full benefits, which includes insurance. And Nobama won't be president forever. In this man's case, it's called LAZINESS. It's a simple case of, if you want the CITY fire Dept to come to your house you have two choices: pay the damn fee or move inside the city limits.
no each persons right to have fire protection. provided by taxes redistrubute . the wealth welfare fire department, think of the children not their fault. people use to help each other better get in line now while the getting is good.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

In this case it weas the childs fault. this is what happens when you let your grandson star burning trash and he leaves it unattended to go in and shower.And again Obion county has no provision in property taxes for fire protection because they do not have a fire department. How ignorant are you anyway?
JosephDeDominici s

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Averittian Fireman.
smellyfish

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Oh
Oh My

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Have a car accident then go try to take out insurance to cover the accident you've already had. Same thing with the house that burned. You don't get services you didn't pay for.
Welcome

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

http://youtube.com/watch... …… Cheap Fireman really crap they are paid from Tax Dollars they will put out the Fires

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Welcome wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DcA Lm8NKyqs …… Cheap Fireman really crap they are paid from Tax Dollars they will put out the Fires
Maybe you should read the facts before spouting off. Obion County has no fire department. The city of South Fulton provided the service for a fee of $75/ year. Incidentally the city firefighters are also volunteers. they are not paid.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should read the facts before spouting off. Obion County has no fire department. The city of South Fulton provided the service for a fee of $75/ year. Incidentally the city firefighters are also volunteers. they are not paid.
LIAR!
----------
"United States[edit]

"A volunteer firefighter stands to the edge of a road.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, 69 percent of firefighters in the United States are volunteers.[1] The National Volunteer Fire Council represents the fire and emergency services on a national level, providing advocacy, information, resources, and programs to support volunteer first responders. The NVFC includes 49 state based firefighter associations such as the Firemen's Association of the State of New York (FASNY) which provides information, education and training for the volunteer fire and emergency medical services throughout New York State.

In the United States, the Department of Labor classifies volunteer firefighters as firefighters that receive no compensation or nominal fees up to 20% of the compensation a full-time firefighter would receive in the same capacity.[2] The DOL allows volunteer firefighters to receive benefits such as worker's compensation, health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, pension plans, length of service awards, and property tax relief. DOL defined volunteer firefighters may be paid nominal fees on a per call basis, per shift basis, or various service requirements, but may not be compensated based on productivity such as with an hourly wage.

The terms "part paid" and "paid on-call" refers to firefighters that are receiving some compensation less than the compensation a full-time firefighter would receive. It may often refer to volunteer firefighters that do not qualify as volunteers under the United States Department of Labor. They may also volunteer time for training, public education, fundraising, and other non-emergency department related activities."

Click here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_fire_d...
LMAO

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Sweet Cheeks, you needs to start spitting more and swallowing less. Your little brain is all gummed up with sticky. Hardy Har Har at you.
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should read the facts before spouting off. Obion County has no fire department. The city of South Fulton provided the service for a fee of $75/ year. Incidentally the city firefighters are also volunteers. they are not paid.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

This is why you are the most ignorant poster on topix.

As always your reading comprehension is lacking. Quoted from your post:

"DOL defined volunteer firefighters "MAY" be paid nominal fees on a per call basis, per shift basis, or various service requirements, but may not be compensated based on productivity such as with an hourly wage."

Your own source states that they MAY be paid.

Not all volunteers are paid. I was not. Not for training, calls, or even basic equipment.
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR
----------
"United States[edit]
"A volunteer firefighter stands to the edge of a road.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, 69 percent of firefighters in the United States are volunteers.[1] The National Volunteer Fire Council represents the fire and emergency services on a national level, providing advocacy, information, resources, and programs to support volunteer first responders. The NVFC includes 49 state based firefighter associations such as the Firemen's Association of the State of New York (FASNY) which provides information, education and training for the volunteer fire and emergency medical services throughout New York State.
In the United States, the Department of Labor classifies volunteer firefighters as firefighters that receive no compensation or nominal fees up to 20% of the compensation a full-time firefighter would receive in the same capacity.[2] The DOL allows volunteer firefighters to receive benefits such as worker's compensation, health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, pension plans, length of service awards, and property tax relief. DOL defined volunteer firefighters may be paid nominal fees on a per call basis, per shift basis, or various service requirements, but may not be compensated based on productivity such as with an hourly wage.
The terms "part paid" and "paid on-call" refers to firefighters that are receiving some compensation less than the compensation a full-time firefighter would receive. It may often refer to volunteer firefighters that do not qualify as volunteers under the United States Department of Labor. They may also volunteer time for training, public education, fundraising, and other non-emergency department related activities."
Click here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_fire_d...

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
Sweet Cheeks, you needs to start spitting more and swallowing less. Your little brain is all gummed up with sticky. Hardy Har Har at you.<quoted text>
Linda, take the "17 incher" out from between your legs and learn to read.

“DaJudge's Rulings Are Final”

Since: Sep 10

Proud to be a Troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

These are not volunteer firemen. These are firemen who work for the city of South Fulton. They are city workers(just like the police department), not county employees. The fire trucks say South Fulton Fire Dept, not Obion County Fire Dept. I bet if some of you checked, your county has the same type of policy, I know mine does because we don't have a county fire department. Some cities will cover up to a mile outside of the firebox, but this man lived way outside of a mile.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Judged:

WarriorJudge wrote:
These are not volunteer firemen. These are firemen who work for the city of South Fulton. They are city workers(just like the police department), not county employees. The fire trucks say South Fulton Fire Dept, not Obion County Fire Dept. I bet if some of you checked, your county has the same type of policy, I know mine does because we don't have a county fire department. Some cities will cover up to a mile outside of the firebox, but this man lived way outside of a mile.
WJ, I thought I read or heard in one of the interviews where they were volunteers at the time, but since you are local to this story, I will concede to your knowledge on the matter.
However this side tracks from the real reason for this loss. As you said, the County has no Fire Department. The City provides this servide to those who pay the fee and has for decades. Mr Cranick did not pay the fee, waited too long to call and suffered the consequences. His fault, his loss.
well

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

This still here

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,841 - 57,860 of58,292
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hampshire Discussions

Search the Hampshire Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min Pete 124,657
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 43 min lex 8,505
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr Armadillo 8,474
TN 16 Known Dead From Storms In Tennessee (Apr '11) Apr 4 doe resident 1,355
Jailer arraigned on rape charges Mar 31 Joe 1
Does anyone remember? Dec '13 Nancy R Gordon 1
Information concerning charles pierce Nov '13 nana68 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hampshire Jobs

•••
•••
•••