Escaping the nightmare

Escaping the nightmare

There are 3 comments on the Columbia Daily Herald story from Sep 2, 2013, titled Escaping the nightmare. In it, Columbia Daily Herald reports that:

Kathy Gillum of Columbia, pictured at Maury County Park, and her last boyfriend split in April after four years of an abusive relationship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Daily Herald.

amazed

Columbia, TN

#1 Sep 2, 2013
I have almost gotten to the point to where I am losing my faith in the justice system .. The world is backwards anymore. For the woman who are abused mentally or physically. They try to get anyway but its all a mind game .. Most of the time they get away .. but then they feel they cannot live with out that abuser...and some go through this for many years or the rest of there life..But then you have the ones who do get away ..Improve there life,,Then the abuser harasses then and wont leave them alone.. Then the justice system wants these woman to stand up report them , stand up to them , get away...WELL WHY.? They go to court and nothing is ever done about it and it continues.Its time more people get involved and fight. Fight for whats right..Most people think if it's not them its not there problem.Or rather if someone is MURDERED .. then you here from people ahh what a shame how sad or it was her fault for not leaving..WAKE UP AMERICA!!! What if that was your daughter or granddaughter? or sister , mother?
ihearya

Columbia, TN

#2 Sep 2, 2013
Marshall County
A Lewisburg man who pleaded guilty to multiple charges was sentenced to a total of seven and one-half years in prison.
After a domestic incident on Feb. 17, Benjamin Franklin Dees, 32, of Yell Road, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and possession of a prohibited weapon, in this case a 20 gauge "short barrel shotgun."
Dees was also charged with failure to appear, because he missed a General Sessions Court date in April. His criminal record dates back to 1999, when he was convicted of "possession/manufacture/s ale of a dangerous weapon" in San Bernadino County, Calif.
Judge Lee Russell sentenced Dees to five years on the aggravated assault, and one year on possession charge, plus 18 months on the failure to appear charge, all to be served one after the other, for a total effective sentence of seven and one-half years. Dees must serve 30 percent of his sentence before being eligible for a parole board hearing.
SHHHH

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 2, 2013
Stop your pointless complaining. Kthx. Bye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampshire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guy with ranger missed connection Oct '16 Sami 1
News Theater patron wants to 'spread the wealth' (Jan '09) Sep '16 Deadpool 2
IB tech Sep '16 John 3
News Dance moves lead to stabbing (Jan '08) Aug '16 Hank 7
Who gives the best head and is the best f*ck in... (Sep '14) Jul '16 Ready 8
ISO of a person name Crews that rides a motorcycle (Nov '15) Jun '16 Sandra 2
Girl wanted for gangbang (Jan '15) Jul '15 Magda 3

Hampshire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance