Parish closings Faith in the future

Catholic clergymen listen during an announcement that six Pittsfield churches will close and that the remaining four will consolidate those parishes. Full Story
Old Boy On Back Porch

Orlando, FL

#1 Feb 12, 2008
It's about time and time is running out for organized religion.
Lots of companies reduce the number of their franchises.
The old men in robes brought this on by remaining stubborn and out of touch with the real world.
Doctrines against nature,such as not allowing priests to marry is just one of the cracks in the rock of ages.
Kay Ebeling

Tustin, CA

#2 Feb 12, 2008
Look again. The church is cashing in and going to make out like the bandits they are. Now they are Marketing the churches for sale for profit, leaving good Christian people with no church nearby. They should give those churches to the parishioners so the people locally can have a place for worship. But don't expect any godly acts from Them. If these criminal bishops had any consciences left at alllllll
Benedict XVI th

Discovery Bay, CA

#3 Feb 12, 2008
"Can any good thing come out of Nazerath?" St. John

To answer St. John's New Testament question, the simple answer is:'YES!'

The salvation of we as humans is indeed tied to the mercy and love of the Father, His Son, Jesus, wholly divine begotten man to manifest the Father's true love of us in His image, and through the continued emerging grace and guidance of The Holy Spirit.

Where the message is murdered is in the continued unchecked and unabated Church institutional filth and evil of less than 3,500 miter and red hat pedophile enablers surrounding me, to you 1.1 billion laity, and daily factually reported on, at:

www.bishop-accountability.org/abusetracker

There is but ONE solution to the rape, sodomy, oral copulation, sexual assault, physical maiming, suiciding, murder, mental torture, kidnapping, hush moneying, extortion, racketeering of many hundreds of thousand of children (still NOT any better off in protection in the Church, despite many billions of dollars in settlements, all at laity expense, with no end in sight).

That solution is to STOP all donations or all monies to the Church to force the removal from office of these EVIL CRIMINALS like Law, O'Malley, Egan, Pilla, George, Mahony, Rivera, Pell and many others!

GO WITH GOD LAITY, BUT PLEASE KEEP YOUR WALLETS ZIPPED!

Benedict XVI th
Pontiff & Sinner
gogie

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 Feb 12, 2008
I agree totally with all the above comments. The KINGOMOF GOD IS WITHIN{YOU} not the Roman Catholic Church. If the laity would just stay home for a month & have[if they need to] services in their own homes like the original church did in their homes, they'd find the peace & love of Christ as never before. Have a communion service in Honor of our Lord as he said. "Do this in rememerance of me." Open the doors of your hearts this Valentine's Day, open them Wide & let In The LIGHT.
Feeling Empty

Brockton, MA

#5 Feb 12, 2008
I was saddened to learn of the closing of so many churches in one city. I went to St. Mary's, no one touched or hurt me. It was a great place of solice and left me with some very fond memories of our church family/neighbors and the many priests that served at St. Mary's. It is never a time to celebrate when a church closes. The world's morals are going down hill, we need more church and less reality TV. I can't believe St. Mary's is closing!!!!!!!! My heart felt sympathy to all the parishoners who will be displaced. Keep on believing!!! Jesus is the way!!
Thinker

Harbin, China

#6 Feb 12, 2008
None of this makes any sense since the first miracle was on Peter's mother-in-law who was ill. Since 313 or thereabouts, it has all been a big game with high stakes duping the dopes with fear and powering them to be tithed. The original message from the Sermon on the Mount now reads:
Blessed be the Pizzamakers, for they shall have eat plenty!"
Former resident who cares

Waltham, MA

#7 Feb 13, 2008
The Diocese should consider turning the former churches into multi-use business and cultural centers. My former church, Mt. Carmel, if converted to office space, could house Italian-centered businesses that would appeal to the Italian American community. The architectural digests carry many examples of churches that have been converted into businesses and residences. If they cannot afford to fund the conversion they should selectively screen developers who can accomplish their vision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For sale' sign outside UMass Amherst Holocaust ... Thu Steve Ruell 1
3 say Pittsfield mayor misled council (Aug '12) Dec 23 Praxis33 72
Man wanted for allegedly assaulting 9-month-old... Dec 18 GoPerry 1
General Electric Lynn - Layoffs? (Feb '07) Dec 13 Crazy Logic 5
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) Dec 9 banglafami 297
Obama nominates Ashton Carter for defense secre... Dec 6 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
Springfield firefighter charged with sexually a... Dec 3 lismarie 1
Hampden Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hampden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hampden News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hampden

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News