OUI checkpoint in downtown Bangor nets 3 arrests

Jul 12, 2014 Full story: Bangor Daily News

Bangor police patrol officers were busy Friday night when they decided to stop everyone driving through downtown to see if they were drunk driving, Sgt.

Full Story
Tom Jones

Waldoboro, ME

#1 Jul 13, 2014
read any police association publication and there will be many stories about the stress about being a polceman, how many have taken to self medication use of alcohol and even how they treat their friends and families at times with less than proper respect and restraint, etc... one wonders why the police at initial shift formation aren't required to pass a breathalizer, and even more important at final shift formation. it raises the spectre of don't ask, don't tell. ie, could it be that there are more impaired police on duty stopping private citizens than there are impaired citizens, etc.. in any event, the police and fire depts should immediately be tested by independent citizens before, during and after their duty shifts.. if the police truly are sober and working up to the highest professional standards, they should welcome this program.. in fact, from a scientific validation modality, there never has been a causation connection among, driving while impaired, frequency and/or severity of incidents, dollar losses, etc.. you see all these oui laws are about control of the masses by gov. in fact, most data suggests that most accidents, not caused by moose or the police themselves are caused by sober or unimpaired drivers. all these oui laws are money makers to ee govt workers, tax the little guy and bully the masses into submission by govt ee's.. give it some thought and while you're at strip the worthless laws and reduce sentences by a third to save taxpayers money.. let the public become more accountable for their own safety and liberty. if a person wants to recreate while operating his boat and have a beer, who is the state to get in his face and have a life jacket inspection or a fingernail inspection? get the legislature repealing all these worthless and freedom infringing laws asap.

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#2 Jul 18, 2014
WHAT A FREAKIN'..Citizen Injustice!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bangor Daily News Sucks! (Jun '12) Oct 17 Brian N 9
Anyone else notice people from Bangor Maine are... (Apr '12) Oct 17 Brian N 4
Steven King Needs to give me a million bucks Oct 11 herb A list 4
Is Ebola the Real Captain Trips Oct 8 HILLBILLY 1
JustAnswer.com is a SCAM (Jan '12) Oct 7 micky 38
Why Are So Many Sellers Leaving Ebay? (May '13) Oct 4 EbayRevealed 32
Pioneering Nintendo Game System Turns 30 (Jul '13) Sep 27 VA Gina 3

Flood Watch for Penobscot County was issued at October 22 at 3:35AM EDT

Hampden Dating
Find my Match