Diocese tops $275K in Haiti collections

Diocese tops $275K in Haiti collections

There are 2 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jan 31, 2010, titled Diocese tops $275K in Haiti collections. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Two weekends of special collections for Haiti relief efforts has realized significant donations through the churches of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Since: Jan 09

Great Barrington, MA

#1 Jan 31, 2010
I hope this aid is given with 'no strings attached.' When I lived in a rural village in Thailand, some Christian group came to offer free medical care. After seeing a doctor, but before receiving medicine or treatment, the Thai villagers (Buddhists) had to sit down and listen to a proselytizing session about believing in god and jesus, etc. Kids had to watch a cartoon video about the book of Genesis. Not exactly unconditional giving.

Since: Jun 09

DeKalb, IL

#2 Jan 31, 2010
The aid is usually given in the form of food, clothing, some sort of temporary shelter, medicine, and medical care. Its whatever the need of the situation calls for. The catholic church has had a long tradition in giving in this manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neal believes Democrats will take Senate, but w... 2 min Lipz238 2
News St. Joe families unite to oppose high school's ... 2 hr Cops are degenerates 12
Springfield Windshield repair and Auto glass re... 4 hr anton 2
News New Pittsfield to Welcome Syrian RefugeesSeptem... 23 hr The Great Satan 81
News St. Joseph high school in Pittsfield to close i... Thu The Great Satan 23
News Michelle Obama shines in Versace at White House... Thu Le Jimbo 32
News 22News I-Team: A Springfield mom rents a home t... (May '08) Wed Another Victim 51

Hampden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hampden Mortgages