Anyone ever heard of Lingo Travel Age...

Anyone ever heard of Lingo Travel Agency S.R.O.; travel coordinator?

Posted in the Hampden Sydney Forum

Latham, NY

#1 Nov 3, 2013
jacquiays315 wrote:
Anyone ever heard of Lingo Travel Agency S.R.O.; travel coordinator?I posted my resume on Y! Hot jobs and only two people have seen my resume. But, few days ago I got an email from a company called, "lingotravel" located in Czech Republic and they said I can work part time or full time with them and I will be a travel coordinator. They said they don't have offices in the USA yet (I think) but will have them by 2011-2012. In the mean time they said I will be representing their company, handling checks and meeting customers needs through P2P IE. Western Union, Bank of America etc. They will train me online before I meet any of the real clients in real person online before they send me off to my nearest travel agency/airport in my local area.

They want me to send them signed documents with personal information IE. name & address. This person is a recruiter for HR (whatever that means) and that person will forward my job application asap and mentioned I can start working next Monday! I was like WOW.. seems good but too good?

One thing that got me thinking and didn't make sense was the company.. Czech? I never heard it. The fact that the place doesn't exist in the US? That you can't meet the person like a real regular job IE scheduling an interview and this one thing the recruter mentioned,

"You will receive your salary a month after signing of the agreement with our company.

Your monthly salary will be $3000 U.S. dollars. You will also take 5% commission from each payment for yourself.

Have a great day! "

I don't know.. anyone here that is experienced in this or someone that has the slightest clue what this means or if it sounds legit? The recruiter also provided their website

and his/her phone and fax number. Area code for his/her phone is 707 which is in California. I am in NV.

Help/advice? Turn it down and or is there any risk IF it is a scam what the worst that can happen giving signed documents?(Nothing big just your regular job application IE, desired salary, name, address, position, have I ever worked with them before etc..)'

This site can help you finding the best option for

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampden Sydney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmville Music Thread (May '12) Nov 23 Musikologist 16
News Community Bulletin Board (Jul '07) Jun '15 Sizemore 3
farmville (Jan '15) Mar '15 bulk 2
Poll Who is the countys' most crooked paid official? (Oct '08) Dec '14 bulk 8
farmville neighbors needed (Dec '09) Dec '14 IDA 247
I've been trying to find free history report fo... (Dec '13) Dec '14 Kent 3
latasha scott (Oct '14) Oct '14 camwoods 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampden Sydney Mortgages