First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Hackensack, NJ

#22 May 24, 2011
iml2424 wrote:
http://www.landmarkhomeremodel ing.com/index.html
I have been doing research as well. Here is their website. Have any of you used them? Our designer is coming in Thursday.
Dont use them. They are not a reliable company and they use people with no experience. Call American Home Remodeling, they are dependable reliable and fair. Good references and everyone in the neighborhood that this company has done work for is happy.
carrie

Springfield, NJ

#23 Jun 17, 2011
Concerned wrote:
I had this company come to my house today. Need some feedback as to who they are and if they are ligit. It seems to good to be true
the company name is Landmark Home Improvements, 3001 S. white horse pike, Hammonton, NJ
FEEL THE SAME WAY..TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I HAVEN'T SET UP A MEETING YET. DID YOU GET ANY FEEDBACK
Leary

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Jul 3, 2013
I met with the representative Ron last week and after doing a little due diligence decided to test the competitive pricing of the bid. The costs are relativley the same and a little cheaper than other bids I received. I have had work done from other highly advertised companies as well as recommended contractors. There is always some type of concern or issue that may arise. I believe the ad is an attempt to get new business and we must be careful in how or if we decide to do business with this company. I agree with the other comments of buyer beware as my major concern regarding Landmarks advertising is the quality of the work and workers.
momwhen

Woodbury, NJ

#26 Jul 17, 2013
Wish I had seen this before I hired them.
Great sales job. Shoddy workmanship, cheapest materials that can be purchased at Home Depot. Designer didn't "design" saying that all bathrooms looked alike.Took our a porcelain sink and replaced with $90 vanity and sink combo. Replaced copper pipes with PVC and didn't add supports. All bath tub fixtures literally came away from the wall within weeks of the project being completed. Grouting on ceramic tile not sealed. Mold started growing almost immediately. Used "regular" wall board instead of the blue. No vent fan. Mold problem on the ceiling got so bad that it required bleaching every week.
Four years later, we had to have the entire job redone!
Never returned phone calls. Certified letters returned as not deliverable.
Stay far way from this company. It is too late for me to get any resolution, but if I can prevent someone from making the same mistake....
HaHa

Hammonton, NJ

#27 Jul 27, 2013
Get several quotes and asks for examples of their most recent jobs. The best contractors would give that to you easily. I use Angie's List for contractors or quality referrals from friends and family. If the contractor doesn't seem right don't hire him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
re-builder

Sicklerville, NJ

#28 Jul 28, 2013
Go to Universal Supply on WHP in Hammonon;
ask counterman for recommended installers of their products; one is a relative of HHS former AD & football coach (late 80's era).

Ask for references, always! And contact them
Considering

Neptune, NJ

#29 Aug 19, 2013
Any update on this thread? Has anyone used Landmark for their project? Considering a kitchen remodel, waiting for references for "Ron". Will report back what I find.
re-builder

Sicklerville, NJ

#30 Aug 19, 2013
Considering wrote:
Any update on this thread? Has anyone used Landmark for their project? Considering a kitchen remodel, waiting for references for "Ron". Will report back what I find.
Ask for a list of local (to your home) recent customrs and work performed. Then call some of the customers and ask for a review.

Read what momwhen wrote here prev.
& what meisk6 replied with this Link; http://ask.metafilter.com/116858/Home-improve...
& other reviews that continue w/many warning flags va highy recommended reviews)

Filter out these + & - reviews w/ your own discussions w/past customers.

and what I suggested; go to Universal Suppy in WHP in Hammonton and ask for recommended contrators. Ask them for references and ensure work is done using the quality of finshes and hardware you can afford (custom cabinetry in oak, etc. vs partcle board kitchen cabinets or Non brand name windows vs Nationally know brands, etc.)
Then go to HD or LOWES and ask for customer lists for your type of project and see if there are any contractors that appear on both lists w/+ reviews from actual customers
GL
Marie

Jackson, NJ

#31 Dec 13, 2013
A friend of mine just hired Landmark for the Ugly Kitchen remodel promotion still going on in 2013! My sons construction company has been doing work on the house also. Landmark has picked apart everything my sons company has done and the accusations have cost me a friendship and my son the rest of the job. I believe that it was their intention to get the rest of the contract.
Dissapointed in Howell

Newark, NJ

#32 Dec 5, 2014
We just had dealings with Landmark Home Improvements. It didn't go well.
First they said that they could finance $22,000.00 at 6%. Than, a week later, said they could not because we had a home equity loan and they needed to be in the second position. They could have told us that on day one.
Then they promised us top of the line GE appliances, a week later, after signing the contract, they called to say that they would give us the low end GE appliances.
They promised to replace our hardwood flooring. A week later, we were told that we had a three dollar per square foot allowance, ditto for the granite.
That was never mentioned during the sales pitch.
So, typical bait and switch tactics.
I cancelled the contract and am now waiting for them to return my deposit.
Buyer beware!
re-builder

Blackwood, NJ

#33 Dec 6, 2014
Dissapointed in Howell wrote:
We just had dealings with Landmark Home Improvements. It didn't go well.
First they said that they could finance $22,000.00 at 6%. Than, a week later, said they could not because we had a home equity loan and they needed to be in the second position. They could have told us that on day one.
Then they promised us top of the line GE appliances, a week later, after signing the contract, they called to say that they would give us the low end GE appliances.
They promised to replace our hardwood flooring. A week later, we were told that we had a three dollar per square foot allowance, ditto for the granite.
That was never mentioned during the sales pitch.
So, typical bait and switch tactics.
I cancelled the contract and am now waiting for them to return my deposit.
Buyer beware!
Sorry you got into that mess with them! Please keep this bookmarked in your PC or laptop/phone and advise others of their BAD practices.
GL in future!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hammonton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gloucester County prosecutor seeks Jose R. Sant... (Feb '14) Apr 22 anonymous 12
Heather Garson Apr 18 Lotisha 3
Permit Chickens in Monroe Twp. (Jul '10) Mar '15 localguy 12
CLCA vs CVA Feb '15 Collingsresident67 1
News Bednarsky disbands local KKK (Jul '07) Feb '15 onfire4God 3
News bernard 'sparky' corradina, 59 (Jul '08) Feb '15 gregory397 4
News Educator faces charge of promoting gambling (Jun '06) Jan '15 F-YOU 2
More from around the web

Hammonton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]