Jersey Girl

Hammonton, NJ

#1 Aug 10, 2012
Anyone else in the Hammonton Area get a notice (via neon colored placards placed on outside door knobs!)regarding SJG scheduling line replacements [aka: digging up your yard/needing access to your property & home/etc...]? I did call SJG and they confirmed that the company works with them, it's mandatory that ALL customers comply, and any additional questions be directed to the company listed on the placard! The info on the placards (at least to me!) is VERY confusing - and, as I understand it - requires someone to be home for at least an 8 hour period to have the work done.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Aug 12, 2012
Hello JG, My friend received one too, but I did not see it before my friend discarded it.
They want you or someone else at home in case a vehicle needs to be moved or anything such as a structure (trellis, bench, etc.) or plant needs to be moved to allow the contractor to complete the work.
SJG does state that grass areas will be repaired and any concrete or asphalt openings will be temporarily patched until final restoration work can be scheduled.
What is the contractor's name? Call them or I'll call for you.
Jersey Girl

Hammonton, NJ

#3 Aug 12, 2012
LynessaV wrote:
Hello JG, My friend received one too, but I did not see it before my friend discarded it.
They want you or someone else at home in case a vehicle needs to be moved or anything such as a structure (trellis, bench, etc.) or plant needs to be moved to allow the contractor to complete the work.
SJG does state that grass areas will be repaired and any concrete or asphalt openings will be temporarily patched until final restoration work can be scheduled.
Contractor is listed as "Elk Pipeline, Inc; T/A Crown Pipeline Construct. Co.; based out of Franklinville, NJ". I am planning to call them to have them clarify some of the instructions on the placards (thanks *so much* for offering to call them---that was nice of you!). I'm just baffled by the whole thing - SJG *never* directly alerted us, themselves [via a bill insert/a phone call/NOTHING]to let us know MANDATORY work was going to be scheduled around town...and when I called them, directly - even they were VERY vague about everything and suggested I call the actual Construction Co.(You'd think if the work is being ordered by THEM, they'd know more about it!). ANYWAYS - With so many scams going around...I, first off wanted to make sure it was legitimate...and now I want the company to clarify EXACTLY what I need to do to co-operate with them so they can complete their overhaul. Needing access 'inside' looks like it's necessary...to turn off the gas line/restore it...when the work is done...but they give at least an "8 hour window" for that...and that's not even definite - it could be longer AND they might have to postpone a previously set up(mutually agreed upon)appointment. I guess ^grins^ they assume none of us work for a living, and can be home all day, waiting. Not only do they instruct homeowners to call a certain number to have other utility companys mark off their lines so they know where they are at...but they also instruct homeowners to mark off their own underground lines that were run privately. It also looks like they 'may' repair some of what they damage in your yard...but it will take time...and that "some" things - they won't repair at all...if they destroy it to do their work...
I'M PROBABLY MAKING THIS ALL SOUND MORE DIFFICULT/CONFUSING THEN IT IS...HA!...that's why I want to re-read the placards over, get my questions together...and call the company.*HOPEFULLY*...they can clear up my confusion about certain things...and put my mind at ease that this isn't going to be as much a "hassle" as it seems!
THANKS, AGAIN, FOR YOUR INPUT!
Liberty Warrior

Hammonton, NJ

#4 Sep 2, 2012
LynessaV wrote:
Hi Lynessa. Glad your back. Too many crazies on topix locally. Thanks for the info about the gas lines. My mom didn't know what to do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hammonton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) Aug 15 Sammys steroids 222
Permit Chickens in Monroe Twp. (Jul '10) Aug 11 Dan 13
News Gloucester County prosecutor seeks Jose R. Sant... (Feb '14) Jul '15 their daughter 19
all of Forrest hills is out of power Jun '15 nick 1
robbery in home Jun '15 jackking 1
Patricia Orlic Hernandez got out of jail for mu... May '15 Heather Garson 1
News Bednarsky disbands local KKK (Jul '07) Feb '15 onfire4God 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hammonton Mortgages